IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:09:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25
Author Topic: IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?  (Read 68369 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2018, 05:55:09 PM »

I am proud to have voted against both outsider businessmen in the 2016 election (republican Donald Trump and democrat Jim Barksadale)

I like my politicians to be actual politicians... granted Braun actually does have experience in a legislature, so he is acceptable.

*huffs this post* THIS....This is that GOOD Atlas.

Businessmen are thugs that exploit the workers!

True! So are most long term politicians!

My ideal congress is full of people from all sorts of backgrounds. Teachers, nurses, public defenders, soldiers, ect. A congress full of only "lawyers with political science degrees that served a few terms in some legislature" somewhere would be god awful.

Good thing that’s not the Congress we have!

...wait
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2018, 07:04:46 PM »

Republicans love swindlers now. Just look at our Republican President. This probably helps Braun.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2018, 10:39:36 AM »

I am proud to have voted against both outsider businessmen in the 2016 election (republican Donald Trump and democrat Jim Barksadale)

I like my politicians to be actual politicians... granted Braun actually does have experience in a legislature, so he is acceptable.

*huffs this post* THIS....This is that GOOD Atlas.

Businessmen are thugs that exploit the workers!

True! So are most long term politicians!

My ideal congress is full of people from all sorts of backgrounds. Teachers, nurses, public defenders, soldiers, ect. A congress full of only "lawyers with political science degrees that served a few terms in some legislature" somewhere would be god awful.

I'd agree with that provided the teachers, nurses, public defenders, soldiers, etc. could pass a civics test.

Actually that's not a bad requirement to have for anyone seeking public office. If you can't pass it, you have no business being on a ballot anyway.

I am in full agreement the number of lawyers regardless of what their party affiliation is should decrease.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2018, 09:38:09 AM »

I put this on Pence's influence on him as veep, but President Trump will visit Joe Donnelly's hometown of South Bend on Thursday, May 10th, 2 days after the primary in what is seen as a come-together party. Brian Howey: "if all 3 Senate candidates are not there, it will be ominous".

Voted yesterday. I pondered between Braun and Messer, but in the end voted for Braun. My wife voted earlier in the day and told me she voted for Messer.

So confirmed vote count so far including Bismarck's vote is:

Braun 2
Messer 1
Rokita 0
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2018, 09:55:18 AM »

I put this on Pence's influence on him as veep, but President Trump will visit Joe Donnelly's hometown of South Bend on Thursday, May 10th, 2 days after the primary in what is seen as a come-together party. Brian Howey: "if all 3 Senate candidates are not there, it will be ominous".

Voted yesterday. I pondered between Braun and Messer, but in the end voted for Braun. My wife voted earlier in the day and told me she voted for Messer.

Braun 2
Messer 1
Rokita 0
Rokita has lost too much ground, I don't think he'll be able to come back from this.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2018, 10:32:55 PM »

"Moderate reasonable flawless" Braun showed up to the Trump rally in Indiana today where Trump attacked O Donnelly

Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2018, 10:52:55 PM »

One of our D-IN avatars needs to change their username to "Really Incredible Swamp Person"
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2018, 11:30:30 PM »

Braun 2
Messer 1
Rokita 0

So did all 3 candidates show up?
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2018, 11:43:51 AM »

Rokita yes. Messer no.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2018, 07:33:20 PM »

"Moderate reasonable flawless" Braun showed up to the Drumpf rally in Indiana today where Drumpf attacked O Donnelly

How dare he not support torture! This is the new Republican tactic? The GOP really wants to be the party of torture? It's actually nothing new for them, but I still just hate our reality so much.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #310 on: May 24, 2018, 08:31:13 PM »

Not a lot of Indiana talk, eh?

The imbalance between the MO-GOP and IN-GOP has just become comical. A year ago McCaskill was definitely more vulnerable than Donnelly, but one state GOP has been decently competent and the other certainly has not. Braun is the only GOP challenger to any Dem Senator that I would consider an (exceedingly slight) favorite right now.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #311 on: May 26, 2018, 05:21:21 PM »

Not a lot of Indiana talk, eh?

The imbalance between the MO-GOP and IN-GOP has just become comical. A year ago McCaskill was definitely more vulnerable than Donnelly, but one state GOP has been decently competent and the other certainly has not. Braun is the only GOP challenger to any Dem Senator that I would consider an (exceedingly slight) favorite right now.

Indiana Republicans lucked out since they had a rich “some guy” to vote for as opposed to having to vote for one of their already elected officials.

Yeah, I'd say that the INGOP was so incompetent they completely removed themselves from the equation tbh.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #312 on: June 08, 2018, 09:12:36 PM »

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/gop-poll-donnelly-in-position-to-win-in-indiana

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #313 on: June 08, 2018, 09:19:10 PM »

If Donnelly pulls off a win, I find it hard to believe the GOP picks up any Senate seat in November.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #314 on: June 08, 2018, 10:35:35 PM »

Donelley will win in 2018 and Braun is overrated. Nobody cares about candidate quality as long as Trump is president
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #315 on: June 08, 2018, 10:38:39 PM »

I saw 50-42 at first and was like "ouch" thinking it was statewide; then I saw CD-3 and was like "nevermind".
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #316 on: June 08, 2018, 10:40:19 PM »

Is Roll Call Atlas now? When did it become acceptable to extrapolate statewide elections from <400 person house district polling, especially in a state with 9 districts.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #317 on: June 08, 2018, 10:41:40 PM »

Is Roll Call Atlas now? When did it become acceptable to extrapolate statewide elections from <400 person house district polling, especially in a state with 9 districts.

This coming from the guy who extrapolated that rain in NOVA would doom Northam
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #318 on: June 08, 2018, 11:17:15 PM »

If you’re seriously posing this question then I’m not sure why you hang out on political forums.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #319 on: June 08, 2018, 11:28:05 PM »

If you’re seriously posing this question then I’m not sure why you hang out on political forums.

That's the point. That extrapolation is totally expected and ostensibly common on political nerd forums. I don't think it should be written on and expounded by news organizations, however, because the practice is fraught with problems (political geographic coalitions can change in six years, n=400, etc.) Not to mention this Roll Call analysis was propagated by Enten and other dem favoring political gurus, who really should know better.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #320 on: June 09, 2018, 01:58:39 AM »

Suddenly Andrew wants to give rational analysis and consider the bigger picture when a poll shows good news for a Democrat, when we all know if it had Donnelly down 20 he'd be the first one declaring him doomed.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #321 on: June 09, 2018, 02:46:21 AM »

Suddenly Andrew wants to give rational analysis and consider the bigger picture when a poll shows good news for a Democrat, when we all know if it had Donnelly down 20 he'd be the first one declaring him doomed.

“Donnelly down by 20 in IN-03. This goes against the rising numbers in the GCB for Democrats.”
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #322 on: June 09, 2018, 08:02:32 PM »

If Donnelly pulls off a win, I find it hard to believe the GOP picks up any Senate seat in November.

His seat is a pretty good bellwether for the Senate elections.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #323 on: June 09, 2018, 08:08:55 PM »

His seat is a pretty good bellwether for the Senate elections.

Yes, and since Indiana polls close at 6 pm, a strong showing by either side would give us an early clue as to how things are likely to go nationally.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #324 on: June 09, 2018, 11:08:37 PM »

Donelley will win in 2018 and Braun is overrated. Nobody cares about candidate quality as long as Trump is president
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies