Gateway of the Dave
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:58:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Gateway of the Dave
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gateway of the Dave  (Read 938 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2017, 03:20:13 PM »

In 2017, a team of deeply pious moderators conducted a radical experiment on a hidden subboard. The mods had theorized that a poster without access to any senses or ways to perceive stimuli would be able to perceive the presence of Dave.

They believed that the five senses clouded our awareness of eternity, and without them, a human could actually establish contact with Dave by thought. An elderly poster who claimed to have “nothing left to live for” was the only test subject to volunteer. To purge him of all his senses, the mods performed a complex operation in which every sensory nerve connection to the brain was surgically severed. Although the test subject retained full muscular function, he could not see, hear, taste, smell, or feel. With no possible way to communicate with or even sense the outside world, he was alone with his thoughts.

Mods monitored him as he spoke aloud about his state of mind in jumbled, slurred sentences that he couldn’t even hear. After four days, the man claimed to be hearing hushed, unintelligible voices in his head. Assuming it was an onset of psychosis, the scientists paid little attention to the man’s concerns.

Two days later, the man cried that he could hear his banned buddy speaking with him, and even more, he could communicate back. The mods were intrigued, but were not convinced until the subject started naming dead relatives of the mods. He repeated personal information to the mods that only their dead spouses and parents would have known. At this point, a sizable portion of mods left the subboard.

After a week of conversing with the deceased through his thoughts, the poster became distressed, saying the voices were overwhelming. In every waking moment, his consciousness was bombarded by hundreds of voices that refused to leave him alone. He frequently threw himself against the wall, trying to elicit a pain response. He begged the mods for temporary ban, so he could escape the voices by being off-line. This tactic worked for three days, until he started having severe RL terrors. The subject repeatedly said that he could see and hear the deceased in his dreams.

Only a day later, the subject began to scream and claw at his non-functional eyes, hoping to sense something in the physical world. The hysterical subject now said the voices of the dead were deafening and hostile, speaking of hell and the end of the world. At one point, he yelled “No heaven, no forgiveness” for five hours straight. He continually begged to be killed, but the mods were convinced that he was close to establishing contact with Dave

After another day, the subject could no longer form coherent sentences. Seemingly mad, he started to bite off chunks of flesh from his arm. The mods rushed into the test subboard and restrained him to a table so he could not kill himself. After a few hours of being tied down, the subject halted his struggling and screaming. He stared blankly at the ceiling as teardrops silently streaked across his face. For two weeks, the subject had to be manually rehydrated due to the constant crying. Eventually, he turned his head and, despite his blindness, made focused eye contact with a mod for the first time in the study.

He whispered “I have spoken with Dave, and He has abandoned us” and his account deleted.

There was no apparent cause of deletion.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »

I think it's very appropriate that you posted this at 4:20 Eastern Time
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 04:04:37 PM »

RIP Grumps, died for a good cause. Cry

(although, while he was at it, he could have asked Dave who deleted the French election thread)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 04:08:57 PM »

(although, while he was at it, he could have asked Dave who deleted the French election thread)

Unfortunately, my colleagues were more concerned with asking Dave to take away Mr. Morden's moderator powers than asking about this Sad
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 07:52:52 PM »

Unfortunately, my colleagues were more concerned with asking Dave to take away Mr. Morden's moderator powers than asking about this Sad

You do realize that Dave is a myth, don't you?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 09:25:25 AM »

I'm a deist on this. Dave exists or, at the very least, existed at some point and made this forum. Then, he decided he just doesn't give a flip and have better things to do than attend to the local losers.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 12:50:54 PM »

I'm a deist on this. Dave exists or, at the very least, existed at some point and made this forum. Then, he decided he just doesn't give a flip and have better things to do than attend to the local losers.

Interesting story. I can cut through it like:
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 01:28:22 PM »

I think it's very appropriate that you posted this at 4:20 Eastern Time
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 06:28:50 PM »

Bunch of heathens. Dave is real, He has a plan, and He will return in due time to judge us all, punish the trolls with permabans, and reward good posters with an eternity of beautiful precinct-level election maps.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 07:09:27 PM »

Is this a one-shot? Because I thought this was one of your more fascinating works on Forum Community.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 04:21:15 AM »

Is this a one-shot? Because I thought this was one of your more fascinating works on Forum Community.

It's a modified creepypasta, actually. I'm hardly that brilliant.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 12:48:13 PM »

Oh, now I feel like I just insulted you.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 01:22:32 PM »

Oh, now I feel like I just insulted you.

I feel honored Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 11:58:46 AM »

Bunch of heathens. Dave is real, He has a plan, and He will return in due time to judge us all, punish the trolls with permabans, and reward good posters with an eternity of beautiful precinct-level election maps.

I wish! We haven't permabanned anybody (other than socks/spammers) since I assumed the mantle. It's boring Sad

Hey, we took out some spammer on the first day. Also Melior. Tongue
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »

SCP could use this.

We all know, however, that Dave is a collective consciousness of Massachusetts State legislators from the late 80's to the mid 90's.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 02:07:38 PM »

Or maybe Dave is like one of Neil Gaiman's American Gods? He exists because we created him with our belief in him?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies