Iowa is Rubio Country (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:43:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 204065 times)
Junior Chimp

« on: April 22, 2017, 06:19:22 PM »

I love this Timeline.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 02:22:10 PM »

Wonder what People Rubio has in his mind for his Administration? Will Jeb Bush get a Cabinet Slot?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 02:53:18 PM »

Wonder what People Rubio has in his mind for his Administration? Will Jeb Bush get a Cabinet Slot?

Maybe for an office related to education.
I just have to say that is a great election night.

This whole Timeline is great. The Convention Speeches, Debate Answers, etc.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 08:31:02 PM »

So Rubio has nominated Shelley Moore-Capito to his Cabinet and Mike Lee to SCOTUS. The President must be quite confident they will hold WV.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 09:38:09 AM »

Great first month for the Rubio Administration.

Due to Nikki Haley assuming the Vice-Presidency SC Lt-Gov. Henry McMaster is now the new Governor in South Carolina. McMaster also has to appoint a new Senator by virtue of Lindsay Graham assuming the SoS Office.

There will be a Special Election in Montana due to Rep. Ryan Zinke being the new Interior Secretary.

Governors Greg Abbott of Texas & Jim Justice of WV have to appoint new Senators in their respective States.

WV by law though has to conduct a Special Election for the vacated Seat by Shelley Moore-Capito who assumed the EPA Administrator

Utah Govenor Gary Herbert also has to appoint a new Senator if Senator Mike Lee is confirmed by the Senate as SCOTUS Justice.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 12:35:07 PM »

I'm very impressed with the Rubio Presidency thus far. If his JA stays high expect him to campaign for Republicans in the VA Governor Race as well as in the 2018 MidTerms where Republicans could have a shot at a Super-Majority in the Senate.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 10:51:37 AM »

No more war! Get the troops out of Iraq and Syria!

President Rubio will bring the Troops home once ISIS is defeated. President Obama withdrew Troops too soon and that's why we in that mess now.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 10:51:16 AM »

Does President Rubio have a Plan for Syria once Assad is removed? Don't get me wrong: Assad is bad and should be removed but we don't need another Civil War in Syria like we had in Iraq after Saddam Hussein was removed by President George W. Bush.

This could work for President Rubio or not? If he has real Plan restoring Democracy to Syria Rubios Approvals will stay high. If it turns to a Civil War after Assad is removed Rubios JA will plummet I predict.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 05:05:30 PM »

I was suspecting some big Republicans would announce intentions to run for Senate given President Rubios astronomical high Approval Ratings. Great Recruitment by the NRSCC getting Kasich to run.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 03:10:45 PM »

Great Vote by Congress to restore Syria. I like the bipartisan negotiations regarding Legislation this year. Never happened this often the last 8 years. Looks like Lawmakers moving back to the middle which is good because that get's stuff done. President Rubio looks to be on Track for a Record Approval year.

The President seems well respected even by Mainstream Democrats.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2017, 03:07:25 PM by 2016 »

- President Rubio has had a Record-Breaking Year on his Job Approvals as well as accomplishing 3-Times as much what President Obama had in his first year.
- Unlike President Obama President Rubio isn't just talking "Change"; He is producing "Change"
- Ed Gillespie winning in VA is only the second time that the Party who controls the WH has won that Governorship.
- The National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee has done an excellent Job recruiting Candidates notably Governors like John Kasich in Ohio, Rick Scott in Florida, Susana Martinez in New Mexico and Mike Pence in Indiana. Maj. Leader McConnell might be busy with the Committeeships come January 2019.
- What happens with Flake, Corker? Will they now stay in the Senate or will they still retire? Will Governor Sandoval primary Senator Heller?
- I expect Congresswoman Ann Wagner to run in Missouri against McCaskill and maybe fmr. ND Governor Jack Darymple against Heitkamp.
-Hopefully Orrin Hatch retires. We can do better than him.

I love this Timeline and can't wait for 2018. Good Luck President Rubio.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 02:28:41 PM »

Don't make this a Republican-wank.

I don't see it quite as a Republican-wank Timeline.

Despite the Presidents Approvals Democrats won in New Jersey.
Rauner is going to lose in Illinois Governor 2018 Race I think. There will be some other States in 2018 where Republicans win the Senate Races and Democrats the Governor Races because Candidates matter.

What President Rubio is doing is making the Republican Party more diverse which Republicans should have done in real time.

I absolutely love this Timeline

Thanks UWS.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 03:26:31 PM »

Don't make this a Republican-wank.

I don't see it quite as a Republican-wank Timeline.

Despite the Presidents Approvals Democrats won in New Jersey.
Rauner is going to lose in Illinois Governor 2018 Race I think. There will be some other States in 2018 where Republicans win the Senate Races and Democrats the Governor Races because Candidates matter.

What President Rubio is doing is making the Republican Party more diverse which Republicans should have done in real time.

I absolutely love this Timeline

Thanks UWS.

Thank you.

My pleasure UWS!

Interestingly looking at your Timeline you have listened Mark Green running in Wisconsin against Baldwin but wouldn't be Governor Scott Walker a better Candidate? I don't think Green can beat Baldwin. I imagine Walker doesn't want to give up his Governor gig unless that Seat can be retained. Maybe President Rubio needs to fly over to Madison, WI (where he announced Haley as VP Pick in 2016) to persuade Walker to run. With his high Approvals nothing to lose here and I do think now that we have 2018 the President & his Campaign Team need to get more involved in this...maybe handpick some Candidates.

In the Florida Governor Race similarly I don't think Putnam can beat a conservative Blue Dog like Gwen Graham. Graham represented a very conservative Northern Florida House District from 2015-2017 but chosed not to run for Re-Election in 2016 to run for Governor in 2018.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 01:27:10 PM »

What a moving SOTU Speech by the President!

Thanks UWS.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 12:07:44 PM »

Marco Rubio would absolutely not have a 72% approval rating with political, cultural, and social polarization this high. And he would certainly not win Minnesota and Jersey either.
And yet Bush already had a 90 % job approval rating and maintained it above 80 % for months.
A) The country was less polarized then
B) Rubio hasn't had a 9/11 style event to drive his approvals so high

Rubio doesn't need a 9/11 style event to have high Approvals. He has bipartisan support across the aisle from Republicans & Democrats in Congress which GWB never had because most people even Lawmakers in Washington believed that he wasn't rightfully elected President. The SCOTUS elected him and not the Voters.
Rubio would probably the only President who would have had a chance in real time to get our broken Immigration System back into order, offering people who work in our Country a pathway to Citizenship among other things.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 06:22:40 PM »

I wonder who won the Ohio Republican Governor Primary? With Kasich been so strong you would expect that this would bode well for Kasichs Lt. Governor Mary Taylor who could become Ohios 1st Female Governor in November.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 04:45:38 PM »

I wonder who won the Ohio Republican Governor Primary? With Kasich been so strong you would expect that this would bode well for Kasichs Lt. Governor Mary Taylor who could become Ohios 1st Female Governor in November.

Ohio Republican Gubernatorial primary
Mary Taylor : 51 %

Mike DeWine : 34 %
Mike DeWine : 15 %

Two Mike DeWines running? That can't be.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »

Who won the Governor Primaries in Nevada, Maine, New Mexico and California this month?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 11:20:45 AM »

UWS,
How are Republicans doing in the Governor Races like Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maryland, Michigan, Illinois, Colorado, etc.

I'm guessing Bruce Rauner is losing his Re-Election due to his unpopularity.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 04:56:38 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2018, 05:20:27 PM by 2016 »

Some of the Senate Races will be very close I think. Once South Florida gets reported I wouldn't be surprised of an Automatic Recount, same might be happening in New Mexico and North Dakota and they will certainly count California Votes tomorrow all Day before that Race is decided...maybe a Recount there too.

Going to take awhile before we know if Republicans get their 60th Seat.

Also I expect Sanders, Warren and Gillibrand to run for President challenging President Rubio given these 3 won their Races so easily. Going to be fun to watch those 3 attacking each other.

Given that California Senator Kamala Harris helped draft President Rubios Immigration Bill with Jeff Flake during the first two years of his Presidency she stays put I think and runs in 2024 when Rubio is termed out. Could be a historic Race then between Vice President Nikki Haley and Kamala Harris. Would be my Dream, two Women, one Indian-American and one African American.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 01:56:10 PM »

UWS,
How about the House of Representatives? Safe bet the Republicans retained it but what are the margin. Given how this Night is unfolding I would not be shocked if Debbie Wasserman-Schultz loses her Seat in South Florida. Republicans will very likely have the biggest House Majority since WWII with 250+ Seats.

I think Republicans will pick up a Governor Seat in Colorado and retain their Seats in Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada. Democrats will take California and Oregon.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 04:48:44 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2018, 05:09:39 PM by 2016 »

Overall, I’d say you’re senate Results are quite realistic, with the exception of California. I don’t care who the Republicans nominate but they would never win a senate race in California. Feinstein would easily be able to tie Condy Rice to the disastrous foriegn policy of the bush administration, and this would cause her to win reelection. The best Condy could Realistically do is have a 55-45 defeat. If I were you, I’d change the result in California to a narrow Feinstein victory, because having California flip Republican makes your whole TL look really hackish (You already pushed the limit by having Rubio carry New Jersey, when in real life he would have carried Virginia Instead).

I don't think it's that hackish tbh. If you look at the month of November President Rubios Job Approval is still sitting at above 65% Nationally. That means the President has very likely a JA in the State of California at about 53-54 % and you do can win a Senate Seat as a Republican in Cali if the JA of your Partys President sits above 50% in Cali. I would have chosen Kevin Faulconer instead of Condi Rice as the Republican Senate Nominee though.

Anyways, California now been served by two African-American Women (Senator-elect Condoleeza Rice & Senator Kamala Harris) is pretty historic and maybe that's what UWS wants to do.

Also, keep that in mind: President Rubio robbed Congressional Democrats of their biggest Talking Point: Immigration Reform which passed the Senate 69-30 and the House 277-156 in May. That was the Death Kiss for some Democrats who voted against it namely Senators Baldwin, Stabenow and Feinstein otherwise they would have won.

Good Calculations made UWS, congrats. Neither GWB nor Obama managed to do Immigration Reform in Congress.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 09:07:48 AM »

Wtf, GOP doing so well during a GOP-Pres midterm. Did Rubio get another 9/11 to help??? lol

Well, the unemployment rate has declined to 3.6 % (which is the lowest rate in 50 years) so the economy is getting better, ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is killed by the U.S. Armed Forces under President Rubio's watch, ISIS is eradicated in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen and Egypt and it's soon to be the case in Syria so the terrorist threat is declining. That's notably what explains the GOP momentum.

Also, President Rubios Bipartisanship. If you look at his first two years virtually every major Issue/Topic that has passed Congress was bipartisan.

UWS,
Who will be the new Congressional Leaders for Democrats & Republicans? I'm assuming that Nancy Pelosi will step down Democratic Minority Leader after this loss.

Will President Rubio hold a Bipartisan Congressional Leaders Meeting like Presidents usually do after a MidTerm Election?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2018, 12:30:57 PM »

The Democratic Presidential Nomination starts bascially now. The Democratic Party moved too far to the left, got too much influenced by the Bernie Sanders folks. They lost the Centrists all over the place during the 2018 MidTerms.

You can expect that Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer will continue to help President Rubio where he can and sack the liberal Sanders Wing of the Democratic Party.

Nevertheless I expect Sanders, Warren and Gillibrand to run and neither will have a chance against Rubio.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 01:43:32 PM »

I got to wonder if we see a Photo-Op of President Rubio with former SoS's Clinton & Kerry during the next two years on a big Foreign Policy Initiative. That would make Sanders pretty mad I would think.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies