Does the Left now support racism, fundamentalism and imperialism?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:16:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Does the Left now support racism, fundamentalism and imperialism?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

Of Course

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Does the Left now support racism, fundamentalism and imperialism?  (Read 6471 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2017, 08:35:44 AM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2017, 11:30:57 AM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 09:26:37 PM »

This is dumb.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2017, 12:49:48 PM »

I find it fascinating how divisive of a candidate Gabbard is within the Democratic Party.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2017, 10:18:18 PM »

No.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2017, 09:09:26 AM »

Not sure how this became a thread on Tulsi Gabbard, but I thought these two lines from Wikipedia were relevant to the discussion:

In October 2016, the Southern Poverty Law Center accused Ayaan, and the liberal Muslim reformer Maajid Nawaz, of being "anti-Muslim extremists", which caused protests in several prominent newspapers. The Lantos Foundation for Human Rights & Justice has written a public letter to the SPLC to retract the listings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayaan_Hirsi_Ali
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2017, 12:16:25 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2017, 12:18:54 PM by Çråbçæk »

Nawaz is good, if a bit of an egotist. (Even the splc was hilariously vague about why they put him on the list)

Ali however is another matter. Classic example of identity politics by the right: 'omg you can't accuse x of being wrong because she is brown etc'. Never mind the fact she is a notorious liar. Probably wrong to put on the list, but definitely a suspicious character (the same as her compatriot on the left Sarsour). Also how weird is it she is married to Niall Ferguson lol.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 04:15:30 PM »

Not sure how this became a thread on Tulsi Gabbard, but I thought these two lines from Wikipedia were relevant to the discussion:

In October 2016, the Southern Poverty Law Center accused Ayaan, and the liberal Muslim reformer Maajid Nawaz, of being "anti-Muslim extremists", which caused protests in several prominent newspapers. The Lantos Foundation for Human Rights & Justice has written a public letter to the SPLC to retract the listings.

The SPLC has tended to be a little more political and less objective with their standards in the past year or two.

It's similar to the lack of objectivity of fact checking sites like Snopes and Politifact which have their own failings but are often used as the prime source to debunk items.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2022, 08:18:10 PM »

Man Tulsi Gabbard is totally the leader of the left, right?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2022, 11:00:53 AM »

It's genuinely amazing how people keep falling for the same grift over and over. Jimmy Dore, Glen Greenwald, now Tulsi... "Look at me, I'm so edgy and #Populist Purple heart I'm siding with fascists to own the libs!" How many times to they get to pull that sh*t before people get tired of it?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2022, 11:14:55 AM »

It's genuinely amazing how people keep falling for the same grift over and over. Jimmy Dore, Glen Greenwald, now Tulsi... "Look at me, I'm so edgy and #Populist Purple heart I'm siding with fascists to own the libs!" How many times to they get to pull that sh*t before people get tired of it?
Do people really fall for that though? The ratio of discourse I see attacking those people to support of them is like 20:1, most of the support not from the left. The zero chance sacrificial lamb candidate for State Senate in my district has retweeted Greenwald. And we all saw how successful Gabbard was with D voters.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2022, 11:22:28 AM »

Do people really fall for that though? The ratio of discourse I see attacking those people to support of them is like 20:1, most of the support not from the left. The zero chance sacrificial lamb candidate for State Senate in my district has retweeted Greenwald. And we all saw how successful Gabbard was with D voters.

Anecdotally, there definitely seems to be a type of anti-establishment leftist who was pro-Bernie in 2016 and maybe even in 2020 but drifted to the far-right since. Those people are probably overrepresented online and they're probably a marginal demographic IRL, but the fact that they exist at all is still kinda depressing.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2022, 06:01:23 PM »

The left has always hated black people. Obama brought slavery back to libya
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2022, 06:12:47 PM »

The left has always hated black people. Obama brought slavery back to libya

LOL. The Democratic party is verging on ANC level black empowerment politics. The only racism the American left has is towards whites.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2022, 09:36:25 AM »

The SPLC has tended to be a little more political and less objective with their standards in the past year or two.

It's similar to the lack of objectivity of fact checking sites like Snopes and Politifact which have their own failings but are often used as the prime source to debunk items.

How is being political a sign of lacking objectivity? There’s a difference between truth and neutrality. The “view from nowhere” is for the most part, a pernicious myth.
YoshiyaDayan
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.94, S: 6.87

P
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2023, 12:15:52 PM »

Yes, the left is a communist, elitist, globalist ideology that is tied to China.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies