Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:11:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 204473 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: September 08, 2017, 08:54:59 PM »
« edited: March 08, 2019, 11:03:58 PM by UWS »

ELECTION NIGHT 2016
Part 8

CNN's America's Choice Music Theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvpd4myQXs

Wolf Blitzer : So that is a very historic night. After the first African-American President, America has, with Marco Rubio's victory, elected its first Hispanic President. And in addition, Nikki Haley will become the first woman and first Asian-American to become Vice-President.

Anderson Cooper : And in some ways, Hillary Clinton suffered John McCain's fate. Both of them were mostly specialized in foreign policy issues and they were among the most experienced presidential candidates. They both made two presidential runs, which the first one failed and the second one they managed to win their party's nomination only to face a freshman young first term Senator who is from an ethnic minority and who described its agenda as an agenda of change.

John King : But there are some differences. While Barack Obama is among baby boomers, Marco Rubio is a member of the X generation and he selected a younger running mate. And unlike John McCain, Hillary Clinton lost partly because of the scandals in which she was involved like the one involving her emails and the terrorist attack in Benghazi. And unlike Senator McCain who was doomed by the 2008 financial crisis, Secretary Clinton was also derailed by the increasing terrorist threat with the terrorist attacks in Brussels, Orlando, Nice, etc., which raised the terrorism issue, which may have played in favor of Marco Rubio.

12:00 am

Wolf Blitzer : So it's midnight and we can project that President-elect Marco Rubio will win the states of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania, becoming the first Republican since the 1980s to win these two Midwestern states. His appeal among working-class voters and among blue-collar workers through his call for tax cuts for the manufacturing industry in order to make trade deals successful for America seem to have worked.

Wisconsin - 50 % reported
Marco Rubio : 53 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 44 %

Michigan - 55 % reported
Marco Rubio : 52 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 45 %

Pennsylvania - 75 % reported
Marco Rubio : 52 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 46 %

12:30 am

Wolf Blitzer : At 12:30 am, Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States, will win the states of Minnesota, New Hampshire and New Mexico.

Minnesota - 75 % reported
Marco Rubio : 51 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 48 %

New Hampshire - 80 % reported
Marco Rubio : 51 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 46 %

New Mexico - 85 % reported
Marco Rubio : 50 % ✔

Wolf Blitzer : And we can project that Republicans will maintain their majority in Congress, both in the Senate and in the House of Represenatatives. In the Senate, Republicans won 56 seats, which is 2 more than in 2014, and in the House of Represenatatives, they won 246 seats. So for the first time since 2006, the Republican Party has the control of both houses of the Congress with a Republican President. They will be able to pass their agenda.

12:30 am

Wolf Blitzer : At 1 am, Marco Rubio unsurprisingly wins the state of Alaska.

Alaska - 1 % reported
Marco Rubio : 64 % ✔
Hillary Clinton : 33 %

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 339 electoral votes, 54 % of the vote ✔
Hillary Clinton : 168 electoral votes, 45 % of the vote
270 needed to win
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #451 on: September 08, 2017, 09:16:17 PM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2016
Part 9

CNN's America's Choice Music Theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvpd4myQXs

1:30 am

Wolf Blitzer : At 1:30 am, we can project that Hillary Clinton narrowly wins the state of Virginia, the home state of her running mate Senator Tim Kaine. She also wins the state of Maine, except for Maine's second congressional district, which is won by President-elect Rubio with a 8 percentage point margin.

Virginia - 95 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 50 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 49 %

Maine - 95 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 51 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 47 %

Maine 2nd Congressional District- 80 % reported

2 am

Wolf Blitzer : And finally, at 2 am, we can project that Marco Rubio, future President of the United States, will narrowly win the state of New Jersey, becoming the first Republican to win in this Democratic stronghold since 1988.

New Jersey - 98 % reported
Marco Rubio : 49 % ✔

Wolf Blitzer : So now we have the official results. Marco Rubio will be elected as the 45th President of the United States of America with 354 electoral votes, 36 states and 53 % of the popular vote over Hillary Clinton's 184 electoral votes, 14 states and 45 % of the popular vote. So that's what concludes Election Night 2016 and all the 2016 Presidential campaign. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for watching the coverage of Election Night 2016 and I wish you good night.

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 354 electoral votes, 53 % of the vote ✔
Hillary Clinton : 184 electoral votes, 45 % of the vote
270 needed to win
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #452 on: September 08, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »

god VA is permanently lost to GOP in this scenario.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #453 on: September 08, 2017, 09:31:53 PM »

Better chance in 2020.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #454 on: September 08, 2017, 09:38:02 PM »

Better chance in 2020.

Great timeline, UWS. Sorry to be picky, but I just don't think Kaine is so valuable in this scenario regarding his ability to keep VA dem.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #455 on: September 08, 2017, 09:40:42 PM »

Better chance in 2020.

Great timeline, UWS. Sorry to be picky, but I just don't think Kaine is so valuable in this scenario regarding his ability to keep VA dem.

Thank you very much.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #456 on: September 08, 2017, 10:24:01 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 02:42:17 PM by UWS »

Hillary Clinton's Concession Speech

Thank you. Thank you all. Thank you. Thank you all very much. Thank you.

[Crowd applauds]

Thank you. Thank you all. Thank you. Very rowdy group. Thank you, my friends. Thank you. Thank you, thank you so very much for being here and I love you all, too.

A few hours ago, I phoned to President-Elect Marco Rubio to congratulate him on his victory tonight. I hope that he will be a successful President for all Americans. This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for and I'm sorry that we did not win this election. But I feel pride and gratitude for this wonderful campaign that we built together, this vast, diverse, creative, unruly, energized campaign. You represent the best of America and being your candidate has been one of the greatest honors of my life.

[Crowd applauds]

Our campaign was never about one person or even one election, it was about the country we love and about building an America that's hopeful, inclusive and big-hearted. We have seen that our nation is more deeply divided than we thought. But I still believe in America and I always will. And if you do, then we must accept this result and then look to the future. Marco Rubio is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead. Our constitutional democracy enshrines the peaceful transfer of power and we don't just respect that, we cherish it. It also enshrines other things; the rule of law, the principle that we are all equal in rights and dignity, freedom of worship and expression. We respect and cherish these values too and we must defend them just like Marco Rubio will as our next President.

[Crowd applauds]

Now, let me add, our constitutional democracy demands our participation, not just every four years but all the time. So let's do all we can to keep advancing the causes and values we all hold dear; making our economy work for everyone not just those at the top, protecting our country and protecting our planet and breaking down all the barriers that hold any American back from achieving their dreams. We must accomplish all these goals, no matter who leads our country and no matter from which party our next president is. Because we have to put our differences aside and work together in order to get things done for the sake of America's prosperity and security. No wonder that our campaign's slogan was « Stronger Together » because America is stronger together. United we stand. Divided we fall.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

We've spent a year and a half bringing together millions of people from every corner of our country to say with one voice that we believe that the American Dream is big enough for everyone, for people of all races and religions, for men and women, for immigrants, for LGBT people, and people with disabilities. For everyone.

[Crowd applauds]

So now, our responsibility as citizens is to keep doing our part to build that better, stronger, fairer America we seek. And I know you will. I am so grateful to stand with all of you. I want to thank Tim Kaine and Anne Holton for being our partners on this journey.

It has been a joy getting to know them better, and it gives me great hope and comfort to know that Tim will remain on the front lines of our democracy representing Virginia in the Senate.

[Crowd applauds]

To Barack and Michelle Obama, our country owes you an enormous debt of gratitude. We thank you for your graceful, determined leadership that has meant so much to so many Americans and people across the world.

And to Bill and Chelsea, Mark, Charlotte, Aidan, our brothers and our entire family, my love for you means more than I can ever express. You crisscrossed this country on our behalf and lifted me up when I needed it most, even four-month-old Aidan who traveled with his mom. I will always be grateful to the creative, talented, dedicated men and women at our headquarters in Brooklyn and across our country.

[Crowd applauds]

And to the millions of volunteers, community leaders, activists and union organizers who knocked on doors, talked to neighbors, posted on Facebook, even in secret, private Facebook sites, I want everybody coming out from behind that and make sure your voices are heard going forward.

[Crowd applauds]

This loss hurts, but please never stop believing that fighting for what's right is worth it. And so we need you to keep up these fights now and for the rest of your lives. And to all the women, and especially the young women, who put their faith in this campaign and in me, I want you to know that nothing has made me prouder than to be your champion.

I know we have still not shattered that highest and hardest glass ceiling, but some day someone will and hopefully sooner than we might think right now.

At least, Governor Nikki Haley will become the first woman to become Vice-President. That's a great accomplishment America just made in addition of electing Marco Rubio as it's first Hispanic President. This shows that America is a land where everything is possible for all Americans.

And to all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.

Finally, I am so grateful for our country and for all it has given to me. I count my blessings every single day that I am an American. And I still believe as deeply as I ever have that if we stand together and work together with respect for our differences, strength in our convictions and love for this nation, our best days are still ahead of us.

[Crowd applauds]

Because, you know, I believe we are stronger together and we will go forward together. And you should never, ever regret fighting for that. You know, scripture tells us, "Let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season, we shall reap if we do not lose heart."

So my friends, let us have faith in each other, let us not grow weary, let us not lose heart, for there are more seasons to come. And there is more work to do. I am incredibly honored and grateful to have had this chance to represent all of you in this consequential election.

May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #457 on: September 09, 2017, 12:10:22 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 02:43:33 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's Victory Speech

Thank you. Thank you all. Thank you. Thank you all very much. Gracias.

Thank you my friends! Thank you for your support!

I received a phone call from Secretary Clinton who has congratulated me for this victory. I congratulate her for the campaign she led for America's cause.

My friends, your support led us to victory and will lead America to prosperity, security and integrity. Right here right now, we start our crusade to restore the American Dream and to get America to a New American Century.

Just like President John F. Kennedy said, we should not ask what our country can do for us, but what we can do for our country. Tonight, we're answering this question about what we can do for our country : we, the people, conservatives, liberals, progressives, independents and libertarians will work together to ensure economic growth and progress, to get America back to work, to unite this country, to restore integrity, to stand with our allies and to defeat our enemies. We're going to promote free market to make our economy competitive and dynamic. We will reform our tax code, reform our education system and reform our immigration system to make American citizenship accessible for all immigrants. By taking advantage of all of our sources of energies, we will get to energy independence, encourage job creation and deprive terrorists of the revenues from our energy dependence. We're going to make America competitive  in the global economy through lower tariffs, tax cuts for our manufacturing industry and reduction of our corporate tax rate, thus making our trade deals fair for our workers.

We will modernize our military. We are going to stand with our allies and together we will defeat radical Islamic terrorism and reinforce freedom, democracy and justice. We will not abandon our allies, they can count on our help to defeat ISIS and global terrorism and to restore freedom.

Tonight, America reclaimed its status as the land of opportunity where everything is possible.

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

Sixty years ago, my parents came here in Miami, in the quest of better living conditions and better economic opportunities. Though they were not speaking English at that time, had no access to education and were living paycheck to paycheck, the hardworking of a bartender and a housekeeper allowed them to be successful and to make their children's lives better than their's.

Es una historia fabulosa del Sueño Americano que representa un ejemplo de nuestro deber para nuestro país : reforzar nuestra prosperidad económica y garantizar que nuestro niños dos estarán la más próspera generación de estadounidenses.

As my father used to tell me : « En este pais, ustedes van a poder lograr todas las cosas que nosotros no pudimos. » In this country, you will achieve all the things we never could.

We just demonstrated it by electing me as America's first Hispanic President and Nikki Haley as the first woman and first Asian American as Vice-President. We're going to fight to make sure that our children, including mine, as well as our grandchildren will be the most prosperous generation of Americans that ever lived. And we're going to fight to make sure that you as well as your children and grandchildren can do all the things previous generations never could. Because America is the land where todo es posible.

I want to thank my family as well as Vice-President elect Nikki Haley and all the members of our team for their contribution to this campaign. Thanks to their contribution, we will lead America to one of the brightest futures that it has ever known. This future is a New American Century.

Esta es mañana de nuevo en América.

It's morning again in America.

America will remain the hope of the Earth.

Thank you! God bless you all and God bless the United States of America!

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #458 on: September 09, 2017, 12:38:21 AM »

Barack Obama's speech in reaction to Marco Rubio's victory

Last night was a very historic night in America's history. I congratulate President-Elect Marco Rubio on his victory last night. I promise to work toward a smooth transition of power to him.

It is no secret that the President-Elect and I have some pretty significant differences. We are now all rooting for his success in uniting and leading the country.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #459 on: September 09, 2017, 01:49:03 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 02:56:56 PM by UWS »

International reactions to the 2016 U.S. presidential election

Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
I congratulate President-elect Marco Rubio on his election victory in the United States. Our shared values are strong. Our common purpose is to build countries where everyone has a fair chance to succeed, and where the government works first, foremost and always for the people it governs. The Canadian government will continue its hard work toward these ends, and we offer our hand in partnership with our neighbours as friends and allies as they move forward.

Francois Hollande, President of France
I offer my congratulations to President-elect Marco Rubio. Despite our differences between him and myself, the United States will remain a great ally and partner to France. Just like we helped the United States to gain their independence 240 years ago, just like the United States helped our country to free itself from the Nazi occupation and tyranny, France and America will keep working together to face our common challenges, whether it's our economic interests, the environment, the situation in the Middle East or the fight against terrorism. Together with President Rubio, we will overcome our challenges.

Angela Merkel, Chancelor of Germany
Germany and America are tied by values of democracy, freedom and respect for the law and human dignity. I offer the next president of the United States, Marco Rubio, close cooperation on the basis of these values because he is, just like me, a strong defender of these values. And in order to defend these values, Germany and America will reinforce their relations and their economic ties and they will work together to defeat this gangrene represented by jihadism. That's how we're going to make a prosperous, peaceful, free and safe world.

Theresa May, Prime Minster of United Kingdom
My congratulations go to President-elect Marco Rubio. Under his leadership, the United Kingdom and the United States will remain strong and close partners on trade, security and defence. Thanks to the promotion of economic freedom, our countries will reclaim their prosperity for all. Thanks to a stronger U.S. military and to expanded alliances, we will defeat ISIS and restore peace and stability.

Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minster of Israel
President-elect Marco Rubio is a true friend of the State of Israel. We will work together to advance the security, stability and peace in our region. I'm certain that President-elect Rubio and I will continue to strengthen the unique alliance between Israel and the United States, and bring it to new heights.

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, President of Turkey
I hope that this choice of the American people will lead to beneficial steps being taken for the world concerning basic rights and freedoms, democracy and developments in our region.

Shinzō Abe, Prime Minster of Japan
I offer my heartfelt congratulations to President-elect Marco Rubio. Japan and the United States are unshakeable allies connected by common values such as freedom, democracy, basic human rights and rule of law. The stability of the Asia-Pacific region, which is the driving force of the global economy, brings peace and prosperity to both Japan and the United States. And it's in order to defend these values as well as international peace that President Marco Rubio and I will work together with our allies to defend the stability of the Asia-Pacific region against North Korea's nuclear threat.

Fuad Masum, Prime Minster of Iraq
I congratulate Marco Rubio on his victory yesterday night. Together, we will defeat ISIS.

Xi Jinping, President of China
I congratulate President-elect Marco Rubio and I look forward to working together to promote ties in a constructive way to avoid conflict and confrontation. China and America are sharing common interests and shouldered a special and important responsibility in upholding world peace. I highly value China-U.S. relations and am looking forward to working with you to expand cooperation in all fields, including in bilateral, regional and global aspects. I expect we will manage differences in a constructive way, in the spirit of non-conflict, non-confrontation, mutual respect, cooperation and win-win.

Park Geun-hye, President of South Korea
I congratulate President-elect Marco Rubio and I expect further closer cooperation between the two nations on North Korea's nuclear issue to maintain the peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula, in Northeast Asia and beyond on the back of the deepening and developing alliance.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #460 on: September 09, 2017, 02:23:30 AM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2016
Part 9

1:30 am

Wolf Blitzer : At 1:30 am, we can project that Hillary Clinton narrowly wins the state of Virginia, the home state of her running mate Senator Tim Kaine. She also wins the state of Maine, except for Maine's second congressional district, which is won by President-elect Rubio with a 8 percentage point margin.

Virginia - 95 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 50 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 49 %

Maine - 95 % reported
Hillary Clinton : 51 % ✔
Marco Rubio : 47 %

Maine 2nd Congressional District- 80 % reported

2 am

Wolf Blitzer : And finally, at 2 am, we can project that Marco Rubio, future President of the United States, will narrowly win the state of New Jersey, becoming the first Republican to win in this Democratic stronghold since 1988.

New Jersey - 98 % reported
Marco Rubio : 49 % ✔

Wolf Blitzer : So now we have the official results. Marco Rubio will be elected as the 45th President of the United States of America with 354 electoral votes, 36 states and 53 % of the popular vote over Hillary Clinton's 184 electoral votes, 14 states and 45 % of the popular vote. So that's what concludes Election Night 2016 and all the 2016 Presidential campaign. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for watching the coverage of Election Night 2016 and I wish you good night.

Electoral College 2016

Marco Rubio : 354 electoral votes, 53 % of the vote ✔
Hillary Clinton : 184 electoral votes, 45 % of the vote
270 needed to win
The biggest story Rubio is first republican since Nixon to win the state of Minnesota.
I really think that Virginia should have gone for Rubio considering he won New Jersey a much bluer state then Virginia.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #461 on: September 09, 2017, 11:12:39 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 03:01:18 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's Presidential Inauguration on January 20th 2017

Chief Justice of the United States : I Marco Antonio Rubio do solemnly swear...

Marco Rubio : I Marco Antonio Rubio do solemnly swear...

Chief Justice of the United States : ...that I will faithfully execute...

Marco Rubio : ...that I will faithfully execute...

Chief Justice of the United States : ...the office of President of the United States...

Marco Rubio : ...the office of President of the United States...

Chief Justice of the United States : ...and will with the best of my ability...

Marco Rubio : ...and will with the best of my ability...

Chief Justice of the United States : ...preserve, protect and defend...

Marco Rubio : ...preserve, protect and defend...

Chief Justice of the United States : ...the Constitution of the United States...

Marco Rubio : ...the Constitution of the United States...

Chief Justice of the United States : ...so help me God.

Marco Rubio : ...so help me God.

[Crowd cheers and applauds as Hail to the Chief is played by the orchestra]

Marco Rubio's presidential inauguration speech :

Thank you, all. Mr. Chief Justice, Mr. President, Mr. Vice-President, Senator McConnell, Speaker Ryan and all my fellow citizens.

This transfer of authority demonstrated how unique our nation is. As you said, Mr. President, our nation is stronger with a More Perfect Union because, my fellow citizens, it's only together that we can overcome all the challenges facing America. That's how we will reinforce America's status as the land where everything is possible.

America is living a new chapter in its history in which our duty is to make the American Dream possible again for all the American people. We suffer from the slowest economic progress in our national history. In addition of distorting our economic decisions, it threatens the American Dream, it threatens to crush the middle class and our young people and to penalize opportunity as well as success.

We must not penalize opportunity. We have to promote it and celebrate it. That's why my administration's objective is to ensure a healthy, fair, growing, strong and prosperous economy for all the American people, from the bottom to the top. That requires embracing economic freedom and free enterprise. Thanks to tax cuts for all the American people, including the middle class and lower income Americans, we will increase their ability to recover, to find a good-paying job and to accomplish their American Dream and to fulfill their needs thanks to a stronger purchasing power. That way, their hard working will be rewarded. Another element of my administration's agenda is to encourage America's competitiveness in the world economy through putting the government aside, lower tariffs and reduction of corporate taxes, which will make our trade deals fairer while allowing job creation here in America through free trade. Thanks to school choice, families will have more options and make sure that our children will earn perfect education in the best schools in the world, thus ensuring to them a successful path to workforce and to a bright life. In order to restore our economic prosperity, we're going to make America the best place in the world to start a business, which requires tax cuts for our businesses, reducing the cost of doing business in America and reduction of our corporate tax rate, which will encourage innovation, productivity and job creation.

That's how we're going to restore opportunity and make this economy fair for all Americans, whether they are white, black, Hispanic, Asian, etc.

In this time of growing terrorist threat around the world, there is no room for surrender. There is no room for disengagement of American leadership. Since too long, terrorists are killing Americans and other innocent around the world for defending the values in which we believe, which are freedom, democracy, gender equity, freedom of religion, freedom of speech and freedom of press. We must not give up on these values and that's why we have to fight back and ensure America's total victory against terrorists.

My administration's goal in terms of foreign policy is to reinforce our military, to strengthen our alliances and to track terrorists wherever they are. And it's through stronger collaboration with our allies, stronger diplomacy, stronger defense programs and stronger American leadership that we will the nuclear threat from North Korea and Iran. That's how we will make the world a safer, freer and more peaceful. Because the world is a better place when America has the strongest military in the world. We're going to ensure peace through strength because and that's how we're going to defend all the values that make America a free, special and great nation. Liberty will triumph over tyranny.

We the People of the United States have a duty to accomplish for the sake of America's future. To ensure America's national unity, economic prosperity and national security, we have to think big and that's what we chose to do because we are optimistic about the future. Just like all generations before us, we will do our part to make sure that our children, grand-children and all future generations will be better off than previous generations and earn all the opportunities that previous generations could not have. They are going to be the most prosperous generation of Americans that ever lived.

We never hide from history. Americans make history. We make history. And that's why we must be on the right side of history and fight for economic freedom, for our democracy, for our constitutional rights, for integrity, for national security and for peace. And only together, no matter our philosophy, our origins or our differences, we will, with God's help, overcome all the challenges facing our great and beautiful nation and we're going to make the 21st century, the brightest chapter of America's history.

God bless you all. God bless the United States of America.

[Crowd loudly cheers and applauds]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #462 on: September 10, 2017, 01:46:05 AM »
« Edited: August 04, 2019, 08:12:59 AM by UWS »

Rubio Administration

President of the United States : Marco Rubio

Vice-President of the United States : Nikki Haley

Secretary of State : Lindsey Graham

Secretary of Treasury : Mitt Romney

Secretary of Defense : James Mattis

Attorney General : Ted Cruz

Secretary of the Interior : Ryan Zinke

Secretary of Agriculture : Sam Brownback

Secretary of Commerce : Meg Whitman

Secretary of Labor : Alex Acosta

Secretary of Health and Human Services : Bobby Jindal

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development : Bob Woodson

Secretary of Transportation : Elaine Chao

Secretary of Energy : Harold Hamm

Secretary of Education : Besty DeVos

Secretary of Veteran Affairs : Pete Hegseth

Secretary of Homeland Security : Rudy Giuliani

White House Chief of Staff : Reince Priebus

Ambassador to the United Nations : Dan Coats

EPA Administrator : Shelley Moore Capito

United States Trade Representative : Jon Huntsman

National Security Advisor : Stanley McChrystal
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #463 on: September 10, 2017, 03:39:49 AM »

Not a bad administration with some appointees (DeVos and Mattis taking their posititions) similar to IRL
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #464 on: September 10, 2017, 08:42:24 AM »

Not a bad administration with some appointees (DeVos and Mattis taking their posititions) similar to IRL

Thanks.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #465 on: September 13, 2017, 10:03:17 PM »

Bump
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #466 on: September 14, 2017, 12:51:21 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2019, 11:01:19 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's Presidency
January 2017

January 20 :

-Marco Rubio takes the Oath of Office and becomes the 45th President of the United States and the first Hispanic to occupy this office while Nikki Haley becomes 48th Vice-President of the United States and the first woman and first Asian-American to occupy this office.

-President Marco Rubio issues Executive Order 13765 to repeal and replace Obamacare.

January 22 :
-President Rubio speaks with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, saying that the United States remains committed to their relationship and to continue military assistance to Egypt, discussing ways the United States could support Egypt's economic reform program.

-President Rubio calls Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss Iran, ISIS, and the Israeli–Palestinian peace process.

January 24 :

-President Rubio signs three memoranda. Two of them approve the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline and of the Dakota Access pipeline, which will create 110 000 jobs. The third memoranda cut a deal with TransCanada to make sure that the pipelines will be built with American steel. These measures will pass both houses of Congress due to the strong Republican majority with 246 Republican seats in the House of Representatives and 56 Republican seats in the Senate.

January 25 :
-President Rubio issues Executive Order 13767 directing the Department of Homeland Security to finish the construction of 700 miles of fencing and walls America needs to secure the borders, to hire 20 000 new border agents and to establish and to establish a mandatory E-verify as well as a mandatory entry/exit tracking system in order to bring illegal immigration under control and to put in place background checks on Syrian refugees before allowing them to enter the United States, which will help America to keep ISIS fighters hidden among Syrian refugees out of its territory, thus avoiding terrorist attacks in the United States.

January 26 :
-President Rubio proclaims the start of National School Choice Week

-President Rubio holds a bilateral meeting and joint press conference with British Prime Minister Theresa May at the White House, where they discuss sanctions on Russia, NATO, terrorism, US torture policy and trade policy, all of which are issues they both agree on. May is the first foreign leader to visit Rubio since his inauguration.

January 27 :
-President Rubio issues Executive Order 13768 that the the United States remains committed to the Transpacific Partnership in order to ensure America's competitiveness in the world economy through lower tariffs, increase of American exports and the continuation of America's quest for open markets in the world. In order to make sure that free trade deals, including the TPP and NAFTA will be fairer for America, the Rubio Administration also includes a reduction of America's corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 % as well as tax cuts for America's manufacturing industry, which will make America much more competitive in the Asia-Pacific region, make America a more business-friendly environment and bring American manufacturing jobs back home, thus encouraging job creation in the United States.

January 28 :
-President Rubio issues Executive Order 13769 to establish his plan to defeat ISIS within 3 years and another one calling for increase of America's defense budget in order to expand, reinforce and modernize the U.S. military.

January 29 :
-President Rubio announces he will continue to enforce Executive Order 13672, signed by former President Obama in 2014 that established legal protections for LGBT workers.

-President Rubio issues Executive Order 13770 to cut taxes and regulations on all the American people, including the Middle Class, and for businesses, including small businesses, in addition of reducing the cost of doing business in the United States in order to make America the best place in the world to do business.

January 31 :

-President Marco Rubio nominates Utah Senator Mike Lee as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court to fill the vacancy left by Antonin Scalia, who died in February 2016. Due to the Republican majority in the Senate, Lee is likely to earn a Senate hearing.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #467 on: September 14, 2017, 07:23:16 PM »

Why isn't this is real life. Loving this TL when a competent Republican defeats Hillary and the world moves on.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #468 on: September 14, 2017, 07:59:42 PM »

Marco Rubio's Presidency
January 2017

January 20 :

-Marco Rubio takes the Oath of Office and becomes the 45th President of the United States and the first Hispanic to occupy this office while Nikki Haley becomes 48th Vice-President of the United States and the first woman and first Asian-American to occupy this office.

-President Marco Rubio issues Executive Order 13765 to repeal and replace Obamacare.

January 22 :
-President Rubio speaks with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, saying that the United States remains committed to their relationship and to continue military assistance to Egypt, discussing ways the United States could support Egypt's economic reform program.

-President Rubio calls Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss Iran, ISIS, and the Israeli–Palestinian peace process.

January 24 :

-President Rubio signs three memoranda. Two of them approve the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline and of the Dakota Access pipeline, which will create 110 000 jobs. The third memoranda cut a deal with TransCanada to make sure that the pipelines will be built with American steel. These measures will pass both houses of Congress due to the strong Republican majority with 246 Republican seats in the House of Representatives and 56 Republican seats in the Senate.

January 25 :
-President Rubio issues Executive Order 13767 directing the Department of Homeland Security to finish the construction of 700 miles of fencing and walls America needs to secure the borders, to hire 20 000 new border agents and to establish and to establish a mandatory E-verify as well as a mandatory entry/exit tracking system in order to bring illegal immigration under control and to put in place background checks on Syrian refugees before allowing them to enter the United States, which will help America to keep ISIS fighters hidden among Syrian refugees out of its territory, thus avoiding terrorist attacks in the United States.

January 26 :

-President Rubio holds a bilateral meeting and joint press conference with British Prime Minister Theresa May at the White House, where they discuss sanctions on Russia, NATO, terrorism, US torture policy and trade policy, all of which are issues they both agree on. May is the first foreign leader to visit Rubio since his inauguration.

January 27 :
-President Rubio issues Executive Order 13768 that the the United States remains committed to the Transpacific Partnership in order to ensure America's competitiveness in the world economy through lower tariffs, increase of American exports and the continuation of America's quest for open markets in the world. In order to make sure that free trade deals, including the TPP and NAFTA will be fairer for America, the Rubio Administration also includes a reduction of America's corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 % as well as tax cuts for America's manufacturing industry, which will make America much more competitive in the Asia-Pacific region, make America a more business-friendly environment and bring American manufacturing jobs back home, thus encouraging job creation in the United States.

January 28 :
-President Rubio issues Executive Order 13769 to establish his plan to defeat ISIS within 3 years and another one calling for increase of America's defense budget in order to expand, reinforce and modernize the U.S. military.

January 29 :
-President Rubio announces he will continue to enforce Executive Order 13672, signed by former President Obama in 2014 that established legal protections for LGBT workers.

-President Rubio issues Executive Order 13770 to cut taxes and regulations on all the American people, including the Middle Class, and for businesses, including small businesses, in addition of reducing the cost of doing business in the United States in order to make America the best place in the world to do business.

January 31 :

-President Marco Rubio nominates Utah Senator Mike Lee as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court to fill the vacancy left by Antonin Scalia, who died in February 2016. Due to the Republican majority in the Senate is likely to earn a Senate hearing.
I so wish this was a real timeline:,( and this all really happened.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #469 on: September 14, 2017, 08:31:02 PM »

So Rubio has nominated Shelley Moore-Capito to his Cabinet and Mike Lee to SCOTUS. The President must be quite confident they will hold WV.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #470 on: September 14, 2017, 08:58:35 PM »

So Rubio has nominated Shelley Moore-Capito to his Cabinet and Mike Lee to SCOTUS. The President must be quite confident they will hold WV.
There was no doubt Rubio would win West Virginia...
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #471 on: September 14, 2017, 09:05:25 PM »

Why isn't this is real life. Loving this TL when a competent Republican defeats Hillary and the world moves on.

Thank you so much!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #472 on: September 14, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2017, 11:54:17 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's Presidency
January 2017

January 20 :

January 22 :

January 24 :

January 25 :

January 26 :

January 27 :

January 28 :

January 29 :

January 31 :

-President Marco Rubio nominates Utah Senator Mike Lee as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court to fill the vacancy left by Antonin Scalia, who died in February 2016. Due to the Republican majority in the Senate is likely to earn a Senate hearing.
I so wish this was a real timeline:,( and this all really happened.

Gracias amigo.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #473 on: September 15, 2017, 09:38:09 AM »

Great first month for the Rubio Administration.

Due to Nikki Haley assuming the Vice-Presidency SC Lt-Gov. Henry McMaster is now the new Governor in South Carolina. McMaster also has to appoint a new Senator by virtue of Lindsay Graham assuming the SoS Office.

There will be a Special Election in Montana due to Rep. Ryan Zinke being the new Interior Secretary.

Governors Greg Abbott of Texas & Jim Justice of WV have to appoint new Senators in their respective States.

WV by law though has to conduct a Special Election for the vacated Seat by Shelley Moore-Capito who assumed the EPA Administrator

Utah Govenor Gary Herbert also has to appoint a new Senator if Senator Mike Lee is confirmed by the Senate as SCOTUS Justice.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #474 on: September 16, 2017, 08:50:23 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2017, 01:12:10 PM by UWS »

Appointments

Governor of South Carolina : Henry McMaster (replacing Nikki Haley who became Vice-President of the United States)

South Carolina Senator : Mark Sanford (appointed by South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster to replace Lindsey Graham who assumed the Secretary of State Office)

West Virginia Senator : Earl Ray Tomblin (appointed by West Virginia Governor Jim Justice to replace Shelley Moore-Capito who assumed the EPA Administrator Office)

Texas Senator : George P. Bush (appointed by Texas Governor Greg Abbott to replace Ted Cruz who assumed the Attorney General Office)

Utah Senator : Mia Love (appointed by Utah Governor Gary Herbert to replace Mike Lee who is very likely to be confirmed as SCOTUS Justice)

Upcoming special elections in 2017

South Carolina's 1st Congressional district : to fulfill Mark Sanford's seat after he was appointed South Carolina Senator

Montana's at-large Congressional district : to fulfill Ryan Zinke's seat after he became the new Interior Secretary

West Virginia senatorial special election : for the vacated Seat by Shelley Moore-Capito who assumed the EPA Administrator Office

Utah's 4th Congressional district : to fulfill Mia Love's seat after she was appointed as Utah Senator
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies