Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:46:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 204035 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: November 28, 2017, 11:40:22 AM »
« edited: March 27, 2019, 07:56:57 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's Presidency
December 2017
President Rubio's job approval rating :
Approve : 74 %
Disapprove : 24 %
Unsure : 2 %

December 1 :

-President Rubio and his family celebrate their first Christmas at the White House along with the President's Cabinet.

December 27-29 :
-The Saudi-led coalition launched a military offensive in southern Yemen that recaptured the city of Qusay'ir and all the neighboring cities and villages, and killed, through their military arsenal and their airstrikes, 1026 Al Qaida jihadists. The last pockets of jihadists are forced to surrender. This offensive definitely eliminated Al Qaida in Yemen.

December 31 :

-President Rubio and his family celebrate their first New Year's Eve at the White House along with the President's Cabinet. President Rubio delivers his wishes for all the country and all the American people for the New Year 2018. He wishes that 2018 will be another promising year of progress, optimism and success for all the American people.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #526 on: November 28, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2017, 03:07:25 PM by 2016 »

- President Rubio has had a Record-Breaking Year on his Job Approvals as well as accomplishing 3-Times as much what President Obama had in his first year.
- Unlike President Obama President Rubio isn't just talking "Change"; He is producing "Change"
- Ed Gillespie winning in VA is only the second time that the Party who controls the WH has won that Governorship.
- The National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee has done an excellent Job recruiting Candidates notably Governors like John Kasich in Ohio, Rick Scott in Florida, Susana Martinez in New Mexico and Mike Pence in Indiana. Maj. Leader McConnell might be busy with the Committeeships come January 2019.
- What happens with Flake, Corker? Will they now stay in the Senate or will they still retire? Will Governor Sandoval primary Senator Heller?
- I expect Congresswoman Ann Wagner to run in Missouri against McCaskill and maybe fmr. ND Governor Jack Darymple against Heitkamp.
-Hopefully Orrin Hatch retires. We can do better than him.

I love this Timeline and can't wait for 2018. Good Luck President Rubio.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #527 on: November 28, 2017, 01:16:33 PM »

- President Rubio has had a Record-Breaking Year on his Job Approvals as well as accomplishing 3-Times as much what President Obama had in his first year.
- Unlike President Obama President Rubio isn't just talking "Change"; He is producing "Change"
- Ed Gillespie winning in VA is only the second time that the Party who controls the WH has won that Governorship.
- The National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee has done an excellent Job recruiting Candidates notably Governors like Kasich in Ohio, Scott in Florida, Martinez in New Mexico and Scott Walker in Wisconsin. Maj. Leader McConnell might be busy with the Committeeships come January 2019.
- What happens with Flake, Corker? Will they now stay in the Senate or will they still retire? Will Governor Sandoval primary Senator Heller?
- I expect Congresswoman Ann Wagner to run in Missouri against McCaskill and maybe fmr. ND Governor Jack Darymple against Heitkamp.

Thank you so much.

And yes Senators Flake and Corker will run for re-election.
MRX
Rookie
« Reply #528 on: November 28, 2017, 02:51:39 PM »

Don't make this a Republican-wank.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #529 on: November 28, 2017, 03:05:19 PM »

- The National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee has done an excellent Job recruiting Candidates notably Governors like Kasich in Ohio, Scott in Florida, Martinez in New Mexico and Scott Walker in Wisconsin. Maj. Leader McConnell might be busy with the Committeeships come January 2019.

Thank you so much.

Did you support Rubio IRL
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #530 on: November 28, 2017, 03:09:56 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2017, 03:13:52 PM by UWS »

Thank you so much.

Yes
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #531 on: November 28, 2017, 03:28:59 PM »

Thank you so much.

Yes

IRL do you think he would have been as  great of a president as the one in this timeline(In this timeline he might be even better than Reagan ) .

Anyway this is a pretty great timeline
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #532 on: November 28, 2017, 03:30:06 PM »

Thank you so much.

Yes

IRL do you think he would have been as  great of a president as the one in this timeline(In this timeline he might be even better than Reagan ) .

Anyway this is a pretty great timeline

Thanks.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #533 on: December 01, 2017, 02:15:28 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2019, 08:02:12 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's Presidency
January 2018, Part 1
President Rubio's job approval rating :
Approve : 74 %
Disapprove : 24 %
Unsure : 2 %

January 1 :

-President Rubio, his family and his Cabinet celebrate New Year's Day 2018 at the White House.

January 2-8 :

-President Rubio and his family spend their holiday week for Christmas season in Florida.

January 3 :
-Don Blakenship is officially sworn-in as U.S. Senator of West Virginia by Vice-President Haley.

January 4 :
-Riad Darar, the leader of the Progressive Party of Syria, pledges that if he's elected president of Syria on June, he will form a government that will represent all the Syrian people. In order to bring all the Syrian people together, he pledges to give more autonomy to the Syrian Kurds who « made a great contribution to our victrories against ISIS. »

January 5 :

-The unemployment rate went down from 4.1 % to 4 % partly due to massive consumption across the country during Christmas time.

January 7 :

-A group of protesters, including Venezuelan athlete Lilian Tintori (wife of Leopoldo López, leader of Popular Will arrested by the Maduro regime), orchestrated a protests in Maracaibo, Venezuela, where they called for López's release.

January 9 :
-As it has been the tradition, President Rubio meets with all the living former U.S. presidents George H. W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama at the White House.

January 10 :

-Leader of the Movement for Democratic Change and former Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai confirms that he will once again seek the presidency of Zimbabwe during the local presidential elections that will be held in Zimbabwe for the first time since the end of the Mugabe era.

January 11 :

-As Utah Senator Orrin Hatch is serving his final term in the U.S. Senate, real estate developer Josh Romney, the son of Secretary of Treasury and 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, announced during a rally in Salt Lake City, Utah, that he's running for Hatch's senate seat for the 2018 midterm elections. He largely leads his rivals for the Republican senatorial nomination with 55 % of the voting intentions over Congressman Chris Stewart's 21 % and Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes' 16 %. Romney's advantage is mostly due to name recognition, to the strong connections of the Romney family in Utah and to this family's modern-day prominence in business. Even though Senator Hatch retires, the Senate race in Utah, a state that Marco Rubio won by over 40 percentage points over Hillary Clinton in 2016, is already safely guaranteed to the Republicans.

January 12 :

-In an effort to fight terrorism in the Middle East and to stop Iran's nuclear threat, the leaders of countries in the Middle East and of the Indian Subcontinent like Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India agreed, during a summit in Istanbul, to form the South-West Asia Defense Association (SWADA), a NATO-like intergovernmental military association. They all agreed to keep sanctions against Iran unless Tehran decides to use its nuclear energy for economic purposes, not to develop nuclear weapons.

January 13 :

-Ed Gillespie officially takes office as the 73rd Governor of Virginia.

January 14 :
-In an effort to fight terrorism in the Middle East and to stop Iran's nuclear threat, President Rubio  calls on the Congress to support the reinforcement of the defense ties and collaboration between the United States and the countries that are members of the SWADA as well as the maintenance of the sanctions against Iran unless Iran uses its nuclear energy to develop its economy instead of nuclear weapons. The vote in the Senate will be held on January 19 while the House vote will be held on January 26.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #534 on: December 01, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »

Literally all of your posts are "make RFK win" or "maybe get healthcare passed."
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #535 on: December 01, 2017, 04:57:48 PM »

People are allowed to write Republican TLs just like they're allowed to write Democratic ones (which form the majority of the TLs written, mind you). It's your choice which ones to read.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #536 on: December 01, 2017, 07:30:47 PM »

If only this could have happened
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #537 on: December 01, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »

Clinton loses by a big margin but we all move on. A sensible and competent GOP candidate embracing its roots.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #538 on: December 01, 2017, 09:59:17 PM »

No one put a gun to your head and forced you to click on this.

You can simply click off if you don't want to read it.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #539 on: December 02, 2017, 08:24:24 AM »

Thanks.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #540 on: December 02, 2017, 02:28:41 PM »

I don't see it quite as a Republican-wank Timeline.

Despite the Presidents Approvals Democrats won in New Jersey.
Rauner is going to lose in Illinois Governor 2018 Race I think. There will be some other States in 2018 where Republicans win the Senate Races and Democrats the Governor Races because Candidates matter.

What President Rubio is doing is making the Republican Party more diverse which Republicans should have done in real time.

I absolutely love this Timeline

Thanks UWS.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #541 on: December 02, 2017, 02:44:15 PM »

Rauner is going to lose in Illinois Governor 2018 Race I think. There will be some other States in 2018 where Republicans win the Senate Races and Democrats the Governor Races because Candidates matter.

What President Rubio is doing is making the Republican Party more diverse which Republicans should have done in real time.

Thanks UWS.

Thank you.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #542 on: December 02, 2017, 03:24:40 PM »

Nice seeing Gillespie win, but what is the result in the Washington state senate 45th district?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #543 on: December 02, 2017, 03:26:31 PM »

Thanks UWS.

Thank you.

My pleasure UWS!

Interestingly looking at your Timeline you have listened Mark Green running in Wisconsin against Baldwin but wouldn't be Governor Scott Walker a better Candidate? I don't think Green can beat Baldwin. I imagine Walker doesn't want to give up his Governor gig unless that Seat can be retained. Maybe President Rubio needs to fly over to Madison, WI (where he announced Haley as VP Pick in 2016) to persuade Walker to run. With his high Approvals nothing to lose here and I do think now that we have 2018 the President & his Campaign Team need to get more involved in this...maybe handpick some Candidates.

In the Florida Governor Race similarly I don't think Putnam can beat a conservative Blue Dog like Gwen Graham. Graham represented a very conservative Northern Florida House District from 2015-2017 but chosed not to run for Re-Election in 2016 to run for Governor in 2018.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #544 on: December 02, 2017, 03:42:18 PM »

Thanks UWS.

Thank you.

My pleasure UWS!

Interestingly looking at your Timeline you have listened Mark Green running in Wisconsin against Baldwin but wouldn't be Governor Scott Walker a better Candidate? I don't think Green can beat Baldwin. I imagine Walker doesn't want to give up his Governor gig unless that Seat can be retained. Maybe President Rubio needs to fly over to Madison, WI (where he announced Haley as VP Pick in 2016) to persuade Walker to run. With his high Approvals nothing to lose here and I do think now that we have 2018 the President & his Campaign Team need to get more involved in this...maybe handpick some Candidates.

In the Florida Governor Race similarly I don't think Putnam can beat a conservative Blue Dog like Gwen Graham. Graham represented a very conservative Northern Florida House District from 2015-2017 but chosed not to run for Re-Election in 2016 to run for Governor in 2018.
The old Florida 2 was not a republican seat it was a swing seat, the court made it into a solid republican seat.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #545 on: December 04, 2017, 11:22:53 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2019, 12:59:21 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's Presidency
January 2018, Part 2

January 15 :
-President Rubio participates in community service activities to honor slain civil rights hero Martin Luther King Jr.

January 16 :
-Vice-President Haley holds a rally in Austin, Texas, where she raises funds for 2018 Republican congressional candidates.

January 17 :

-Russia reinforced it's military presence in the Arctic by sending more warships there. In fact, Vladimir Putin took that decision in order to claim Russia's sovereignty in the Arctic and to secure the local oil and mineral resources. As we all know, the other main competitors in the Arctic are the United States (via Alaska), Canada, Denmark (via Greenland) and Norway.

January 18 :
-In response to Russia's decision to increase its military presence in the Arctic, President Rubio calls on the Congress allow oil drilling in ANWR and in Beaufort Sea and the Bering Sea. He also calls for a reinforcement of the U.S. military presence in that region in an effort to ensure America's sovereignty on the Arctic.

January 19 :
-Ukraine announces its interest of joining the European Union and NATO.

-The Senate votes 69-29 in favor of a reinforcement of the defense ties between the U.S. and the SWADA. The vote in the House will be held on January 26.

January 20 :
-First anniversary of Marco Rubio's inauguration as President of the United States.

January 21 :
-Due to the increased exchanges related to the TTIP, the worldwide effects of the Brexit are eased.

January 22 :
-In Syria, the U.S. Armed Forces bombarded an ISIS training base at the east of Abu Kamal.

-In the context of the War in the Donbass, 5 pro-Russian rebels orchestrated a terrorist attack in Kramatorsk, killing 11 people before being shot by the local police.

-President Rubio speaks on the phone with Ukrainian Prime Minister Petro Peroshenko with whom he discusses issues such as the War in the Donbass, Russia, energy, economic and defense ties. President Rubio reiterates the United States' commitment to stand with their allies and to fight for Crimea's territorial integrity and for freedom and democracy.

January 23 :

-Secretary of State Lindsey Graham flies to Kiev, Ukraine where he meets Petro Peroshenko with whom he holds a bilateral press conference during which he condemns Russia's occupation of Crimea and declared that the United States and their allies are determined to fight for Ukraine's territorial integrity. They also discussed issues like relations between the U.S. and Ukraine, economic ties, trade, energy and counter-terrorism. At this occasion, Graham announces that the United States and Ukraine cut an arms deal that includes a reinforcement of the provision of U.S. military material to the Ukrainian Army and the deployment of U.S. military advisers in Ukraine in order to fight the pro-Russian insurgency.

January 24 :
-Ukraine decides to reinforce military presence in the Ukraine-Russia borders in order to stop any Russian attempt to provide weapons to the pro-Russian rebellion. Meanwhile, the United States, Turkey and Ukraine do the same for the Black Sea.

January 25 :
-After hours-long clash, the Ukrainian Army manages to recapture oil refineries controlled by pro-Russian rebels at the east of Mariupol, which deprives them of revenues to fund their war effort.

-President Rubio hosts French President Emmanuel Macron at the White House where they talk issues like relations between the United States and France, economic ties, freedom of religion, environment, freedom and democracy, counter-terrorism and Russia.

January 25-28 :
-Through intensified airstrikes and a great military offensive, the Ukrainian Army frees all of the cities controlled by the insurgents in southern Donbass.

January 26 :

-The House of Representatives votes 294-131 for the reinforcement of defense ties between the United States and the countries that are member of the SWADA and for the maintainance of the diplomatic and economic sanctions against Iran unless Tehran decides to use its nuclear energy for economic purposes, not to develop nuclear weapons. The new bill is signed into law by President Rubio.

January 27 :
-Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse introduces a legislation to allow oil drilling in ANWR. The vote in the Senate will be held on February 6 and the House vote, should the bill pass the Senate, on February 17.

January 28 :
-President Rubio hosts Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn at the White House where they discuss relations between the 2 countries, economic ties, freedom, democracy, human rights and terrorism.

January 29 :
-Thanks to the powerful military arsenal provided by the United States to Ukraine, the Ukrainian troops managed to recapture the city of Horlivka from the pro-Russian occupation.

January 30 :

-President Rubio delivers his first State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #546 on: December 04, 2017, 02:23:46 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2019, 01:01:47 AM by UWS »

President Marco Rubio's First State of the Union Address
Part 1
Thank you very much. Before I begin this speech, it's an honor for me, tonight, to be the first President who will use these following words in the opening sentence of the State of the Union Address : « Madam Vice President ».

[Applause]

I'm proud to have selected Vice President Haley as my partner. We have similar backgrounds. And by combining our leadership skills we helped America to move forward in so many different ways, whether it's on economic, social and foreign policy issues and that's how America is about to reclaim its status as the land where everything is possible.

[Applause]

Mr. Speaker, Madam Vice President, Members of Congress, my fellow Americans : the first 15 years of this new century were marked by strong global terrorist threat, growing nuclear threat around the world, division and economic obstacles such as a recession followed by a sluggish economy. But now, America is back.

[Applause]

Throughout the last year, we made strong progress in making this economy strong, dynamic, diverse and fair for all Americans of all origins and all classes. Our economy is growing and creating jobs faster than ever before. Throughout the last year, we created 5 million new jobs and our unemployment rate is now at its lowest rate since 2001 and is about to hit its lowest rate since almost 50 years (January 1970 when the unemployment rate was at 3.9 %).

[Applause]

We managed to accomplish such strong and remarkable progress by promoting free enterprise and free market, by cutting taxes for all Americans, including the middle class and lower income Americans, by reducing government spending, by abolishing the IRS, by doubling the child tax credit, by encouraging energy production and exploitation, by promoting free trade, by promoting school choice, which ensured the graduation of more of our kids as well as their entrance in the workforce and by championing businesses.

Thanks to the adoption of the biggest tax cuts in history, we reinforced the American people's purchasing power, thus increasing consumption as well as our fellow citizens' ability to raise their families and to live the American Dream. As a result, we rewarded hard working families for their hard work and we handed them all the opportunities that previous generations didn't have.

[Applause]

Our country is now far more independent from foreign energy than ever before thanks to the increase of permits and liscenses on federal lands, to the construction of pipelines helping us to produce and transport oil to markets and to the development of clean-coal technologies. Thanks to energy independence, we will finally take advantage of all of our sources of energy and by using a part of the revenues from oil drilling to develop renewable energies, which will not only be beneficial for our economy but also ensure and improvement of the environment.

[Applause]

Energy independence will also boost our automobile industry by helping increasing auto manufacturing and by making our cars less expansive, which will encourage consumers here and abroad to buy more American cars, thus giving us the upper hand in trade deals. And finally, energy independence will deprive terrorist groups of revenues from our dependency on foreign oil, thus reducing their ability to finance and organize terrorist activities.

[Applause]

Throughout the last year, we managed to make our free trade deals fair for American workers while encouraging America's competitiveness in the world economy. The right way to make our trade deals favorable for economic growth in America is not to isolate from the rest of the world but to make America the best place in the world to do business. That's exactly what we did. When I came in office, our corporate tax rate was the highest in the industrialized world, which was 40 %, which diminished opportunities and economic growth. We reversed that tendency by reducing it to 20 %, thus making America the best business-friendly environment, favoring job creation and bringing our jobs back. By cutting taxes for our manufacturing industry, we succeeded in bringing our lost manufacturing jobs back home and boosting our manufacturing industry. Through lowering tariffs and signing trade deals in the Asia-Pacific region and with Europe, we are now more competitive in the global economy than we were in the last 20 years, encouraging innovation and getting us much more international consumers who are now buying more American products thanks to lower costs on these products.

[Applause]

As we all know, businesses, including small businesses, are the very life-blood of our economy. Approximately 70 % of jobs are created in small businesses. That's why my administration took the following measures to make America the best country to do business : cutting taxes and regulations for businesses, reducing our corporate tax rate in half, lowering the cost of doing business in America and abolishing Dodd-Frank, which helped small banks to recover and to keep loaning money to small businesses. Our duty to grow this economy and to create jobs for all Americans is not over yet. But we are heading in the right direction and by keeping these efforts, we will get America to full employment and full prosperity.

[Applause]

Last year, we reinforced our borders by adding ICE enforcement, by hiring 20 000 new border agents, by establishing a E-verify as well as a mandatory entry/exit tracking system and background checks on refugees, thus bringing illegal immigration under control. Now that illegal immigration is under control, time has come to reform our broken immigration system in order to give immigrants a fair path to citizenship, which will also reinforce our workforce and our economy by creating economic opportunities for them and by adding their skills in our workforce. That way we will keep America safe while making our immigration system fairer and making our economy stronger. We are a nation of immigrants, despite our ethnical, religious and political differences, we are all Americans. That's why our country is called the United States of America.

[Applause]

We made a remarkable contribution in making our health care system favorable for all patients. We improved our health care system by adopting a new health care law that created an advanceable and refundable tax credit that all Americans can use to purchase health insurance, which, increase credits annually and set the tax preference for employer-sponsored insurance on a glide path to ensure that it will equal the level of the credits within a decade. This new health care law adopted by my administration reformed insurance regulations to lower costs, encouraging innovation, and protecting the vulnerable to make sure those with pre-existing conditions will have access to affordable care through mechanisms such as federally-supported, actuarially-sound and state-based high risk pools, that Americans will be able to purchase coverage across state lines so they can seek out affordable coverage regardless of where they live and that consumer-centered products like Health Savings Accounts will be encouraged and expanded, thus preventing taxpayers from being asked to bail out an insurance company that loses money, as is currently the case under the previous health care law. Thanks to our health care plan, we managed to preserve and reinforce Medicare and Medicaid by placing them on fiscally-sustainable paths, moving Medicaid into a per-capita block grant system and preserving funding for its recipients while freeing states from Washington mandates. As a result, all Americans have access to the necessary health care services they need, which will allow them to live longer, healthy and fully proud.

[Applause]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #547 on: December 04, 2017, 03:59:20 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2019, 01:05:03 AM by UWS »

President Marco Rubio's First State of the Union Address
Part 2

In the last few years, so many families, individuals and citizens around the world, including here in America, lost loved ones and saw their freedom and their values threatened by the evil called radical Islamic terrorism. ISIS attacked us and our allies for defending the values we believe in such as democracy, freedom of religion, gender equity, etc. ISIS cowardly attacked our allies in Paris, Nice and Brussels just like they cowardly killed innocent Americans in San Bernardino and Orlando. But we did not back down and decided to fight back by standing with our allies and to take military action to defeat radical Islamic terrorism for the sake of our security, our freedom, our democracy and our values.

[Applause]

But since I came in office, we did much more to accomplish that duty. We allowed the Attorney General to block the transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists, which increased security while protecting the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States. We reinforced the FBI's counter-terrorism budget as well as our security measures, we increased our nation's defense budget, thus allowing us to reinforce and modernize our military, to have all the necessary arsenal to fight terrorism and to ensure our troops' readiness. We reinforced and expanded our alliances and along with our allies we launched a military intervention in Syria and Iraq in order to fight and defeat ISIS. By recapturing ISIS' oil refineries, we deprived them of the necessary revenues they need to organize and commit their terrorist plans. By arming and training the Kurds and by establishing background checks on Syrian rebels before arming them in order to make sure we don't mistakenly arm jihadists, we gave our local allies all the necessary arsenal and military skills to fight ISIS. By tracking and striking terrorists wherever they are and also thanks the courage, patriotism and determination of our troops in Syria and Iraq, we freed all of the territory that ISIS once occupied in this region in the last 4 years. Most of ISIS' top lieutenants are killed or captured and our brave and valiant troops killed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of ISIS. Justice is done for all the victims of his terror.

[Applause]

But our fight against ISIS is not over yet and we will keeping these efforts until we obtain unconditional victory against ISIS and global radical Islamic terrorism.

[Applause]

Our troops and our allies put an end to 17 years of tyranny, oppression, massacres and terror imposed by the Assad regime that was none other than Russia's puppet. Assad's terror and oppressive actions pushed more Syrians to radicalization and terrorism. But after we ended this madness, Syria is now led by democratic government and next June, Syria will vote in their first democratic elections since a long time. The Syrian people is finally regaining trust in their government and their country has finally retrieved its sovereignty. Along with our allies, we are invested hundreds of billions of dollars for the reconstruction of Syria in order to make sure that Syrians will have access to all the services they need, especially food supply, health, security, home ownership and security. And by training the new Syrian Armed Forces, we will give them the responsibility to defend their nation, which will prevent any terrorist group from emerging in the region.

[Applause]

As we speak, for almost 2 decades, we are now fighting the longest war in America's history. In the last few years, the Taliban, Al Qaida and ISIS made progress in Afghanistan, multiplying their terrorist attacks in this country as well as in Pakistan. But my administration took bold decisions to fight radical Islamic terrorism in Afghanistan and to give us a clear chance to succeed there and to win the War in Afghanistan. Despite our differences and our different interests, we managed to convince our Indian and Pakistani allies that we have a common ennemy, which is radical Islamic terrorism, and that we have a common goal : defeating radical Islamic terrorism. So while we deployed 20 000 additional troops in reinforcement in Afghanistan, India has accepted to send 60 000 troops there. As a result, we combined the incredibly powerful military strengths of both the 1st military power in the world (the United States) and the 4th military power in the world (India), which drastically gave us the upper hand against terrorists and helped us to defeat them in all the territories they occupied, thus eradicating ISIS, Al Qaida and the Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan. And by finishing our duty to rebuild Afghanistan and to train the Afghan Army, we're going to make Afghans fully responsible of the security of their country for the sake of security, stability, democracy and peace in this region. The end of our combat mission and of the War in Afghanistan are imminent. Peace and stability are finally about to return in Afghanistan.

[Applause]

Iran is led by a regime that is threatening freedom of religion and seeks the destruction of America and Israel. By standing with our allies, including Israel, and by restoring diplomatic and economic sanctions against Iran, the biggest sponsor of global terrorism, we deprived Iran of the necessary capitals they needed to develop nuclear weapons and to fund terrorist groups around the world, thus reinforcing security and stability in the Middle East. We won't put any option off the table, not even the military option. Instead of using this money and their uranium to develop ballistic missiles and to sponsor terrorism, Iran must care about its people and use these resources to develop the Iranian economy and to create jobs for Iranians. By increasing the diplomatic pressure we are orchestrating, we will get there for the sake of peace, stability, security, justice, prosperity and freedom.

[Applause]

We reiterated our commitment to stand for freedom, democracy and international territorial integrity by standing with our Ukrainian allies, providing all the necessary military arsenal and equipment to them in order to help them defending their country against Russia's expansionist policies and by increasing sanctions against Russia. Thanks to such pressure on their economy, Russia will be forced to give up and to restore Ukraine's territorial integrity. That way, we can win without any war against Russia.

[Applause]

In the last few years, North Korea's nuclear threat has remarkably increased, which reinforced the eventuality of a disastrous and deadly nuclear war. Kim Jong-un multiplied North Korea's nuclear tests, thus increasing tensions and unstability in the Asia-Pacific region. We knew that passivity was and is still not an option. We took action by increasing economic and diplomatic sanctions against North Korea and against the international firms that were serving as financial intermediaries to the regime of Kim Jong-un to help them developing nuclear weapons. By cutting North Korea's crude oil supply, which is the life blood of any modern military, we are weakening their military. We put North Korea back on the list of state sponsors of terrorism, we reinforced our military presence in the Pacific, we established an anti-missile shield in order to intercept and destroy any nuclear missile launched by North Korea against us and our allies and we reinforced our regional alliances by creating the Pacific Treaty Organization (PTO). Thanks to all these efforts, we will stop North Korea's nuclear threat without any war against them an we will restore stability, peace, security and freedom in the Pacific.

[Applause]

Thanks to the return of the American leadership, security, freedom, democracy and justice are progressing and we will win the War on Terror.

[Applause]

My fellow Americans, our economy and our prosperity are stronger than ever before thanks to the promotion of free enterprise and free market. Our national security is stronger thanks to a stronger military and stronger alliances. And our society is fairer thanks to a better health care system and to the defense of our Constitution. America has reborn from the ashes. We can't stop thinking about the future. The best is yet to come. A bright future is ahead of the entire American people in the context of this optimistic century that is none other than the 21st century. Let's work together, no matter our differences, our beliefs and our origins, to get to this bright, prosperous and fair future.

Thank you. God bless you all and God bless the United States of America.

[Applause]
Junior Chimp

« Reply #548 on: December 05, 2017, 01:27:10 PM »

What a moving SOTU Speech by the President!

Thanks UWS.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #549 on: December 05, 2017, 02:08:16 PM »

What a moving SOTU Speech by the President!

Thanks UWS.

Thank you.

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies