IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:46:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25
Author Topic: IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?  (Read 67869 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2017, 05:58:02 PM »
« edited: October 24, 2017, 06:01:57 PM by Castro »

Why would they wait so long to release the full results? Strange.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2017, 07:07:20 PM »

32% of people who'd heard of Donnelly seems like a bad result for his campaign.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »

32% of people who'd heard of Donnelly seems like a bad result for his campaign.

32/70. Which isn't bad because this is basically a generic poll. 47% of New Yorkers say they would vote to reelect Cuomo against an unnnamed opponent, but that number always goes up when an opponent is named

That's reasonable.

It's not clear to me in this article if respondents are only able to choose one candidate or if they can say there's a good chance they'd vote for more than one candidate. Either way, I look forward to the crosstabs on this.
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2017, 08:23:11 AM »

Another interesting factoid from that poll was Trump's approval rating here is 41/45. Definitely going down. Curious if that will pull down Messer/Rokita's numbers.
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2017, 09:22:20 PM »

FWIW, Donnelly has a primary challenger. His challenger, a veteran named Martin Del Rio, only has a website and a facebook page I believe. However, I haven't found any policy positions, and coincidentally the two things he vaguely mentioned (veteran issues and being bi-partisan) are two of Donnelly's strongest issues. Seems weird.

Overall, I'm not worried at all. He would be lucky to get 15%.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=6831246 (This is his personal page with his announcement video, he hasn't done anything on his campaign page yet)

http://www.martindelrio.com/
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2017, 12:12:19 AM »

This poll has been released, btw:

Holcomb approval: 51/13 (+38)
Trump approval: 41/45 (-4)
Pence approval: 50/37 (+13)

Joe Donnelly

25% Have heard of him/Good chance that I will vote for him
23% Have heard of him/Some chance that I will vote for him
16% Have heard of him/No chance that I will vote him
16% Have heard of him/ Don’t know if would vote for him
19% Have not heard of him

Luke Messer

8% Have heard of him/Good chance that I will vote for him
12% Have heard of him/Some chance that I will vote for him
9% Have heard of him/No chance that I will vote him
9% Have heard of him/ Don’t know if would vote for him
59% Have not heard of him

Todd Rokita

11% Have heard of him/Good chance that I will vote for him
9% Have heard of him/Some chance that I will vote for him
10% Have heard of him/No chance that I will vote him
9% Have heard of him/ Don’t know if would vote for him
60% Have not heard of him
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2017, 12:15:59 AM »

So Donnelly has about (with leaners) 48%? That's pretty good.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2017, 09:00:23 AM »

A few thoughts: 1) it's awful for Rokita that his name recognition is 41% and within the margin of error with Messer. The former was Secretary of State for 8 years in Indiana and should have a higher name recognition than he currently does. I still think the primary favors Messer. 2) Donnelly at 48 with leaners is a good sign for him, especially with only 16% conclusively saying they won't vote for him. 3) Holcomb is already safe R in 2020. Challenging him would be a suicide mission (hint, hint, Buttigeg. Don't run yet, wait for it to be open in '24).
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2017, 10:35:57 PM »

A few thoughts: 1) it's awful for Rokita that his name recognition is 41% and within the margin of error with Messer. The former was Secretary of State for 8 years in Indiana and should have a higher name recognition than he currently does. I still think the primary favors Messer. 2) Donnelly at 48 with leaners is a good sign for him, especially with only 16% conclusively saying they won't vote for him. 3) Holcomb is already safe R in 2020. Challenging him would be a suicide mission (hint, hint, Buttigeg. Don't run yet, wait for it to be open in '24).
Pete should definitely wait until 2024.  Assuming the GOP wins in 2020, 2024 will be a blue typhoon that will make 2008 look like child's play.  That would be Pete's time to shine.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2017, 08:28:56 PM »

Pete should definitely wait until 2024.  Assuming the GOP wins in 2020, 2024 will be a blue typhoon that will make 2008 look like child's play.  That would be Pete's time to shine.

I'm rooting for Suzanne Crouch in 2024, but it might be tough to hold that office for 24 years.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2017, 08:34:02 PM »

I'm rooting for Suzanne Crouch in 2024, but it might be tough to hold that office for 24 years.

Crouch would also be pushing 75 by 2024. Plus, as you mention, it'd be really hard to hold the governor's mansion for 2 1/2 decades
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2017, 08:36:17 PM »

Plus, as you mention, it'd be really hard to hold the governor's mansion for 2 1/2 decades

Here in South Dakota, if (more like when) Republicans win the 2018 election, it'll be 4 decades of their rule!
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2017, 09:54:30 PM »

Forgot to post this:

https://www.wthr.com/article/indiana-senate-candidate-mike-braun-fired-white-nationalist-aide
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2017, 10:16:23 PM »

A Republican pol with honesty and integrity when it comes to the new-gen Neo-Nazis? Goddamn. Yeah, Donnelly has easily the most to fear from Braun.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2017, 11:26:09 PM »

A Republican pol with honesty and integrity when it comes to the new-gen Neo-Nazis? Goddamn. Yeah, Donnelly has easily the most to fear from Braun.
I think, probably, Braun just hired some random guy who he didn't know was a White Nationalist, then fired him when he found out. Nothing wrong, but I will say he should probably start vetting his aides.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2017, 11:37:26 PM »

I think, probably, Braun just hired some random guy who he didn't know was a White Nationalist, then fired him when he found out. Nothing wrong, but I will say he should probably start vetting his aides.

Oh, that's likely, but my point is that Braun is the sort of principled candidate that Donnelly needs to fear - the type that won't depress turnout among any Republican bloc except the hardcore deplorables who actually like white nationalists.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2017, 11:42:50 PM »

Oh, that's likely, but my point is that Braun is the sort of principled candidate that Donnelly needs to fear - the type that won't depress turnout among any Republican bloc except the hardcore deplorables who actually like white nationalists.

You act as if rejecting white nationalism is a winning strategy in a GOP primary. Strange.

Edgy. Tongue But it is in Indiana, evidently. Pence aside, Indianans seem to prefer principled, mainstream conservatives like Young, Daniels, and Holcomb. It's why I highly doubt Rokita is going to be the nominee in any case (that and the fact that he's an aggressive asshole).
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2017, 11:46:22 PM »

You act as if rejecting white nationalism is a winning strategy in a GOP primary. Strange.

Edgy. Tongue But it is in Indiana, evidently. Pence aside, Indianans seem to prefer principled, mainstream conservatives like Young, Daniels, and Holcomb. It's why I highly doubt Rokita is going to be the nominee in any case (that and the fact that he's an aggressive asshole).

How silly of you. That means Rokita is the prohibitive favorite in the GOP primary.

Tell that to Marlin Stutzman.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2017, 04:04:01 PM »

Todd Rokita is introducing a bill in the House to imprison politicians that maintain sanctuary cities.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/04/after-steinle-verdict-rep-unveils-bill-to-imprison-officials-who-shelter-illegal-immigrants.amp.html
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2017, 04:07:05 PM »

What a nut.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »

Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2018, 10:55:40 PM »

I completely missed that End Citizens United endorsed Donnelly...

https://twitter.com/StopBigMoney/status/949411801233543169
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2018, 07:37:05 AM »

How silly of you. That means Rokita is the prohibitive favorite in the GOP primary.

Tell that to Richard Lugar.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2018, 08:57:23 AM »

Tell that to Richard Lugar.

Actually I think the memory of the lugar mourdock race helped Young in 2016, a lot of GOP primary voters realized they blew an easy win and didn’t want to repeat the mistake. I’m not sure if that will carry over into 2018, but there is a solid base of mainstream republicans that has retained more power in Indiana than in other states. Also as a side note, “Indianans” is incorrect and makes folks from here cringe. The correct term for a person from Indiana is a Hoosier.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2018, 02:33:52 PM »

Rokita and Braun accuse Messer of rigging a Senate straw poll.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/sfpathe/status/951513399363502081
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies