The Virginia Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of High-Quality Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:10:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Virginia Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of High-Quality Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Virginia Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of High-Quality Posts  (Read 113846 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 08, 2018, 02:30:52 AM »

A divergence in gains between House and Senate is something I have noted the possibility of for a while simply based on the fact that the GOP has 5 Dem seats that are so far up the PVI ladder and the possibility for swings to be uneven across groups based on education and other demographic factors.

This makes it very  for Republicans to hold TN, and win IN, MO and ND (with outside longshots in WV and MT) and then barely hold TX etc, even while losing the popular vote for House and Senate by double digits.

Is it likely to happen, probably not. But I think there is a strong possibility of a GOP net gain in the Senate while losing the House majority.

This was written over 12 hours before any of the polls closed. Wow.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 09:39:43 PM »

Bullock is a fantastic primary candidate but Neil Abercrombie is just a bit too strong. I don't like Abercrombie but will be supporting him in the primary because I always vote for winners.

He will place second fourth in the primary to Neil Abercrombie, Parker Griffith, and Kamala Harris.

I’m curious to see who Democratic 2020 nominee Neil Abercrombie picks as his VP. I’m thinking either Gary Peters to shore up Michigan or Henry Cuellar to shore up Texas.

That's a good question. I'm not sure who he has in mind, but I think that either Heath Shuler or Mike McIntyre would be an extremely strong choice to shore up North Carolina and to make Abercrombie more competitive across the rest of the South, including Georgia and Florida. Tammy Duckworth could also be good to appeal to Midwesterners and veterans, as could Mikie Sherrill if Abercrombie wants to boost his margins in the suburbs. Betsy Markey and Xochitl Torres Small are also potential dark horse choices if he wants to pursue a Western strategy; that is, appealing to Arizona, Texas, and Kansas, while running up massive margins in New Mexico, Colorado, and Nevada.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 08:55:35 PM »

The sign of a truly great political analyst is the ability to think outside conventional wisdom.

At this time in 2014, if you or I had told a room of prognosticators that in four years Donald Trump would be President, Alabama would have a pro-choice liberal senator, and Rick Scott would unseat a popular three-term senator off high approval ratings and winning over Hispanics, we would have been laughed out of the room. Politics is a field in which the unexpected becomes the norm in a single moment, and anything can happen. What's stopping Michael Bennet from being our next President? What's stopping Jim Costa from running? What's stopping Phil Batt from launching a primary challenge to Trump?

The answer, of course, is that all of these things could happen. I'm sorry that your mind is so closed that you can't accept opinions different from yours, but when we get President Michael Bennet on January 20, 2021, or when Parker Griffith announces his Presidential campaign, we'll see who gets the last laugh.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 10:08:22 PM »

The fine upstanding contributions on us election atlas dot org must be maintained. Thank you for granting enough of your time to speak to me sensei.
You have nearly 4000 posts on this site lmao

And every single one of those posts have brought great pleasure to my life. My grandma has been struggling with lung cancer that has gotten progressively worse. I recently showed her over one hundred of Technocracy Timmy's Atlas posts and she started suddenly getting better. Just the other day I showed my grandma one of Timmy's selfies and she did a backflip for the first time in 20 years. Timmy's Atlas posts have healing properties and it disturbs me to see so many neanderthals flinging poop at such an upstanding gentleman. 
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 02:17:15 PM »

Saying that gay marriage should be legal and voting for a gay person to be President are two different things. Plenty of people don't care if two gay people get married, but they would care if a gay person becomes President, especially if the campaign is framed around that. Gay men are viewed as being weak by many people and a lot of people would factor that stereotype into their voting decision. Like it or not, there are plenty of voters who would see a gay President would be weak and not up to the task. Some believe the same thing about a woman President.

The point about minority voters is quite valid. African-Americans in particular are quite religious and hyper masculine at that. Even a lot of women believe that men should act and be a certain way. If that impacts turnout in Detroit, Milwaukee and Philadelphia, there will be a problem. And you can believe the Republican operatives would play on those views to keep black voters home. With Hispanics you have a heavy Catholic influence and the same hyper masculine views.
The sheltered white male posters of Atlas think every marginalized group is interchangeable. X got elected so Y and Z will be too. A black candidate is not a gay candidate is not a Muslim candidate is not a woman candidate. Diversity is not interchangeable. Pointing to Obama’s name does not make a point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies