What happens if Trump/Republicans keep winning while losing the PV? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:14:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  What happens if Trump/Republicans keep winning while losing the PV? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What happens if Trump/Republicans keep winning while losing the PV?  (Read 13354 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« on: October 05, 2017, 12:15:26 AM »

I don't see why people keep bringing up splitting up California. What would that achieve? It would impact the Senate, but have no impact on the presidency. Besides, Republicans could just split up Nebraska. It's pretty silly as a solution.

In my view, an undemocratic system is illegitimate. You can have a PV/outcome split once in a while, as in the UK and Australia, but when there are systemic factors affecting this and it is chronic, the system is no longer supported by popular sovereignty. The best thing states like California could do in situations like that is to simply declare independence.

I don't care about splitting up California or New York. As long as states with one or two congressional districts have to join each other or bigger states. The two extra senatorial votes keep messing up the whole Electoral College..
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies