Iowa is Rubio Country (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:53:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 204478 times)
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« on: November 15, 2017, 03:07:35 AM »

I actually laughed out loud as the general election map. A guy who wants abortion banned under all circumstances winning New Jersey? LOL. Rubio would have lost PA, MI, MN, and NM too for sure. The assumption that him being Cuban gives any significant increase in his favorability with Mexican-American voters is dubious and Gang of Eight cost him support with the base enough to cancel it out, especially with Trump voters in the primaries focused in on the issue.

I'd also note that you changed far more than just him winning Iowa. You changed him into a champion debater when in reality he chocked in the debate before the NH primary, allowing Kasich to take second while he slipped behind Cruz. This was far more decisive than a small percentage swing in Iowa. I do think that without the bad debate Rubio would have done much better because Kasich would have dropped out before Super Tuesday and Rubio could then have won VT and VA. Losing FL would still have sunk him though he might have won more than one county were his campaign not clearly floundering. Still an interesting scenario.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies