Bulgarian Parliamentary Election, 26 March 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:34:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Bulgarian Parliamentary Election, 26 March 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bulgarian Parliamentary Election, 26 March 2017  (Read 7744 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: March 12, 2017, 12:14:49 PM »

Thanks, Beagle, extremely interesting! Yaaaas Queen Bulgaria sounds great to me.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 10:15:31 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2017, 10:27:06 AM by DavidB. »

This is bound to be ideologically incoherent, but where do I stand? And what is the first party ("Movement for Radical Change Bulgarian Spring?") like? Disappointing to see Yes Bulgaria this low, but unsurprising.

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 05:40:46 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2017, 07:49:55 PM by DavidB. »

Thanks for your elaborate explanation! That's fascinating, definitely not what I expected... I only skipped one question, the last one. Took it again to see if something had gone wrong but got a result that was almost exactly the same, but with DROM in second place... Huh Tongue Bulgarian Spring definitely doesn't sound like it's for me. Don't mind a party being very left-wing economically in Bulgaria, but anti-Americanism/anti-NATO views are a no-go and I'd like it to be relatively socially liberal too.

These were my results for the other test, quite different -- though apparently still terrible parties on top of the list... Not much overlap with any party at all. I don't understand why it says I focus on "stabilnost" rather than reform when I "support" (strange to say for a country whose politics I barely know, but you know what I mean) pretty radical anti-corruption measures and higher taxes... but maybe it has to do with my disapproval of implementing a single-member district system.

This exercise has made Bulgarian politics seem even more complicated to me than it did before, haha. However, tests like these simply cannot capture the importance of personalism and personal interests. This isn't too much of an impediment to their usefulness in countries where politicial parties are ideological, but it is much more problematic in countries like Bulgaria where most parties appear to revolve around personalism, clientelism, and personal interests -- and then there's the ethnic identity factor too, since no ethnic Bulgarian is going to vote for a Turkish or Roma party.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 05:13:11 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2017, 05:15:37 PM by DavidB. »

A Bulgarian acquaintance of mine voted RB because "GERB is too pro-Turkish" (in international politics) and said "the Bulgarian left is pro-Russia, the Bulgarian right is pro-Turkish." To what extent would you say there is a meaningful difference between RB and GERB in this regard, and would you say the second characterization is broadly correct?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 01:45:29 PM »

Is there any interest in the crosstabs of the exit-polls (the breakdown in education, age and ethnicity)?
Yes!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 08:12:42 AM »

Thanks for your answers, Beagle!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies