Bill Clinton's third term
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:59:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bill Clinton's third term
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
Author Topic: Bill Clinton's third term  (Read 49883 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2017, 09:12:20 AM »

Amazing timeline. Well written. Keep it going. I'm curious how Clinton will handle 9/11 and its aftermath.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2017, 01:38:35 AM »

I look forward to seeing Trump's reaction to 9/11. I wonder what he will say about Muslims in this alternate timeline.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2017, 02:51:54 AM »

Great TL, just one nitpick- Trump seems way too knowledgeable and articulate here.

trump i believe was more knowledgeable and articulate then, it seems like for the past 10 years his speaking ability has diminished 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2017, 03:02:47 AM »

Photos from Clinton tour in first 8 days:

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2017, 03:08:38 AM »

Polls after first 8 days Sad

Opinion of American - Indian Trade Deal

Approve : 49%
Disapprove: 36%
Undecided : 15%

Bill Clinton Approval :

Approve 54(+4% since previous week)
Disapprove 43%(-5% since previous week)
No Opinion  3%

Analysis: Clinton was really able to reverse his declining poll numbers by going to each of these states and speak about how this trade deal will help each of their states.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2017, 09:54:46 PM »

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2017, 05:44:16 AM »

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2017, 05:48:44 AM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2017, 03:03:11 AM »

This will be back by Thursday Night/Friday Morning

Sorry have been busy for past week but it will be back soon
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2017, 06:48:37 AM »

This will be back by Thursday Night/Friday Morning

Sorry have been busy for past week but it will be back soon

Look forward to it!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2017, 03:57:13 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2017, 04:00:12 AM by Old School Republican »

Tom Brokaw: If you are just coming in , we have extremely tragic news to report to you today, terrorists today have hijacked airplanes and rammed it into the the World Trade Center and Pentagon. These attacks sadly will likely have resulted in more fatalities then any day in American history since that terrible day in Antietam back in 1862 and maybe even worse then that. Our thoughts and prayers go to the people in New York and DC and we hope we as a country help the families in those cities can get through this tragedy . Ok now to head to one of NBC news correspondents who has gotten word that President Clinton has already taken action in response to these attacks

NBC news correspondent :We have  gotten word that President Clinton has ordered all scheduled planes to be delayed indefinitely and any plane currently in the air to land within the next 30 minutes, or face consequences . The President has cancelled his trade deal tour and is currently in Air Force One, but where exactly is, or when he will return to Washington is unknown. We also are getting word that President Clinton is planning on signing 2-3 more executive orders as soon as he returns to DC , to help deal with the aftermath with this crises.

Brokaw: Ok now to head to New York Mayor Giuliani , who is giving a statement right now

Guiliani: Today was a tragic day for not only us in New York but all of America as well. I talked to President Clinton a some time ago and he told me that he is ready to help our city rebuild , as well as catch the people responsible for this and bring them to justice. I want to thank President Clinton , for his words and I can only hope that he brings these terrorists to justice. Currently though, I have ordered all schools to be closed for at least the next 2 days, and most public places to be closed tomorrow .  

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2017, 04:16:08 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2017, 12:01:37 PM by Old School Republican »

President Clinton schedule today:

8 AM ET- Morning jog
9 AM ET : President Clinton delays speech after apparent accident in New York
9:40 AM ET: President Clinton has been rushed to AF1 after its confirmed today's attacks were caused by terrorists , and cancelled all the rest of his speeches

Since then we dont know what has happened

Now for the reaction of Donald Trump:

Trump: Today is a real sad day, real sad. I hope that many people can be saved, and I hope that we get back at the terrible people who did this . I also hope that we can rebuild the towers so we can send a message to people who hate our country we are stronger then you and you will not accomplish your goals.Its sad times and I hope that we can come together and get through this tragedy.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2017, 07:35:49 AM »

8 AM ET- Fred Meyer
9:40 AM ET: President Clinton has been rushed to AF1 after its confirmed today's attacks were caused by terrorists , and cancelled all the rest of his speeches

Trump: Today is a real sad day, real sad. I hope that many people can be saved, and I hope that we get back at the terrible people who did this . I also hope that we can rebuild the towers so we can send a message to people who hate our country we are stronger then you and you will not accomplish your goals.Its sad times and I hope that we can come together and get through this tragedy.

Call me crazy, but did you mind putting Trump here for a later, more political purpose, or did you just do this since it's NYC?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2017, 11:58:31 AM »

8 AM ET- Fred Meyer

Call me crazy, but did you mind putting Trump here for a later, more political purpose, or did you just do this since it's NYC?

Since it's NYC and , but in reality Trump was interviewed right after the attacks . I mean he was one of the biggest names in NYC so of course people would ask him his thoughts about the attacks .
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2017, 12:01:56 PM »

8 AM ET- Fred Meyer

Since it's NYC and , but in reality Trump was interviewed right after the attacks . I mean he was one of the biggest names in NYC so of course people would ask him his thoughts about the attacks .
Haha guess I was just trying to see if I was finally able to pick up on those slight details.

Great timeline btw
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2017, 02:29:08 AM »

President Clinton gives an Oval Office Address in response to the Attacks:

President Clinton: Good evening. Today Morning , our fellow Americans who were peacefully working at the World Trade Center and Pentagon were attacked by cowardly and evil people who used our commercial airplanes as weapons to accomplish their evil deeds. Thousands of our fellow Americans, who began their day just like they would any other day were suddenly killed by these despicable acts of terror. These acts of terror were committed to frighten our country into giving into more of their demands, but they have failed because while they may have succeeded in bringing down our tallest buildings , they will not bring down the United States of America.

We were targeted because our country represented everything they arent, the ability for every human being no matter who they are to have the opportunity of life , liberty, and the peruse of happiness. Throughout history enemies of these ideals have tried to destroy these ideals but they have failed , because the tides to time will always go against them. In World War Two the Nazis tried to take the world back to the dark ages but not only did we not go back to the dark ages , the ideals they tried to destroy spread throughout the world . Throughout the 2nd half of the 20th century the Soviet Union tried to destroy these ideals as well but just like every evil group in the history of the world they failed, and I promise you so will these terrorists.

Today we have begun our investigation into who planned , helped fund, and execute these terrorist attacks , and once we find those answers the people responsible for these attacks will be brought to justice .  Another immediate priority for us is to help the survivors of these attacks recover from their injures and make sure something like this wont happen again. Tonight I ask all of you to give your prayers to the families of the victims to today's attacks , and for the people who no longer feel safe .

May God Bless you , and May God Bless the United States of America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2017, 02:48:50 AM »
« Edited: July 03, 2017, 02:52:05 AM by Old School Republican »

The Attorney General, Sec of Def, Sec of State give their statements:

Attorney General Biden: Today I have ordered the DOJ to commit all our resources in finding out who committed these terrorist attacks, who funded these attacks. We are also trying to find ways how the people who committed these attacks, do get proper justice for their crimes and not the way they gave our their version of justice.

Sec of Def Nunn: To prevent future attacks like this the DOD is working on these things: Improving Airport Security , stop governments from harboring these types of people and to get all our intelligence agencies to coordinate with each other to prevent attacks like the one that happened today.

Sec of State Lieberman: Today , many leaders from all over the world send their condolences   to people living in New York, and our country. I have also talked to all our allied countries and they have all promised to take action against the attackers once we know who they are.  
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2017, 11:49:22 PM »

Next update: Bill Clinton visit to New York , and his joint press conference with President HW Bush (the topic of the press conference has obviously been changed though )
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #118 on: July 04, 2017, 03:16:38 AM »

The President and First Lady Visit New York:

President Clinton , Former President Bush, and Governor George W Bush attending a memorial service in the nation's cathedral .

The First lady and Mayor Giuliani at ground zero 

Statement given by President Clinton before leaving :

Clinton: I promise you that we will rebuild this great city of ours  , and we will bring the perpetrators of this horrible attack to justice.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2017, 03:26:44 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2017, 03:43:21 AM by Old School Republican »

Bill Clinton and HW Bush joint interview:

Question One: Despite the attacks you decided not to cancel your meeting and instead just changed the topic

President Clinton: I believe in times like this, its more important that we remain united , so due to that I decided to keep the meeting on.

Question Two: President Bush, what advice and what contacts did you give to President Clinton

Bush: I gave the President contact information from experts from Mine and President Reagan's administration . These experts include George Shultz, James Baker , Colin Powell and many more.

Clinton: President Bush also told me how he handled the lead up to Operation Desert Storm , and how the lead up was just as important as the war itself .

Question Three: So what were the other topics you discussed

Clinton: We discussed topics such as airport security, how to better to get our intelligence agencies to coordinate with each other.

Bush: Thats true

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2017, 05:07:44 PM »

Next Update: Bill Clinton Speech to joint session of congress,
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2017, 03:11:31 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 11:55:00 PM by Old School Republican »

Excerpts from President Clinton Message to a Joint Session of Congress:

Speaker Gephardt: Ladies and Gentleman , its my high honor to welcome to you , the President of the United States!!

Congress Floor: Standing Ovation

President Clinton: Mr Speaker, Mr.President Pro Tempore , members of congress, and my fellow Americans:

Last week a group of terrorists from an terrorist organization called Al-Queda, used commercial airplanes to commit dastardly and evil acts against our people. They believed those attacks would frighten our people into submitting to their demands, and to turn on one another. I can report to you they failed because the spirit of our people is strong , and not only did they fail frighten our people , they showed how much courage and heroism our citizens have(Large Standing Ovation). We saw an act of heroism , from passengers who decided to act anyone despite knowing they likely wouldnt come out of the confrontation alive because they wanted to save lives of their fellow Americans(Large Standing Ovation) . Those people showed to the terrorist , that even though they can take down our tallest buildings , they will not be able to take down the soul of nation, because the State of Union is Strong(Large Standing ovation)!

Admiral Yamamoto said after the attacks of Pearl Harbor that " I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" and he was right as our country won the war and defeated their empire(Standing Ovation). Today the members of Al - Queda and their leader Osama Bin Laden will have done the same thing, and like in World War Two we will make sure justice is carried out for their evil actions(Large Standing Ovation). Not only though do we have to go after Al-Queda but we have to go after any government that harbors them, as unless we get rid of those governments , Al-Queda will always be able to recruit and train more and more radical Islamic Fundamentalists to be terrorists. The government most responsible for harboring Al-Queda is the Taliban who also is a Radical Islamic group and makes their people suffer. Under the regions they occupy you can be jailed and killed for not strictly following their interpretation of the Koran, the holy book for the religion of Islam. I want to address the Tailban right now, we have a list of demands which are not open for any negotiation :

1.Hand Over Osama Bin Laden and all the leaders of Al - Queda to the United States where they can face justice for their crimes

2. Give us all the locations of all Al-Queda training camps, and cooperate with the United States to disband them

3. give your people more freedoms that they deserve

If these demands are not met in 15 days , the United States of America will be at war with you, and not only will we destroy Al-Queda during the war , we will oust your government from power, and arrest your leadership as well(Huge Standing Ovation)!  You do not want to go to war with our country , as if you do you will lose just like the Iraqis did 10 years when they went to war with our country(Huge Standing Ovation).

Lastly I want to discuss ways how we can prevent large scale terrorist attacks from happening in our country again . One I am proposing that we create a cabinet level department of homeland security so we can bring much of our intelligence and national security agencies under one department (Standing Ovation). This will allow all those agencies to easily coordinate with each other and anticipate and stop attacks from happening on our homeland(Standing Ovation).Number two I propose strengthening our airport security by putting these measures into place:

1.  Ban all objects that can be used as weapons to be allowed on the passenger or in their carry on luggage.

2. Check ever bag and person thoroughly to make sure that if any of these objects are in a person's carry on luggage that they are removed before the person is allowed to enter the plane

3. Have trained federal agents be part of every airport , airport security team to make sure the above is accomplished.

I hope these actions I discuss today destroy the terrorist groups that committed last week's terrible attacks and prevent attacks like this from happening again.(Large Standing Ovation) May God Bless you and may God Bless the United States of America.

NBC: We are being told there will be no rebuttal to his speech
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2017, 12:01:46 AM »

President Clinton approval rating and other polls:

Clinton Approval Rating:
Approve : 84%
Disapprove : 14%

Should the US invade Afghanistan Sad

Yes: 93%
No : 6%
Unsure: 1%

Should the US invade Iraq

Yes : 71%
No : 27%
Unsure: 2%

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2017, 02:48:38 AM »

American Forces , along with their NATO allies and India Plan for Invasion of Afghanistan:

AP: We are getting reports that the US and their allies are currently planning on a strategy of getting rid of the Taliban and capturing Bin Laden and Al Queda leaders in one operation  . We are also getting told that while many US allies will participate in the invasion stage , they will not participate in a potential nation building stage as their treaties only require them to be part of invasion force and not the nation building force. The deadline for the Taliban to give in to the demands given by President Clinton expire in 5 days and unless they give in the US will be at war come October 7th.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2017, 02:53:28 AM »

Congress passes an authorization of military force:

Main Text:

1. If the Taliban do not meet US demands by October 7th, President Clinton will be authorized to use US forces to invade Afghanistan

2. If any countries try to help Al-Queda , the President of the United States is authorized to use force against their countries .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies