IN-SEN: Brains or Braun? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:52:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN: Brains or Braun? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-SEN: Brains or Braun?  (Read 68489 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: March 09, 2017, 06:17:39 PM »

Really, what the hell is so bad about Messer? He's way better than Lil' Marlin, and of the Indiana Republican Congressmen, he's the closest (personally) to Pence, who's VP. He should beat Donnelly, especially after all that happened last year.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 11:35:07 PM »

Really, what the hell is so bad about Messer? He's way better than Lil' Marlin, and of the Indiana Republican Congressmen, he's the closest (personally) to Pence, who's VP. He should beat Donnelly, especially after all that happened last year.

He strikes me as the typical condescending Republican who you can't help but dislike (a Rick Berg, if you will). I'm worried that he could be labeled "out of touch", especially against "good ol' Hoosier Joe Smiley".

But yeah, I agree that he will most likely beat Donnelly. Bayh's landslide loss (this is a man who won basically all of his previous elections with at least 60% of the vote) was completely unexpected and is not a good sign for Donnelly, to say the least.
Is this a joke? Donnelly was born and raised in Long Island. He didn't move to Indiana until his college years. Messer is a native Hoosier and lifelong Indiana resident. Also he's Pence's BFF in the House so Pence would be way more fired up to help him as opposed to say, Lil' Marlin or Tennessee Trey.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 12:24:47 PM »

Anonymous Senator in a state that favors the other party who only won because his opponent in his first race imploded and who we're told shouldn't be underestimated because he's a moderate and he's likely to face a mediocre opponent. Sounds familiar...

....I don't think I follow. Pryor? Blanche? Um... Begich? Udall? Kirk? Help me out here plz
I'm not too sure, but I can try to help you: It sounds like he's talking about a male Senator (his, he) who served only one term. Udall is far from a moderate and if anything, Colorado favors Democrats.
I think he's talking about Begich.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 12:57:10 PM »

Anonymous Senator in a state that favors the other party who only won because his opponent in his first race imploded and who we're told shouldn't be underestimated because he's a moderate and he's likely to face a mediocre opponent. Sounds familiar...

....I don't think I follow. Pryor? Blanche? Um... Begich? Udall? Kirk? Help me out here plz
I'm not too sure, but I can try to help you: It sounds like he's talking about a male Senator (his, he) who served only one term. Udall is far from a moderate and if anything, Colorado favors Democrats.
I think he's talking about Begich.

Using Begich to argue that Donnelly will lose is pretty silly, considering that Begich came close to winning in a very Republican year.

I wasn't talking about Begich but rather about the former Senator from the state that neighbors Indiana. Tongue I'm not saying Donnelly will lose that badly, though, I just think there are some interesting similarities here.
I wouldn't necessarily say Duckworth was a mediocre opponent, not quite sure who would actually be considered "stronger" to be honest.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 01:01:55 PM »

^^Cheri Bustos? Lisa Madigan? I remember a lot of Democrats worrying in 2014/15 that Duckworth might blow it.
Forgot about Bustos LOL. I think she would have been the strongest. Lisa Madigan has the unfortunate last name, but still would have won.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 10:18:42 PM »

Does anyone else get the sense Messer may get cold feet and decide not to run? He was supposed to decide by May, and now it is almost August and we haven't heard anything. Messer is young and could rise up in House leadership, and would definitely win reelection. He may want to avoid a tough primary with Rokita (especially considering the whole Messer residency issue) and a close general election against Donnelly in a Trump midterm. While Messer could still run, maybe he will come to the same conclusion as Ann Wagner in Missouri and decide it's not worth it. That's just something I thought of, Messer very well may still run for Senate for all I know
He could still enter, but at this point, it is very likely he goes Ann Wagner and says no. In addition to the residency issue and a tough primary, you have to remember, as noted before, that he's very well positioned in the House: Unlike Wagner, he has a VERY safe district that wont be targeted, and he's near the top of leadership, with a very plausible path to the speakership.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 03:23:12 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2017, 05:41:29 PM by Heisenberg »

Braun launches a Super PAC.
And will resign from the State House to focus on his campaign.

Edit: Fixed broken link.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 11:26:09 PM »

A Republican pol with honesty and integrity when it comes to the new-gen Neo-Nazis? Goddamn. Yeah, Donnelly has easily the most to fear from Braun.
I think, probably, Braun just hired some random guy who he didn't know was a White Nationalist, then fired him when he found out. Nothing wrong, but I will say he should probably start vetting his aides.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 12:31:55 AM »

Yeah I think Braun would beat Donnelly by around 2, whereas Donnelly beats Messer by 3 and Rotika by 6
This. Completely agree. Braun is by far the strongest candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies