Fantastic review of BBC Question Time and the state of British youth.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:59:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Fantastic review of BBC Question Time and the state of British youth.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fantastic review of BBC Question Time and the state of British youth.  (Read 703 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2005, 02:47:13 PM »

I agree with his opinion; this edition was as perverse in it's reasoning as the one after 9/11

More snippets

'And it’s no surprise that it’s the activist student and early-20-something demographic that gets disproportionate airtime. They are the ones with arms arrow-straight in the air for the full 60 minutes, desperately seeking an outlet for the moral certitude that will otherwise consume them. A rectitude inversely proportional to their knowledge. You know, it’s nothing to be remotely proud of, but I’ve yet to hear an argument from this clique that I couldn’t destroy in a thrice in a forum that allowed for cross-examination of their unintelligent and unintelligible positions. I’ve spent the last couple of years confronting our future leaders of industry and tomorrow’s political elite as they parade through Cambridge market square in orange boiler suits, whilst fellow-students Cassandra and Abigail blow whistles and the token ethnic hands out leaflets so banal, so lame and just so utterly, utterly wrong, that the world famous alumni, with more Nobel Prizes between them than any other institution, are likely so embarrassed by the association that they must wish they’d gone to Trent Polytechnic.'

http://hurryupharry.bloghouse.net/archives/2005/07/29/that_huw_edwards_is_a_nice_man.php

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 03:05:26 PM »

Excellent piece (Harry's Place has a lot of those). The sort of hackitivists mention in article piss me off soooooooooooo much...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies