Would Nigel Farage be a Green Party member in the US?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:34:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would Nigel Farage be a Green Party member in the US?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes

Yes

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Would Nigel Farage be a Green Party member in the US?  (Read 1580 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2017, 12:09:40 AM »

Nigel Farage: thinks a national healthcare program should exist
The US Green Party: thinks a national healthcare program should exist

Yes, obviously.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 12:14:43 AM »

Yes. Farage is a Putin plant, and Putin sat at the same table as Jill Stein and Michael Flynn at an RT dinner. QED, UKIP, the Republicans, the Green Party, and United Russia are all one and the same. As you said, obvs.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 12:14:54 AM »

Yes, and Margaret Thatcher would be a key member of the Leading Light Communist Organization because of her strong support of Comrade Pol Pot.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 12:15:53 AM »

Yes, but he would have been a Republican prior to 1932, because the GOP was the left wing party back then.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 12:25:20 AM »

The funny thing is he very well conceivably could be. He's also a strong supporter of the Greens favorite world leader, Vladimir Putin, and Jill Stein was a supporter of Brexit.
youngohioan216
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 01:42:18 AM »

He' would be a maverick trump republican in the USA

He doesn't care about the environment just uk sovereignty

Now that I think abut it america to British politics isn't the apples to apples comparison ppl think it is
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 02:57:48 AM »

WI: No sh&^ Sherlock!
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 04:52:07 AM »

Of course not
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 08:23:10 AM »

I do laugh whenever I see Yerpeein politicians described as "far-right" when they'd be Democrats here.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 08:30:14 AM »

I do laugh whenever I see Yerpeein politicians described as "far-right" when they'd be Democrats here.

Which ones, LePen, Farage, Orban, the leaders of Lega, Golden Dawn, Jobbik, Vlaams B, PVV, AfD, FPÖ?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »

Which ones, LePen, Farage, Orban, the leaders of Lega, Golden Dawn, Jobbik, Vlaams B, PVV, AfD, FPÖ?

Mostly thinking le pen. Shes pro tariff, pro bank nationalization, pro "profits tax", pro monetizing debt, anti privatization, pro ag subsidies, anti nuclear energy, etc. Its not unusual for certain stripes of people on the left to want immigration controls. If le pen was a republican here she would never survive a primary unless she lived in some weird district that was only voting for the niche issue. Shes more George Wallace than George W Bush. Not saying shes a perfect fit for the democrats but I think that if someone with identical positions were to hold elected office here it would be as a democrat.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 09:41:57 AM »

Certainly the U.S. Greens are better suited to him than our own (which have kind of given the impression of being a leftier version of the Lib Dems since last June).
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 11:26:28 AM »

Mostly thinking le pen. Shes pro tariff, pro bank nationalization, pro "profits tax", pro monetizing debt, anti privatization, pro ag subsidies, anti nuclear energy, etc. Its not unusual for certain stripes of people on the left to want immigration controls. If le pen was a republican here she would never survive a primary unless she lived in some weird district that was only voting for the niche issue. Shes more George Wallace than George W Bush. Not saying shes a perfect fit for the democrats but I think that if someone with identical positions were to hold elected office here it would be as a democrat.

It's also not unusual for certain people on the right to support tariffs and farm subsidies. Le Pen would probably be closer to Trump than any modern elected Democrat, though she is obviously a very poor fit for either party.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 08:28:14 AM »

French (and overall European) New Right isn't exactly fond of fiscal conservatism and lassiez-faire, which doesn't make them left-wing.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 09:08:41 AM »

Just No.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 03:17:08 PM »

With regards to most "economic issues" most parties like PVV, FN, One Nation, UKIP and their ilk simply view it as unimportant window dressing compared to vital issues like mandatory pork in classrooms or whatever. They normally have a few populist elements recruited from all over the spectrum, but it all is a bit unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Even the most "economically right-wing" of the lot the Norwegian Progress Party, basically have as their economic policy "exactly the same welfare state you like, but we cut taxes and make up for it by using the oil revenue as a slush fund rather than save it up like losers". Which you might realise is the same policy of Hugo Chavez.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 03:44:43 PM »

UKIP has a very wide range of positions across the spectrum, some liberal, but no its ridiculous to say he would be a member of the Greens.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »

No, he'd be too left-wing for them. Theresa May would be a Green, Farage would be more... like.. CPUSA.
CPUSA endorsed Hillary Clinton. Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies