New data suggests Hillary won white male/female millennials. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:58:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  New data suggests Hillary won white male/female millennials. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New data suggests Hillary won white male/female millennials.  (Read 12729 times)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 02, 2017, 12:40:34 AM »

As another poster said, 60% of high school kids disprove of Trump. I'd guess that's only slightly less than college students/20 somethings. You would think, given how generations often react against the one prior, that Gen Z would be far more supportive of Trump than they appear to be. Also remember that white males going for Trump isn't any surprise. White men will probably vote majority for Republicans in this country for the foreseeable future, if anyone will they will. I doubt the margin is as high as pre-millennial generations, though, and of course they're making up a smaller and smaller chunk of the population.

OK but you still have a statistically nonsensical theory in regards to the generation separation.

I mean I'm pretty close a generational cusp too, I'm a Millennial by just 1-3 years depending on your definition, so I interact a lot with the youngest Gen Xers and I don't have any serious cultural differences with them. Not to mention that they vote more like Millennials than Gen Xers in general do, for proof just look at the late 20s polls in the 2008 election or how college campuses voted in 2000. There wasn't an immediate jump from voting Republican to voting Democratic between Generation X and Millennials.

On a more serious note, pew research center shows that each generation has gotten more and more liberal starting with the silent generation onwards.

I still think that generation z is currently on the path towards being more conservative than millennials, but Trump could mess that all up.

Being more conservative than millennials isn't really saying much.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 12:44:37 AM »

Okay as a member of Generation Z  I think that we are definitely more conservatives then Millennials we hate sjw's safe spaces etc but from what i've seen most of us are Fiscally conservative and Socially liberal I think that our generation will like people in the center

Truly the most relevant and important issues of our time obviously. Especially in regards to presidential elections.

I was into the PC backlash thing around 2014/early 2015 but at this point it's just another form of PC. So people are annoying on Twitter whining about microagressions, get over it. There are way worse/more important things happening in the world right now. I've moved on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies