Why did God say: Let us give Satan to mankind?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:51:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Why did God say: Let us give Satan to mankind?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Why did God say: Let us give Satan to mankind?  (Read 2748 times)
Greatest I am
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2017, 01:25:54 PM »

It would be better if our bodies gave us an itch instead of pain or suffering.
If we knew nothing worse than an itch, it would seem an agony to us.

Yes but an agony easily cured by scratching.

The easiest solution isn't always the best.

Regards

If the result is the same, yes it is.

Where did you learned your engineering.

I learned mine from engineers, not lawyers who know how to pad a bill.

Even lowly chimps know this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwwclyVYTkk

Regards
DL

What chimps don't know is that life is more than that box with the treat in front of them.  It also involves the people who brought the box.  If you want more treats, simply cutting to the chase for the immediately in sight goal might not be the best policy.

Engineering says that the less moves to any given system tends to improve performance of the whole. So to engineers, doing useless steps in not the best.

Chimps 1. Humans 0 in terms of out of the box thinking.

Regards
DL 
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »

Satan has traditionally described as a male in Jewish and Christian writing from the earliest times, though with innovation in this from time to time. In the late medieval period, iconography of the Fall in the adopted the practice of showing the serpent as appearing to Eve in the form of a woman.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.christianiconography.info/adamEve.html

I have seen nothing in the old myths that give Satan a gender at all. I do agree that the perception to most is to see Satan as a male, but that was not the way the ancients thought, from what I have read.

Can you link me up to what you say you have seen of Satan as a male?

Regards
DL
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2017, 03:02:26 PM »

Satan has traditionally described as a male in Jewish and Christian writing from the earliest times, though with innovation in this from time to time. In the late medieval period, iconography of the Fall in the adopted the practice of showing the serpent as appearing to Eve in the form of a woman.

I have seen nothing in the old myths that give Satan a gender at all. I do agree that the perception to most is to see Satan as a male, but that was not the way the ancients thought, from what I have read.

Regards
DL

Can you give me any source that says that "the ancients" thought of Satan as a female character?
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2017, 05:45:20 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2017, 05:49:37 PM by Greatest I am »

Regards
DL

Can you give me any source that says that "the ancients" thought of Satan as a female character?

I have spoken about Michelangelo's fall painting.

That is the oldest portrait that I have seen.

Some have said that Satan is portrayed as male but no one has any reference to offer.

This link shows that the ancients thought God to be indescribable or they followed the more ancient teachings of God being androgynous. This link does not say that last but looking at any of the older Eastern Gods show how androgynous most thought God to be.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Regards
DL

Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2017, 05:55:45 PM »

Regards
DL

I have spoken about Michelangelo's fall painting.

That is the oldest portrait that I have seen.

Some have said that Satan is portrayed as male but no one has any reference to offer.

This link shows that the ancients thought God to be indescribable or they followed the more ancient teachings of God being androgynous. This link does not say that last but looking at any of the older Eastern Gods show how androgynous most thought God to be.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Regards
DL

So you got nothing
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2017, 06:00:09 PM »

No, but that seems to be what you have.

Regards
DL
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook