The Civic Democratic Party of Atlasia (closed, sorry for wasting time)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:28:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Civic Democratic Party of Atlasia (closed, sorry for wasting time)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Civic Democratic Party of Atlasia (closed, sorry for wasting time)  (Read 1837 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2017, 09:29:59 PM »
« edited: March 21, 2017, 01:18:01 PM by President dfwlibertylover »

My friends! I have loved being in the Federalist Party, but since I became President (and honestly before that), there have been a lot of ideological splits and personal splits within the party. I have decided to create a new Center-Center Right party! This party will advocate for compromise between the two major parties on the issues that matter most to us Atlasians and will strive for a better Atlasia!

Members (as of March 20th, 2017):
President dfwlibertylover

Official Party Color - Purple

Sign in below!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 09:34:21 PM »

Sounds interesting, and maybe I'd consider joining if it had more of a libertarian flare, but I'm happy in the Feds and will stay here.

Still, good luck!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 09:34:51 PM »

This'll be fun...
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:45:51 PM »

This is going to be interesting to watch. Good luck!
Rjjr77
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 10:46:02 PM »

My friends! I have loved being in the Federalist Party, but since I became President (and honestly before that), there have been a lot of ideological splits and personal splits within the party. I have decided to create a new Center-Center Right party! This party will advocate for compromise between the two major parties on the issues that matter most to us Atlasians and will strive for a better Atlasia!

Members (as of March 20th, 2017):
President dfwlibertylover

Official Party Color - Purple

Sign in below!
I'm new, some sort of general platform of ideas, even if not official would be intriguing
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 10:48:00 PM »

I'm interested, what are some key differences between this and the Federalists?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 10:50:18 PM »

In general, the main differences are that we tend to make a more moderate approach (and less hard-line approach) on economic and social issues. For example, our party will tend to support tax cuts and regulation cuts, but also strive for healthcare reform and the rebuilding of our nation's infrastructure. I believe that the party will lean towards a more non-interventionist foreign policy approach (although this likely won't be an official platform) and will tend to be pro-life on abortion related issues.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 10:52:29 PM »

x Türkisblau

I am sympathetic to this movement, but will remain a member of the Mazdakist League.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 11:03:21 PM »

In general, the main differences are that we tend to make a more moderate approach (and less hard-line approach) on economic and social issues. For example, our party will tend to support tax cuts and regulation cuts, but also strive for healthcare reform and the rebuilding of our nation's infrastructure. I believe that the party will lean towards a more non-interventionist foreign policy approach (although this likely won't be an official platform) and will tend to be pro-life on abortion related issues.
So, a Christian Democratic party, more or less? It should be interesting to see this play out; best of luck!
Rjjr77
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »

I appreciate the quick and thoughtful response. I've decided to remain federalist at this current juncture as I believe it allows for the best chance at reforming the Lincoln government, but will consider your candidates in future federal elections.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 11:09:19 PM »

Sounds pretty similar to us, but okay Tongue
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 11:50:05 PM »

What is the difference between this and united alternative?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 11:53:45 PM »

A better political machine and the will to really fight for compromise as you could see in my minimum wage bill and in my Presidential Campaign. I will admit I was hoping for a UA-Fed merger, but it's honestly not worth it at this point with the splits.
diptheriadan

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 11:55:19 PM »

It actually has a coherent ideology, unlike the UA.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 07:01:29 AM »

This party honestly aligns with my views quite a bit. I wish you luck, my friend.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 10:01:49 AM »

Aye, especially in the next Presidential election (assuming dfw runs for re-election).
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 11:58:06 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2017, 12:39:33 PM by Goldwater »

FFS, when have the Federalists ever taken a hard-line approach to economic and social issues.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 12:33:58 PM »

Interesting. It aligns with many things i believe in.

Mr. President, you say the party will be more open in social issues. In which social issues does the new party diverge from the federalists? And also, on healthcare, will the Civic Democratic Party be more open to a public healthcare service?

Thank you.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 12:55:43 PM »

Interesting. It aligns with many things i believe in.

Mr. President, you say the party will be more open in social issues. In which social issues does the new party diverge from the federalists? And also, on healthcare, will the Civic Democratic Party be more open to a public healthcare service?

Thank you.
In terms of gay marriage I would suggest that our official platform would officially indicate that it should be legal (although I'm aware and do realize that many federalists pushed its legalization), yes I believe in healthcare reform, as for single payer healthcare that is something we will explore together!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 01:17:33 PM »

You know what, this isn't going to work, I am sorry for wasting everyone's time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies