All Academic Grades
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:23:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  All Academic Grades
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: All Academic Grades  (Read 3233 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2022, 05:36:26 PM »

I'm not going there entirely, since I've seen the entire spectrum. I was mostly a B/C High School and Middle School, not too much interesting there. But college, that's when things got crazy.

Highest

A+ (101%)
GER 201, GERMAN III
Junior Year, College (2014)

Lowest

F (59%)
BIO 228, HUMAN ANATOMY
Freshman Year, College (2011)

.  Still true, even accounting for Grad School since.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2022, 07:59:47 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2022, 08:09:23 PM by Laki »

I still know my last results out of my head from 11th and 12th grade (or would be known as such in the USA) combined in one result

Geography: 80
Cultural sciences: 75 (more like studying society, politics, media, basics of law and also art movements)
History: 72
Behavioral sciences: 66 (similar to psychology, pedagogy and related subjects)
Natural sciences: 52 (physics, chemistry & biology in one)
Maths: 49

French oral: 53
French writing: 59 (incl. listening, reading & writing)

English oral: 80
English writing: 60 (incl. listening, reading & writing)

Dutch oral: 50 (1/3rd discussing a book you've read (which i didn't), 1/3rd oratory & debating skills and 1/3rd i forgot what the theme was, probably something very random).
Dutch writing: 50 (native language, so a specific exam about some more complex & random stuff about the dutch language)

They definitely knew i didn't read the book, so i got 50/66 on the other two oral segments, probably debated well and saved myself with my oratory skills.

I passed everything, maths technically not but i was able to have 7 points in red for what were deemed as "b-subjects" and maths was one of them as it wasn't a core of the direction i studied in, which meant i was able to pass as long as i got 43 or higher. I think the 20/100 segment on statistics saved me, because i'm just horrible in maths and i have a good understanding of statistics in general, which is easier for me to understand, comprehend and apply to certain things.

Natural sciences, i felt like i messed up big, but somehow still passed it, i assume this is mainly due to biology, while i probably must've gotten almost nothing right on physics, and probably did well on theoretical questions but bad on questions where you have to apply your knowledge you learnt.

I studied something known as "human sciences". The subject I studied the longest for was ironically maths. And you can see why it was necessary.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2022, 08:20:54 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2022, 08:26:33 PM by Laki »

From elementary school, points were more complex, and i got from mid90s in first years to mid80s or lower 80s in latter years, which was about average or moderately good / slightly above average student, while among the best in my class early on.

I excelled in particular in spelling dutch words in elementary school, almost always the best of my class or my entire grade even.

I disliked swimming and it took till i was 10 or 11 yrs before i learnt swimming, so that was kind of the weakest.

Ironically, i did better early on in math & science-related subjects and weaker in language-related subjects. This pattern reversed in secondary school.

In secondary school, my best subjects weren't always the same. It hasn't been like the always same subject. I suppose it has been biology, geography and history often, maybe chemistry too? I even think it used to be french at some point. And dutch maybe also.

My weakest were early on english. I had a bad year at some point for biology class. Later on it used to be maths, unless we got statistics as the theme of the particular period in which it suddenly was my best. The lowest i've gotten was 14 in maths, the highest must've been in the 80s when it was statistics or very early on, in the first 2 years when i was still good in maths.

In latter secondary highschool years, english and maths if it wasn't statistics were my worst subjects, with natural sciences closely only narrowly ahead, esp. certain subjects like electronics meh. I was below average for english in my class. Little would i have known that that would change dramatically in my life (lol)..... while not even studying for it. I barely know how i suddenly improved over the years, but practical use and more exposure are two big factors.

I also improved dramatically in sports. I used to be about average, maybe even below average in sports, because i was bad in gymnastics and swimming, so I would say i was below average in elementary school, dramatically improved in secondary school, and i got above average or among the best in my class at times. If we discount swimming which i also improved dramatically on since i used to be the worst swimmer of my class (but wasn't the best of my class), i was in certain years the best of my class, in particular on running and endurance related subjects and maybe other athletic and team sports themes. That was weird to me, i also made like a u-turn for badminton, not being able to hit the plume into changing into best of my class again (and still am great in it).

In running contests we did with school i also improved notably in ranking (like against other schools), changing from average into maybe just below the most upper tier, and i also once ran on the flemish running championship for schools, being selected in the last year i've been on that school (which was grade 10).

Grade 11 and grade 12 were on different school and they didn't do those out-of-school activities but i continued to improve and was the best of my class in running in those two years (miles ahead of the other classmates) and was at a certain period great in running (esp. after i've left school, when i was like 18 to 21 yrs). Now i'm a bit weaker since i haven't been maintaining it that much, and probably because I also smoke.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2022, 06:40:44 AM »

High school = straight C's and D's.  lol.  Always truant.  But the reason I never failed and actually graduated is, well, because I'm an excellent test taker.  For whatever reasons. 

College = polar opposite experience.  Mostly A's, B's.  Graduated cum laude, upper third.  In my 3 years at my university, I literally skipped class like maybe two or three times...my senior year.  And that was because I had a work commitment during my internship.   
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2022, 05:01:40 PM »

Reposting from a few years ago

high school:

Freshman

Fall 2014
Intro to 3-D Art - 93% A
English 9 - 92% A-
Algebra I - 94% A
Earth Science - 85% B
Public Speaking - 96% A
Physical Education - 93% A
Sociology - 91% A-
Life and Social Skills - 86% B

Spring 2015
Intro to 3-D Art - 94% A
English 9 - 95% A
Algebra I - 97% A
Earth Science - 84% B
Public Speaking - 96% A
Physical Education - 95% A
Sociology - 86% B
Life and Social Skills - 93% A

Sophomore

Fall 2015
English 10 - 92% A-
US History - 100% A+
Geometry - 98% A+
Physical Education - 91% A-
Anatomy/Physiology - 98% A+
Spanish I - 96% A
Personal Financing - 93% A

Spring 2016
English 10 - 92% A-
US History - 102% A+
Geometry - 100% A+
Physical Education - 97% A
Anatomy/Physiology - 100% A+
Spanish I - 99% A+
Personal Financing - 92% A-

Junior

Fall 2016
American Literature - 73% C
Biology - 91% A-
Chemistry I - 95% A
Algebra II - 82% B-
Spanish II - 85% B
Photography - 82% B-

Spring 2017
Technical Theater J-Term - 92% A-
American Literature - 74% C
Biology - 80% B-
Chemistry I - 96% A
Algebra II - 68% D+
Spanish II - 87% B+
Church History - 71% C-

Senior

Fall 2017
Health - 86% B
World Literature - 92% A-
US Government - 89% B+
Pre-Calculus - 65% D
Chemistry II - 81% B-
Spanish III - 78% C+

Spring 2018
Christian Faith Journey - 77% C+
World Literature - 80% B-
Economics - 82% B-
Trigonometry - 69% D+
Chemistry II - 82% B-
Spanish III - 81% B-

Final GPA - 3.32
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2022, 09:04:02 PM »

Death in America: Probably an A-, unless I did really well on my final yesterday

I did do really well on that final and got an A in the class! Way to go, 3 years ago SWE!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies