Policical Tribe quiz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:28:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Policical Tribe quiz
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Policical Tribe quiz  (Read 1148 times)
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2017, 05:54:45 AM »

A new projecrt on political ideologies has emerged among  over in Australia, which is the Political Persona Project. Based on trends within major cities in Australia, certain postcodes, local goverment areas, suburbs etc. are being put into tribal groups, which are named based on the type of people that are in that tribe, what they stand for, and so on. the 7 tribes are:

-Activist Egalitarian: have a strong social conscience and believe governments should intervene to make society more equitable. Strong believers in the redistribution of wealth and public investment, they are socially progressive, support climate action and want to protect Australian manufacturing.

-Progressive Cosmopolitan: Internationalist in outlook, they embrace multiculturalism and are politically engaged. They are very motivated by social issues such as climate action and the treatment of asylum seekers. While likely to be thought of as "left-wing", they differ from Activist Egalitarians by being less strongly concerned with the redistribution of wealth. They relish change and don't seek a return to the Australia of years gone by.

Ambitious saver: Focused on the future, These people are going places. They watch their spending, value financial security and like life to be organized and predictable. Career-minded strivers, Ambitious Savers are positive about the future and tend to be less concerned with hot-button social or political topics. They generally favor free trade and more likely to support individual freedoms over big government.

-Prudent Traditionalist: They share a lot of values with conservatives from days gone by. They believe the world is changing too quickly and would like a return to traditional social values, but aren't likely to fire up about the issues of the day. Unimpressed by luxury and not career-oriented, they are savers rather than spenders, reflecting their cautious approach to life more generally. They believe government should intervene to make people's lives safer and want offshore processing of asylum seekers to continue.

Lavish Mod-Con: Hey big spender. Lavish Mod-Cons (i.e. moderate conservatives) like to splash out on luxury and enjoy looking good. They're proud of their country and generally satisfied with the status quo, so don't tend to be hugely politically engaged. Wary of change, they lean towards conservatism and are less likely to support climate action or a change to offshore processing of asylum seekers. Focused on their careers and the finer things in life, they differ from Prudent Traditionalists by being less in favor of traditional social values and government intervention.

-Anti-Establishment Firebrand: Politicians interfere, don't listen and make things worse - and as a result, society has lost its way. So believe the Anti-establishment Firebrands, who are highly resistant of a "nanny state". They're strongly opposed to climate action and free trade and are skeptical of the benefits of immigration, instead favoring traditional values. They don't need life to be predictable or organized, and tend to care less about appearances than other groups.

-Disillusioned Pessimist: Disillusioned Pessimists despair about the direction of society and our country. They feel pessimistic about the future and let down by the community. Careful with money, they may not have much to spend but they are not campaigning for more wealth redistribution either. They are generally supportive of climate action but wary of opening Australia's doors too wide when it comes to trade and immigration. When it comes to government, they err on the side of personal responsibility over government intervention.

So, what tribe are you in? Take the Political Persona Project quiz and find out
LINK: http://www.smh.com.au/national/what-type-of-aussie-are-you-meet-the-7-new-political-tribes-20170203-gu57b2.html
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 07:25:28 AM »
« Edited: February 25, 2017, 04:19:46 PM by Alex »

Progressive Cosmopolitan

Internationalist in outlook, Progressive Cosmopolitans embrace multiculturalism and are politically engaged. They are very motivated by social issues such as climate action and the treatment of asylum seekers. While likely to be thought of as 'left-wing', they differ from Activist Egalitarians by being less strongly concerned with the redistribution of wealth. They relish change and don't seek a return to the Australia of years gone by.

Activist Egalitarian
Disillusioned Pessimist
Ambitious Saver (mostly because of a few pro-market answers)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 08:48:21 AM »

Anti Establishment Firebrand

Politicians interfere, don't listen and make things worse - and as a result, society has lost its way. So believe the Anti-establishment Firebrands, who are highly resistant of a 'nanny state'. They're strongly opposed to climate action and free trade and are sceptical of the benefits of immigration, instead favouring traditional values. They don't need life to be predictable or organised, and tend to care less about appearances than other groups.

reading the descriptions before taking the test I assumed I was a "ambitious saver" with a little anti-establishment thrown in, but saver barely showed up on my list.  Lavish Mod-con was a strong second place and the pessimist one was third.  Weird.

9and we're probably screwing up their results a good deal too!)
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 11:51:21 AM »

Politicians interfere, don't listen and make things worse - and as a result, society has lost its way. So believe the Anti-establishment Firebrands, who are highly resistant of a 'nanny state'. They're strongly opposed to climate action and free trade and are sceptical of the benefits of immigration, instead favouring traditional values. They don't need life to be predictable or organised, and tend to care less about appearances than other groups.

reading the descriptions before taking the test I assumed I was a "ambitious saver" with a little anti-establishment thrown in, but saver barely showed up on my list.  Lavish Mod-con was a strong second place and the pessimist one was third.  Weird.

Got the same result, and I agree with that last statement.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 12:32:27 PM »

Progressive Cosmopolitan

Internationalist in outlook, Progressive Cosmopolitans embrace multiculturalism and are politically engaged. They are very motivated by social issues such as climate action and the treatment of asylum seekers. While likely to be thought of as 'left-wing', they differ from Activist Egalitarians by being less strongly concerned with the redistribution of wealth. They relish change and don't seek a return to the Australia of years gone by.

All of the other bars look empty, but this is how they were ordered:

Lavish Mod-Con
Anti-Establishment Firebrand
Activist Egalitarian
Ambitious Saver
Disillusioned Pessimist
Prudent Traditionalist
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 01:11:55 PM »

Looks like I am a Progressive Cosmopolitan with a little Lavish Mod-Con and Ambitious Saver mixed in.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 01:32:45 PM »

Activist Egalitarian with a dash of Progressive Cosmopolitan and Disillusioned Pessimist thrown in.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 01:38:13 PM »

Disillusioned Pessimist
Activist Egalitarian
Anti-Establishment Firebrand

Prudent Traditionalist

with 0% on the other categories
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »

Activist Egalitiarian

"Activist Egalitarians have a strong social conscience and believe governments should intervene to make society more equitable. Strong believers in the redistribution of wealth and public investment, they are socially progressive, support climate action and want to protect Australian manufacturing."

Disillusioned Pessismist is a close second

Prudent Traditionalist (which I figured I would get originally) and AE Firebrand are next down the line...and nothing after that.

Funny, I got New Traditionalist on the Canadian one.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 09:33:48 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2017, 09:35:57 PM by Senator Scott »

Disillusioned Pessimist

Disillusioned Pessimists despair about the direction of society and our country. They feel pessimistic about the future and let down by the community. Careful with money, they may not have much to spend but nor are they campaigning for more wealth redistribution either. They are generally supportive of climate action but wary of opening Australia's doors too wide when it comes to trade and immigration. When it comes to government, they err on the side of personal responsibility over government intervention.

Disillusioned Pessimist
Activist Egalitarian
Ambitious Saver

I'm certainly a disillusioned pessimist, but this description isn't entirely accurate.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 10:05:39 PM »

1. Prudent Traditionalist
2. Anti-Establishment Firebrand
3. Disillusioned Pessimist

I got nothing for "Activist Egalitarian" and "Progressive Cosmopolitan".
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 07:25:56 PM »

1.Disillusioned Pessimist
2.Anti-Establishment Firebrand
3.Activist Egalitarian
4.Prudent Traditionalist
5.Ambitious Saver
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 07:38:55 PM »

The persona you most resemble is:

Disillusioned Pessimist
Disillusioned Pessimists despair about the direction of society and our country. They feel pessimistic about the future and let down by the community. Careful with money, they may not have much to spend but nor are they campaigning for more wealth redistribution either. They are generally supportive of climate action but wary of opening Australia's doors too wide when it comes to trade and immigration. When it comes to government, they err on the side of personal responsibility over government intervention.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 07:51:34 PM »

1. Progressive Cosmopolitan
2. Activist Egalitarian
3. Ambitious Saver

(nothing for the rest)

Not gonna lie, the Progressive Cosmopolitan avatar looks a lot like me, too, except I don't have piercings or tattoos...
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 08:25:45 PM »

1. Prudent Traditionalist (Shocking!)
2. Anti-Establishment Firebrand (the bar was only slightly smaller than #1)
3. Lavish Mod Con (Tiny bar but the only other one where the bar was visible)

Apparently my Australian self would be rather anti-establishment.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 09:32:28 PM »

1.  Ambitious Saver & Progressive Cosmopolitan

2. Activist Egalitarian

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 10:41:53 PM »

Progressive Cosmopolitan

(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 01:03:20 AM »

Got the same result, and I agree with that last statement.

-Same.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 10:35:48 AM »

Disillusioned Pessimist

Well some of that is certainly bullsh**t.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 12:15:34 AM »

1) Lavish Mod-Con
2) Ambitious Saver
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 12:50:14 AM »

Disillusioned Pessimist

Well some of that is certainly bullsh**t.
Remember, this is targeted at Australians.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 11:17:44 PM »

Activist Egalitarian, followed by Disillusioned Pessimist and Prudent Traditionalist. I said I was from Broken Hill and always voted Labor.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 11:39:48 PM »

1. Activist Egalitarisn
2. Progressive Cosmopolitan
3. Disillusioned Pessimist
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 05:20:53 PM »

Progressive Cosmopolitan.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 08:25:53 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2017, 07:51:57 AM by angus »

Progressive Cosmopolitan

I picked a postal code near the great barrier reef (Yarrawonga Village apartments, Townsville) because it wouldn't let me continue without some address, and I figured that somewhere near the reef would be my chosen spot if I were forced to live in Australia.  Also, I had to guess on some of the Australia-specific questions.  Otherwise, I tried to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies