Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:49:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 204485 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: September 08, 2017, 03:06:52 AM »

will you do the election night coverage with state by state calls, or just a summary of the results
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #426 on: September 08, 2017, 07:07:29 AM »

will you do the election night coverage with state by state calls, or just a summary of the results

I will make the election night coverage with state by state calls because I think it's much more amazing. And by the way, I will even put the link of CNN's America's Choice theme in order to create ambiance.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #427 on: September 08, 2017, 07:32:09 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 02:33:41 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 1

November 3, 2016
-Campaign in New Jersey
-Speech in Princeton, New Jersey in reaction to reopening of the FBI investigation on Clinton's emails :

So, as you know, the FBI has decided to reopen its investigation on Hillary Clinton's emails. The American people has the right to know the truth, and yet Hillary Clinton keeps lying about her emails. She used a private email server as Secretary of State and she deleted 30 000 emails in order to hide the truth from the American people, which is allowing our nation's foes to hijack these emails to put lives in danger around the world. She's disqualified to be Commander-in-Chief.

As President, I will tell you the truth no matter and I will fight to restore integrity. All the members of my administration will have a governmental email server, I will make sure that all the money raised by any candidate in any race will be American money and I will increase the funding of embassy security in order to make sure that attacks like the one we saw in Benghazi in 2012 will never happen again. And I will fight for the integrity of our democracy (referring to the Democratic National Commitee's actions to derail Bernie Sanders' campaign during the Democratic primaries). That's how the American people will finally reclaim their trust in their government.

November 4, 2016
-Campaign in Pennylvania
-Marco Rubio appears on behalf of Pennsylvania Senator Pat Toomey for a speech at a Toomey senate re-election campaign rally at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania :

As you all know, America's future is at stake and it depends not only on the results of this presidential race but also on the results of the senate race.

Here, in Pennsylvania, my friend and colleague Pat Toomey is facing Katie McGinty.

Here is why Pennsylvania can't afford her. McGinty supported President Obama's costly energy policies like a carbon scheme called Cap-and-Trade that would force plants to close and destroy nearly 100 000 Pennsylvanian jobs. Plus, it could hike our utility bills 41 %. When she ran the Department of Environmental Protection, Katie McGinty steered taxpayer dollars to her favorite so-called green energy corporations. Many of them failed and your tax dollars went with them along with the jobs they promised to create. While workers and families were left with the cost, McGinty got paid nicely with a six-figure job at one of the corporations she regulated and subsidized. And the people of Pennsylvania paid a price in other ways too. The policies she promotes make everything more expensive from groceries to filling your gas tank. Those receipts would just keep adding up. After decades, in and out of government, the results are clear : the government got bigger, our economy is getting slower, America is struggling to get to energy independence, is less competitive in the global economy and has become a harder place to start a business, which is costing America too many good-paying jobs.

This election is about you and about your children and grandchildren. This election matters. That's why we need your support. We need you to go to the polls in order to defeat Katie McGinty and Hillary Clinton. Thanks to his experience, Senator Toomey will give important efforts to help us to lead America to prosperity. Since joining the Senate alongside me, he has distinguished himself as a leader on economic, financial services and budgetary issues, striving to restore fiscal discipline to Washington and economic opportunity for all Americans. In 2012, Pat helped write and enact the bipartisan JOBS Act, which cuts regulatory burdens on small and medium-sized businesses making it easier for them to raise capital and create jobs. He's serving on the Finance; Banking; and Budget committees and served on the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction in addition of serving as president of the Club for Growth for four years.

So, by re-electing Pat Toomey for a second term, by reinforcing our majority in Congress and by electing me as the next President of the United States, help will finally be on the way. I will work hard with Congress to adopt lawa that will restore America's prosperity. We're going to cut taxes for all the people, take advantage of all of our sources of energy, promote free trade through stronger American competition and corporate tax cuts as well as tax cuts for the manufacturing industry and reduce the fiscal burden for businesses, which will reinforce their competitiveness as well as their ability to produce, to innovate and to create jobs.

Thanks to a Rubio administration and to a stronger Republican majority in both the Senate and the House of Representatives, we will fulfill our agenda, which is a New American Century.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #428 on: September 08, 2017, 08:31:30 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 02:35:30 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 2

November 5, 2016
-Campaign in New Jersey
-Marco Rubio appears on behalf of Illinois Senator Mark Kirk for a speech at a Kirk senate re-election campaign rally in Chicago, Illinois :

The Senate seat we are now defending here in Illinois is exactly the same Senate seat Barack Obama occupied by Barack Obama before he became President of the United States. Now, Tammy Duckworth is running for this same seat and she is advocating the same agenda that promotes the same big government policies and the same weak foreign policy that drastically cut in our defense budget, progressively withdrew us from the fight against radical Islamic terrorism, created a vaccuum in the Middle East, gave us ISIS and contributed to the multiple terrorist attacks committed by this jihadist group in Garland, Paris, San Bernardino, Brussels, Orlando and Nice. We can't afford four more years like this. We need a strong foreign policy in order to fight and defeat ISIS through a higher FBI counter-terrorism budget, stronger security measures, increased defense budget for a reinforced and modernized military, stronger alliances, strikes against terrorists on their territories through our military strength and background checks on Middle Eastern groups before arming them. That partly requires a stronger Republican majority in the Senate.

Even though we can be proud of Tammy Duckworth's military service, we can't be proud of her record in the public service. Under her watch, many of our courageous military veterans were abused. A whistleblower had the courage to tell the truth and said that unchecked criminal was allowed to care for a veteran. When whistleblowers came forward, Duckworth threatened, bullied and fired them, covering up the abuse. And recently, a female veteran named Denise Goins said that Duckworth told her, I quote, « Keep your mouth shut and you won't be fired. » That is totally non-sense, shameful and outrageous.

And because of these abuses, six veterans died trying to gain admission to the Anna Veterans Home. Duckworth put her personal aspirations ahead of the veterans' care. No wonder that Tammy Duckworth went back to court one month ago.

My brother Mario Rubio is himself a veteran. I understand our veterans' struggles. I am proud of my record in taking care of our honorable and brave men and women in uniform. I successfully co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats because it's another way to reward our veterans for their military service and their sacrifices for America. We have to do more about it.

Unlike Tammy Duckworth, my friend Mark Kirk has put our veterans' care his own interests and against corrupted bureaucrats. As a proud U.S. Navy SEAL who fought in Yugoslavia, Iraq and Afghanistan, he understands our veterans' situation and he valiantly advocated the restoration of everything we need for a strong foreign policy to defeat global terrorism.

If you re-elect Senator Mark Kirk, you will have a formidable and terrific team of lawmakers that will fight for our veterans and adopt policies aimed at reinforcing our military and our alliances and to defeat radical Islamic terrorism for the sake of peace, freedom, stability and security.

Thank you. God bless Illinois, God bless our men and women in uniform and God bless the United States of America.

November 6, 2016
-Campaign in Wisconsin
-Speech in Green Bay, Wisconsin :

There is a tale of two Hillary Clintons. She has changed her positions so many times it's impossible to tell where the conviction ends and the ambition begins.

In 2010 she said Iran could enrich uranium. In 2014 she said she'd always argued against it. As Secretary of State, she supported the construction of the Keystone Pipeline, and now opposes it. Once a supporter of free trade, Hillary Clinton now opposes the Trans-Pacific Partnership. As Senator of New York, she voted in favor of the Iraq War after she flip-flopped and now advocates Barack Obama's weak foreign policy that gave us ISIS. She is ready to say or do anything to get elected.

But my convictions and beliefs are very clear. As President of the United States, I will never allow Iran to get nuclear weapons, I will repeal this so-called Iran nuclear deal in order to stop Iran from having the necessary money to build nuclear weapons and to keep supporting global terrorism. I will approve the Keystone XL pipeline in order to encourage job creation for our people and to get America to energy independence and I will encourage our membership in the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which will encourage America's competition in the world economy through lower tariffs and better access to American products for international consumers and I will make this free trade deal much better for America by reducing taxes on our manufacturing industry in order to bring manufacturing jobs back in our country and encourage job creation in this sector and by lowering our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 %, which will make America the best place in the world to do business and much more able to compete with nations in the Asia-Pacific region like Japan, South Korea, Singapore, etc. And finally, I will restore American leadership and do everything it takes to defeat ISIS, which requires a stronger U.S. military, stronger alliances and American troops in the Middle East. ISIS is no match against the strongest military power in the world, which is represented by the United States. I will make the tracking of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi one of my main national security priorities.

If you want a leader who will say what he believes, stay on his convictions and do everything it takes to restore America's prosperity and national security, join me in this campaign for a New American Century.

Thank you. God bless you all.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #429 on: September 08, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2019, 02:45:30 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 3

November 7, 2016
-Campaign in Iowa, Colorado and North Carolina with Nikki Haley

November 8, 2016
-Campaign in Ohio and Florida with Nikki Haley
-GOTV efforts all across the country

-Flight to Miami, Florida

-Florida Senator Marco Rubio and his family go to Miami's polling station, where Rubio casts his vote for himself ahead of Election Day. Rubio's wife Jeanette as well as his mother Oriales also cast their votes for the Republican presidential nominee. On her side, Nikki Haley votes for Marco Rubio in Charleston, South Carolina
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #430 on: September 08, 2017, 08:54:50 AM »

Let's go Kirk!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #431 on: September 08, 2017, 10:06:13 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2017, 04:13:23 PM by UWS »

ELECTION NIGHT 2016
Part 1

CNN's America's Choice Music Theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvpd4myQXs

Wolf Blitzer : Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I'm Wolf Blitzer of CNN and I welcome you to the coverage of Election Night 2016, a night that will decide who between Marco Rubio or Hillary Clinton will be elected as the 45th President of the United States.

Anderson Cooper : This election night will be historic no matter who wins since America will either elect the first female President if Hillary Clinton wins or the first Hispanic President if Marco Rubio wins.

John King : And in addition, if Rubio is elected, his running mate Nikki Haley would become the first Asian-American and the first woman to become Vice-President of the United States.

Wolf Blitzer : So now it's 6 pm, we can see the first reports of Election Night 2016. In the states of Indiana and Kentucky, we can project that Marco Rubio is largely in the lead over Hillary Clinton.

6:00 pm

Indiana - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 67 %
Hillary Clinton : 27 %

Kentucky - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 73 %
Hillary Clinton : 23 %

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 0 electoral vote, 0 % of the vote
Hillary Clinton : 0 electoral vote, 0 % of the vote
270 needed to win

7:00 pm

Wolf Blitzer : It's 7 pm, and we have our first projections for the night. We project that Marco Rubio will win in Indiana and its 11 electoral votes. Marco Rubio also wins in Kentucky and its 8 electoral votes. And another projection right now : we project that Hillary Clinton is the winner in Bernie Sanders' home state of Vermont and wins this state's 3 electoral votes.

Indiana - 5 % reported
Marco Rubio : 69 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 29 %

Kentucky - 5 % reported
Marco Rubio : 76 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 23 %

Vermont - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 54 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 30 %

Wolf Blitzer : In the states of Georgia and South Carolina it is too early to call but Marco Rubio is largely in the lead. When it comes to Virginia it is too close to call.

Georgia - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 56 %
Hillary Clinton : 38 %

South Carolina - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 62 %
Hillary Clinton : 30 %

Virginia - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 45 %
Marco Rubio : 44 %

Wolf Blitzer : Now let's take a look to the Senate race. In Kentucky, we can project that incumbent Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, one of Marco Rubio's former rivals in the Republican presidential primaries, will easily be re-elected for a second term.

Kentucky Senatorial election
Rand Paul : 59 % ✔
Jim Gray : 40 %

Wolf Blitzer : So as you can see, Marco Rubio is now leading with 19 electoral votes while Hillary Clinton got 3 electoral votes. Remember, a presidential candidate needs 270 great electors to win the presidency.

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 19 electoral votes, 56.1 % of the vote
Hillary Clinton : 3 electoral votes, 36.5 % of the vote
270 needed to win
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #432 on: September 08, 2017, 11:32:09 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2017, 12:22:45 PM by UWS »

ELECTION NIGHT 2016
Part 2

CNN's America's Choice Music Theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvpd4myQXs

7:30 pm

Wolf Blitzer : It's 7:30 pm and we have new projections. In the state of South Carolina, the home state of Governor Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio's running mate, CNN projects that Marco Rubio will win the Palmetto State and its 9 electoral votes. Also, in state of West Virginia, Marco Rubio is the winner with 5 electoral votes. And finally in Georgia, Marco Rubio wins.

South Carolina - 10 % reported
Marco Rubio : 62 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 31 %

West Virginia - 10  % reported
Marco Rubio : 70 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 25 %

Georgia - 10 % reported
Marco Rubio : 57 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 35 %

Wolf Blitzer : We have new projections. In Ohio, the bellwether of every presidential election, it is too early to call but Marco Rubio is in the lead by 13 percentage points over Hillary Clinton. In the state of North Carolina, too close to call, but Marco Rubio leads.

Ohio - 2 % reported
Marco Rubio : 51 %

North Carolina - 2 % reported
Marco Rubio : 49 %
Hillary Clinton : 42 %

Wolf Blitzer : Let's take a look at the Electoral Map. Marco Rubio increased his lead with 49 electoral votes over Hillary Clinton's 3 electoral votes.

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 49 electoral votes, 58 % of the vote
Hillary Clinton : 3 electoral votes, 39 % of the vote
270 needed to win

Wolf Blitzer : While it is too early to call in Ohio, we can project that Republican incumbent Senator Rob Portman will go on to win another term to the U.S. Senate, defeating his Democratic opponent former Ohio Governor Ted Strickland.

Ohio Senatorial election
Rob Portman : 56 % ✔
Ted Strickland : 35 %

8:00 pm

Wolf Blitzer : We now have a wave new projections. Marco Rubio will win the states of Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Tennessee. Hillary Clinton will win the states of Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, District of Columbia, Maryland, Delaware, home state of Vice-President Joe Biden, as well as Illinois, home state of incumbent President Barack Obama.

Alabama - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 65 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 32 %

Mississippi - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 61 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 33 %

Oklahoma - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 68 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 24 %

Tennessee - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 36 %

Massachusetts - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 58 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 35 %

Connecticut - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 51 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 42 %

Rhode Island - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 55 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 39 %

Maryland - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 57 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 40 %

Delaware - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 53 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 41 %

District of Columbia - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 87 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 12 %

Illinois - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 53 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 43 %

Wolf Blitzer : In Missouri, CNN projects it's too early to call, but Marco Rubio leads. In the state of Florida, Marco Rubio's home state, too early to call but the Florida Senator is largely in the lead. In the state of New Hampshire it is too close to call. In Maine it's too close to call with Hillary Clinton leading. In the state of Pennsylvania it is also too close to call. And surprisingly in New Jersey, it is too close to call with Hillary Clinton in the lead by only 2 percentage points.

Missouri - 2 % reported
Marco Rubio : 54 %
Hillary Clinton : 39 %

Florida - 40 % reported
Marco Rubio : 56 %

New Hampshire - 5 % reported
Marco Rubio : 47 %
Hillary Clinton : 41 %

Maine - 5 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 48 %
Marco Rubio : 43 %

Pennsylvania - 5 % reported
Marco Rubio : 48 %

New Jersey - 2 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 47%
Marco Rubio : 45 %

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 82 electoral votes, 57 % of the vote
Hillary Clinton : 61 electoral votes, 41 % of the vote
270 needed to win
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #433 on: September 08, 2017, 12:21:27 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2019, 11:44:36 AM by UWS »

ELECTION NIGHT 2016
Part 3

8:30 pm

Wolf Blitzer : We can now make projections for the Senate races. In Florida, we can project that Republican Carlos Lopez-Cantera is elected, securing Marco Rubio's Senate seat and defeating Democrat Patrick Murphy. Also in the state of North Carolina, Richard Burr is re-elected. In Indiana, Congressman Todd Young successfully defended the local Senate seat by defeating Evan Bayh. In the state of Pennsylvania, incumbent Senator Pat Toomey wins re-election, defeating Katie McGinty. And finally, in Illinois, Senator Mark Kirk narrowly defeats Tammy Duckworth and is re-elected for a second term. That's an important win for a Republican in such a strongly blue state like Illinois.

Florida Senatorial election
Carlos Lopez-Cantera : 53 % ✔
Patrick Murphy : 41 %

North Carolina Senatorial election
Richard Burr : 54 % ✔
Deborah Ross: 42 %

Indiana Senatorial election
Todd Young : 57 % ✔
Evan Bayh : 39 %

Pennsylvania Senatorial election
Pat Toomey : 51 % ✔
Katie McGinty : 45 %

Illinois Senatorial election
Mark Kirk : 49 % ✔
Tammy Duckworth : 47 %

Wolf Blitzer : So it's 8:30 pm and we have major projections to make. Marco Rubio will win his home state of Florida by a huge margin. In addition of the fact that it's his home state, the increasing Hispanic turnout helped the Florida Senator. So Florida, one of the most important battleground states will go to Marco Rubio along with its 29 electoral votes. Also, Marco Rubio unsurprisingly wins the state of Arkansas, the state where Hillary Clinton's husband Bill Clinton was Governor. He is also the winner in the state of Missouri.

Florida - 55 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 40 %

Arkansas - 15  % reported
Marco Rubio : 63 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 34 %

Missouri - 15 % reported
Marco Rubio : 58 % ✔

Wolf Blitzer : Marco Rubio now has 127 electoral votes, leading Hillary Clinton who has 61 electoral votes.

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 127 electoral votes, 57 % of the vote
Hillary Clinton : 61 electoral votes, 41 % of the vote
270 needed to win
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #434 on: September 08, 2017, 12:58:46 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2019, 10:13:47 PM by UWS »

ELECTION NIGHT 2016
Part 4

9:00 pm

Wolf Blitzer : Now it's 9 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio will win the states of Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Texas and Wyoming. Hillary Clinton will win her home state of New York.

Kansas - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 59 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 34 %

Louisiana - 1 % reported

Nebraska - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 64 % ✔

South Dakota - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 66 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 31 %

North Dakota - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 67 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 30 %

Texas - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 56 % ✔

Wyoming - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 72 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 20 %

New York - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 58 % ✔

Wolf Blitzer : We can report that in the states of Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota it is too close with Marco Rubio in the lead in Wisconsin and Michigan while Hillary Clinton narrowly leads in Minnesota.

Michigan - 5 % reported
Marco Rubio : 48 %

Wisconsin - 5 % reported
Marco Rubio : 49 %

Minnesota - 5 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 46 %

Wolf Blitzer : CNN now projects that Ron Johnson, the incumbent Republican senator of Wisconsin, will be re-elected for a second term, defeating his Democratic opponent Russ Feingold.

Wisconsin Senatorial election
Ron Johnson : 51 % ✔
Russ Feingold : 44 %

Wolf Blitzer : As we can see on the Electoral map, Marco Rubio needs less than 100 electoral votes left to be elected President of the United States. 193 electoral votes for Marco Rubio and 90 electoral votes for Hillary Clinton. They need 270 electoral votes to win the presidential election.

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 193 electoral votes, 57 % of the vote
Hillary Clinton : 90 electoral votes, 42 % of the vote
270 needed to win
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #435 on: September 08, 2017, 01:15:08 PM »

>Mark Kirk is re-elected for a second term.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #436 on: September 08, 2017, 01:41:24 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2019, 12:48:00 AM by UWS »

ELECTION NIGHT 2016
Part 5

9:30 pm

Wolf Blitzer : Now it's 9:30 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio will win the battleground state of North Carolina and adds 15 electoral votes in his column.

North Carolina - 50 % reported
Marco Rubio : 53 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 43 %

10:00 pm

Wolf Blitzer : At 10 pm, we can make an important projection : Marco Rubio will win the crucial battleground state of Ohio, a state that always went to the winner of every presidential election since 1964. These are great news for the Rubio campaign. Also in the states of Montana and Utah, Marco Rubio is the winner in both of these states, no surprise.

Ohio - 50 % reported
Marco Rubio : 55 % ✔

Montana - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 60 % ✔

Utah - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 67 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 25 %

Wolf Blitzer : In the state of Iowa, it is too close to call, but Marco Rubio is in the lead. He's hoping that his efforts to win among Iowa's rural voters through his proposals of tax cuts for agricultural companies in order to make them competitive and boost America's agricultural industry will work. Also in the state of Nevada, where Marco Rubio spent six years with his family for six years in Las Vegas during his childhood and where the Florida Senator can count on a massive Hispanic population to win in this state, it is too close to call.

Iowa - 5 % reported
Marco Rubio : 52 %

Nevada - 5 % reported
Marco Rubio : 54 %
Hillary Clinton : 41 %

Wolf Blitzer : For the Senate race, we can see that in Iowa that Chuck Grassley will defeat Patty Judge, thus being re-elected for a 7th term. Also in Missouri, Roy Blunt will win a second term.

Iowa Senatorial election
Chuck Grassley : 61 % ✔
Patty Judge : 35 %

Missouri Senatorial election
Roy Blunt : 55 % ✔
Jason Kander : 40 %

Wolf Blitzer : Marco Rubio is getting closer and closer to the 270 electoral vote threshold to win the presidency with 235 electoral votes over Hillary Clinton's 90 electoral votes.

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 235 electoral votes, 57 % of the vote
Hillary Clinton : 90 electoral votes, 42 % of the vote
270 needed to win
Junior Chimp

« Reply #437 on: September 08, 2017, 02:22:10 PM »

Wonder what People Rubio has in his mind for his Administration? Will Jeb Bush get a Cabinet Slot?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #438 on: September 08, 2017, 02:33:29 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2019, 05:56:01 PM by UWS »

ELECTION NIGHT 2016
Part 6

10:30 pm

Wolf Blitzer : Now is 10:30 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio is the winner in the state of Colorado and Arizona. The Florida Senator managed to win huge support among Hispanic voters in Nevada and Colorado, which explains his success in both states. In the state of New Mexico, the home state of Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson, it is too close to call with Hillary Clinton in the lead by only 1 percentage point over Marco Rubio.

Colorado - 45 % reported

Nevada - 40 % reported
Marco Rubio : 56 % ✔

Arizona - 1 % reported

New Mexico - 5 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 46 %

Wolf Blitzer : For the Senatorial race we can project that Arizona Senator John McCain, the 2008 Republican presidential nominee, is re-elected for a sixth term after defeating his Democratic chalenger Ann Kirkpatrick. In Colorado, we project that Republican Darryl Glenn will defeat incumbent Democratic Colorado Senator Michael Bennett, which makes the first Republican gain in the U.S. Senate for the night. And another Republican senatorial gain in Nevada where Congressman Joe Heck wins the Senate seat of Harry Reid, the Leader of the Democratic Minority in the Senate, after defeating Catherine Cortez Masto. Marco Rubio's big win in Nevada has proven to be very helpful for Congressman Heck, thus ensuring a big victory for the Republicans for winning Harry Reid's seat.

Arizona Senatorial election
John McCain : 56 % ✔
Ann Kirkpatrick : 39 %

Colorado Senatorial election
Darryl Glenn : 52 % ✔
Michael Bennett : 47 %

Nevada Senatorial election
Joe Heck : 50 % ✔
Catherine Cortez Masto : 44 %

11:00 pm

Wolf Blitzer : At 11 pm, we can make another wave of big projections : Hillary Clinton wins in California, the Washington state and in Hawaii, the birth state of President Obama. Surprisingly, in the state of Oregon it is too close to call with Hillary Clinton in the lead by only 6 percentage points. We can also call the state of Idaho to Marco Rubio.

California - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 56 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 42 %

Washington - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 54 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 40 %

Hawaii - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 60 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 35 %

Idaho - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 69 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 26 %

Oregon - 1 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 47 %

Wolf Blitzer : As we can look on the Electoral map, Marco Rubio has 265 electoral votes while Hillary Clinton has 161 electoral votes, which means that Senator Rubio needs to win only 5 more electoral votes to cross the 270 electoral vote threshold and win the presidency.

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 265 electoral votes, 53 % of the vote
Hillary Clinton : 161 electoral votes, 46 % of the vote
270 needed to win
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #439 on: September 08, 2017, 02:34:52 PM »

Wonder what People Rubio has in his mind for his Administration? Will Jeb Bush get a Cabinet Slot?

Maybe for an office related to education.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #440 on: September 08, 2017, 02:45:37 PM »

I just have to say that is a great election night.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #441 on: September 08, 2017, 02:49:14 PM »

Thank you very much.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #442 on: September 08, 2017, 02:53:18 PM »

This whole Timeline is great. The Convention Speeches, Debate Answers, etc.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #443 on: September 08, 2017, 03:08:56 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2019, 12:22:07 AM by UWS »

ELECTION NIGHT 2016
Part 7

11:30 pm

Wolf Blitzer : Now is 11:30 pm and we can project that Hillary Clinton is the winner in the state of Oregon in a surprisingly close contest in this usually Democratic stronghold.

Oregon - 35 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 52 % ✔

11:45 pm

Wolf Blitzer : Right now it's 11:45 pm and we can now make an important, special and historic projection.

Iowa - 75 % reported

MARCO RUBIO IS ELECTED AS THE 45TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

Wolf Blitzer : CNN can now project that Marco Rubio will be elected President of the United States. He just won the state of Iowa and this state's 6 electoral votes, which puts him at 271 electoral votes, which is one more electoral vote than the 270 needed to win the presidency. So Marco Rubio, 45 years old, will be elected as the 45th President of the United States, defeating Hillary Clinton. We can watch reactions from Rubio's supporters at his campaign headquarters in Miami, Florida.

Wolf Blitzer : And we can watch in New York City that the Empire State Building is turning red due to Marco Rubio's victory.

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 271 electoral votes, 54 % of the vote ✔
Hillary Clinton : 168 electoral votes, 46 % of the vote
270 needed to win
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #444 on: September 08, 2017, 03:12:13 PM »

Thanks.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #445 on: September 08, 2017, 03:27:26 PM »

Thanks.
Ted Cruz should get a cabinet office.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #446 on: September 08, 2017, 03:32:34 PM »

Thanks.
Ted Cruz should get a cabinet office.

Maybe Attorney General.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #447 on: September 08, 2017, 05:58:29 PM »

No God please no 

No more Common Core
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #448 on: September 08, 2017, 06:03:06 PM »

No God please no  

No more Common Core

You're right about it. Thanks. I will se which other office Jeb could occupy and someone else will be appointed for education.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #449 on: September 08, 2017, 06:04:14 PM »

No God please no  

No more Common Core

You're right about it. Thanks.

Haha no prob
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies