Bill Clinton's third term
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:18:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bill Clinton's third term
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
Author Topic: Bill Clinton's third term  (Read 49793 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: December 02, 2017, 01:15:54 AM »

Breaking News : Former President Ronald Reagan passes away

Brokaw: Ronald Reagan , the 40th President of the United States , who was President during a time of extraordinary changes in both the US and the World has passed away. His life has been as extraordinary as any American in the 20th century , started as a child when he grew up in Dixon Illionis, then became a Sports Announcer in the 1930s , and afterwards became an Hollwood actor. In 1964 after being in the acting world for the better part of 3 decades, decided to give a campaign speech for Barry Goldwater called the Time for Choosing Speech helped launched his political career and 2 years later got elected Governor of California the largest State in the Union.  During his tenure  as Governor he would become the leader of the Conservative Movement in the Country which then promoted him to run for President in 1976.  Despite many people not taking him seriously , Reagan nearly upset President Ford in the 1976 Republican Primaries which allowed him not only to be the leader of the Conservative Movement but the leader of the Republican Party once Ford lost in 1976, and in 1980 he would be back and would get elected in a landslide win. Throughout his 8 years as President his optimism helped people get to many difficult times during the 1980s, which also helped him pass much of his Conservative agenda as President , and also help him work with Gorbachev to end the cold war.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #301 on: December 02, 2017, 04:39:07 AM »

President Clinton's Statement on Former President Reagan Passing Away:

Clinton : Today is a sad day for our country , as Former President Reagan Passed away today. I want to give my condolences to Nancy Reagan , and the rest of President Reagan's Family as today must be a very sad day for them.  President Reagan life really represented the American Dream , a boy from Dixon, Illionis eventually grew up to be the President of The United States . His optimism , his positive attitude , and his willingness to work with politicians on both sides of the isle to make our country better was an inspiration  and we should learn from his example today.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #302 on: December 02, 2017, 01:54:50 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 01:39:14 AM by Old School Republican »

Breaking News: Democratic Convention to be Contested  :

Brokaw: The Democratic primaries are officially over , and here are the results of the final 3 primaries. Former Vice President Gore won the Puerto Rico Caucus and the New Jersey Primary , while Senator Landrieu has won the Montana Primary. Now lets see if those wins are enough to put Vice President Gore over the top.

Al Gore : 1390(394 Supers)
Russ Feingold : 1047 (51 Supers)
Mary Landrieu : 494(18 Supers)
Howard Dean: 123
Dick Gephardt : 1[/img]

Brokaw: So no it wont be enough to put Mr.Gore over the top , and now even if Mr.Gore gets all the super delegates and Mr.Dean's delegates it still wont be enough. The only thing which will keep the convention from being contested is if Senator Landrieu drops out.

Russert: We just got words that she wont drop out of the race

Brokaw: NBC news is confirming that Senator Landrieu wont drop out of the race ,meaning NBC News can now project that the Democratic Convention will be contested .
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #303 on: December 02, 2017, 04:32:33 PM »

President Clinton's Eulogy at President Reagan's Funeral 

Clinton : Mrs.Reagan , Patti, Michael , Ron , members of the Reagan family , distinguished guests, last week President Reagan sadly passed away. While we all know Ronald Reagan is in a better place now as he no longer will have to suffer from Alzheimers , we will miss him dearly  . His optimistic attitude, helped our country through many difficult times during his presidency. His belief that our country can achieve anything we set out to do , was evident throughout his presidency , and that belief helped restore the faith the American people had in their country.

Ronald Reagan also believed in the idea that we are not Democrats or Republicans but Americans, and throughout his presidency worked with politicians on both sides of the isle to help make our country better. I also remember meeting him and despite the fact that President Reagan and I had our differences on the issues, and not knowing each other very well , the meeting went by like President Reagan and I were best Friends. This is something all of us should learn from President Reagan, that despite the fact that you may disagree with someone else doenst mean you cant work with that person.

Lastly an important moment of his legacy was overseeing the end of the Cold War. In his first term , he built up the anti communist defensives throughout the world , to stop the Soviet Union from growing their Empire even faster. Then once he sensed the Soviets had finally gotten an honorable leader , he immediately started to work with the Soviet Union to reduce the tensions of the cold war.

May God Bless President Reagan in Heaven , and may God Bless his family through this difficult time.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #304 on: December 02, 2017, 07:18:00 PM »

President Clinton endorses Al Gore for President:

Clinton: Over the past 12 years our country has solved many prior issues we faced both on the economic side and on foreign affairs, but that does not mean we have solved all the issues. To solve those issues we need a President with the proper experience, judgement , and correct policies to solve them, and for that reason I am proud to endorse the man who served as with me for 8 years as Vice President Al Gore(Applause). In the 8 years he was Vice President , he advised me on many issues and without him we may not have had the policy successes that we had during those 8 years. His commitment to solve environmental issues, along with great experience with foreign affairs will make sure that we build on the successes over the past 12 years over the next several years. Lastly he not only got my endorsement , he got the endorsement by more Democratic Voters than anyone else running for the nomination, and for that reason he should be our nominee as he is the choice of the people(Applause). Vice President Gore , you are a great friend of mine, and were a great Vice President to this country, and I am confident you will make a great President. Thank You and May God Bless America. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #305 on: December 02, 2017, 07:41:15 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 01:40:01 AM by Old School Republican »

Bush's Vice Presidential Shortlist:

Tommy Thompson :

Strengths:  Strong Budget Hawk , 3 Term Governor from a Swing State,  Successfully Reformed Welfare as Governor  

Weakness: Foreign Policy, Seen as too much of an 90s figure

Rudy Giuliani:

Strengths: Popular Nationally  ,  Had a Successful Tenure as Mayor by reducing crime , making the city more attractive again, and helped bring the city together after the 9/11 attacks.

Weakness: Is Pro Choice which could reduce turnout among Christian Right Voters

James Baker:

Strengths : Adds Foreign Policy Experience to the tickets

Weaknesses: Never ran for an elected office before

George Allen:

Strengths : Popular among the conservative wing of the party which could drive up turnout

Weakness: Maybe viewed as too conservative by Swing Voters

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #306 on: December 03, 2017, 03:13:14 AM »

Breaking News: Vice President Bob Kerrey will not be Vice President for another term:

Russert: We have some Breaking  News to share, Vice President Kerrey has decided to step down as Vice President at the end of his term. This means the Democratic candidates will have to choose a new Vice Presidential candidate as their running mate, and that really could shake things up at the convention .
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #307 on: December 03, 2017, 09:30:37 PM »

Green Party moves the date of its convention, now will take place after DNC
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #308 on: December 03, 2017, 10:01:59 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 01:40:44 AM by Old School Republican »

Governor George W Bush set to announce his Vice Presidential Pick in Allentown, Pennsylvania tomorrow.

Private Conversation between Governor Bush and the VP Pick:

Bush: Mr.(Last name of VP Pick) , I have decided to select you as my running mate in this year's election .

VP Pick: Thank You Governor Bush for the honor of being your Vice President , and I promise I wont let you down.

Bush:  I will be announcing you as my Vice Presidential Pick in Allentown, Pennsylvania either tomorrow afternoon or evening . Can you make it by then or should I delay announcement until the day after tomorrow.

VP Pick:  I will be there by 10 in the morning tomorrow.

Bush: That's Great, and I am sure you will be  a great Vice Presidential for this country

VP: Thank You for the Honor

Bush : The Honor will be mine

Current Locations and Home State of each VP candidate :

Tommy Thompson :  

Home State- Wisconsin
Current Location : Columbus,Ohio

Rudy Giuliani :

Home State- New York
Current Location : New York City, New York

James Baker:

Home State : Virginia( In this timeline he moved to NOVA in 2002)
Current Location :  Washington D.C

George Allen:

Home State: Virginia
Current Location: Washington D.C
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #309 on: December 04, 2017, 03:14:17 PM »

Breaking News : George Bush selects Rudy Giuliani as his running mate:

Bush: Thank You , Thank You . One of the most important decisions a Presidential Candidate has to make is to select their Running Mate , as if that candidate wins their running mate will be the country's Vice President for at least the next 4 years . That person has to be someone that Presidential Candidate believes is qualified , loyal , and god forbid make a Good President if something happens to themselves during their time in office. So for that reason , I have selected Mayor Rudy Giuliani to be my running mate because not only is he a very loyal person , he also very qualified . When Giuliani first became mayor of the largest city , New York City was in serious trouble: Crime Was out of control , the streets were unsafe for kids to play outside on , Businesses were leaving the city. Then thanks to his leadership , at the end of the 1990s violent crime had fallen more than 50 %, Property crimes fell by 65% which made the streets safe for the kids again , and his fiscal policies got businesses to move back to New York City .  As a leader you have to deal with tragedies and crises , and on September 11th 2001 , New York City was hit with the worst terrorist attack in modern history , and as the cities mayor Rudy Giuliani helped bring the people in the city to come together as one , and helped give the people of his city the courage to rebuild the city . Now lets here it from America's Mayor and the Next Vice President of the United States Rudy Giuliani.

Giuliani : Thank You Governor Bush for the honor of being your running mate  and maybe being the next Vice President of the United States. I am sure you will be a great President just like how you have been a great governor. Governor Bush as Governor of one of the largest states in the Union , Texas has achieved many great accomplishments. Despite the fact that the legislature was controlled by the Democrats for most of the tenure, you were able to reform the state's education system, justice system , and it's economic policies. Thanks to you Texas now has a better education system for our kids, and we sure need to the same in the nation, there is less crime in Texas than when you took office, and the state's economy relatively to the nation  has improved since the time you first took office. Thank You and May God Bless America.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #310 on: December 05, 2017, 01:57:06 AM »

President Clinton Approval and 2004 election polls:

Clinton's Approval Rating:

Approve : 52%
Disapprove : 47%

2004 election polls:

George Bush 52%
Al Gore 43%

George Bush 54%
Russ Feingold 45%

George Bush 48%
Mary Landrieu 42%

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #311 on: December 06, 2017, 10:36:27 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 01:41:51 AM by Old School Republican »

2004 RNC highlights Part 1 :

Excerpts from Arnold Schwarzenegger Speech:

Schwarzenegger: Thank You Thank You. The fact that an immigrant boy like me could grow up to be the Governor of California, and then have the honor of giving a speech in behalf of our next president  proves that the American dream is true(Applause). Now the Democrats believe that the American Dream is dying , and the only reason it is still alive is because of the Democrats (Laughter). All I have to say is this , every time we have had a Democratic administration in the past 40 years , they have done nothing but leave this country with a mess. When I first came here in 1968 the country was in Turmoil : with Riots after Riots on the streets caused by their bungling of the Vietnam War , then Nixon became President and law and order was brought back to our country , and the war ended. 8 years later we elected another Democratic President and 4 years later : our country was in the worst economic shape it had been since the depression , our citizens had been taken hostage in Iran, and the Soviet Union was taking advantage of those weaklings to grow their empire  and all they did was blame their problems on the American People. Then in 1980 we Elected Ronald Reagan and George HW Bush and they defeated the Soviet Union , and created the greatest economic upswing in American History which lasted until 2000 . In 1992 though we elected another Democrat and , instead of doing work he rode the economic boom out and because of him we are in another mess . My Friends I have been given another mission as the Terminator in 2004 , and the target is the Democrats. In November the People will tell the Democrats "Your Terminated "(Ovation).

Excerpts from John McCain's Speech :

McCain: My fellow Americans , today our nation faces many challenges: from a stagnating economy, and a War which if we lose can threaten our safety . Despite the fact that the perpetrators of 9/11 have been captured the War is not Yet over because  the reason those perpetrators got the ability to carry our the attacks were because they were given safe haven by the Taliban, and while they might be out of power , they continue to attack our troops in Afghanistan in hopes of regaining power. We must not let them regain power because if they do the newly acquired freedom of the Afghan People will be gone once more, and there presence will put American lives at risk. While defeating them is important that is not the only group giving harbor to terrorists . The Syrian Government led by Assad continues to fund groups who terrorize the Israeli people , and want to see it that Israel no longer exists . We as a nation cannot allow one of our closest allies in our world to fall , and to do that we must take action now , and that is why we must elect Governor George W Bush. President Clinton strategy of dealing with Assad has failed and we must change that strategy if we want to win the war. God Bless you and may God Bless America.  

Excerpts from Mitt Romney's (Keystone Speaker) RNC Speech:

Romney: Thank You Thank You. Everyday for the past 12 years , there have been 2 constants , the sun coming up in the morning , and Washington engaging in meaningless partisan fights which do nothing to help anyone in the country(Applause). Actually I am wrong about that , those fights do help people : the elites in Washington , the bureaucrats and the Special Interests while the worker , small business owner and family suffers . Now the Democrats answer to this is to blame the Republicans , propose tax increases, and talk big while not actually doing anything. Now the Democrats want to say we should elect Al Gore, Russ Feingold , or Mary Landrieu (Laughter) to make our country better, despite all  3 candidates still believing tax increases and blaming Republicans is the way to fix our country. I say it is time for Change, Time for a President who puts Leadership over Polls, and who will unite the country not divide it and for that Reason I am happy to Support George W Bush for President of the United States(Ovation).

Governor Bush has been governor of Texas for 10 years , and despite the fact that the Democrats controlled both chambers in the Texas State Legislature , was able to bring real change to the state. He reformed the State's Education System where it has improved unlike the rest of the nation where it has declined , he dramatically reduced crime in the state  , put in policies what made Texas more Friendly to Business to grow the state's economy . He did what all leaders do and that is put leadership over partisanship(Ovation). To top of things , he has chosen a great running mate , Rudy Giuliani . Rudy Giuliani like Governor Bush also is  a role model for leadership. When Giuliani took over as Mayor Of New York: Crime was out of control , the streets werent safe because of gangs, and Businesses were leaving the city and people were saying the magic in New York was gone. Well they were wrong because under Giuliani  tenure violent crime fell by more than 50%(Applause) , Businesses started investing in the city once again, and NYC became one of the safest big cities (Applause) . He also showed great leadership in dealing with crises , in how he helped bring the city together after 9/11 , and start the process of rebuilding the city. Those re the kinds of leaders we need in America , and we know this from history. In the 1980s Ronald Reagan reformed our entire tax code, won the cold war , and created the largest economic boom in History(Applause).  Thank You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #312 on: December 07, 2017, 11:32:14 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 01:42:54 AM by Old School Republican »

2004 RNC Highlights : Bush and Giuliani's Acceptance Speech

Excerpts from Giuliani's Acceptance Speech :

Giuliani: Thank You Thank You .  Over the course of four days our party has gathered in the greatest city of the world to officially nominate and introduce our next President of the United States , George W Bush(Applause). A Few Weeks ago Governor Bush gave me the honor of being his running mate , and today I will officially announce that I accept the Republican Nomination for Vice President of the United States(Applause).

Today our county faces many challenges , and to solve those problems we need a leader who puts uniting the country over partisanship ,  someone with strong moral values , someone who believes in governing through principle and not the polls. Over the past 12 years our leaders have put partisanship over unity, disregarded moral values , governed by the polls , believed that every solution in America should be solved by spending more on government programs and taxing the people more(Boos). We have seen the results of those policies and leadership ideals and we need change and that is what Governor Bush and I will bring to Washington over the next 4 years(Applause).

One of the challenges our country faces is the War on Terror , a war started by the terrorists when they attacked our country here in New York on September 11th 2001.  While we may have won one part of the war when we brought the masterminds of the attacks to justice, the War is not over yet , as terrorist groups continue to be funded by Dictators in Syria , and many other countries so we must stay vigilant . When I stood amid the fallen World Trade Center I promised to rebuild New York  , and I promised to do all I can so these attacks never happen again . The only way to make that possible is to destroy Terrorism all around the world , and the governments who sponsor them(Applause) . Over the past year we have given Assad so many chances to stop funding Hamas, but he continues to do it to this day and Governor Bush has said that if he refuses to cooperate with the US withing a time table , he will be removed from power. Governor Bush has a plan to win the war , and we will win it.

He also has a plan to fix our nation's economy and it starts with doing 3 things: Cutting Taxes for the people, making our government more efficient with tax payer money, and passing policies what help incentive investing in small business  . Governor Bush has done that in Texas, and as a result it's economy has grown faster than the nation as a whole. In New York City, we turned what people called a dying city back into the greatest city in the world . The reason for both our successes is Leadership and our policies work. God Bless You , and May God Bless America.

Excerpts from Bush's Acceptance Speech:

Bush: Mr. Chairman ,delegates , and my fellow Americans, I proudly accept your nomination for President of the United States(Applause). Thank You for giving me the opportunity to represent this great party of Lincoln , Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Reagan, and my dad as their nominee for President. Together we begin on our journey to renew our country's purpose and make our country great again(Applause). The climb back up hill be tough have faced more steeper hills before and have climbed them . In the 1860s our county was split in two over the issue of slavery, and the worst war in our history was fought in that decade , and despite those challenges Lincoln was able to bring the country back together , and abolish slavery(Applause). Other challenges we faced such as the Depression , Two World Wars, were overcome and just in the beginning of the 1980s Ronald Reagan and my Father George HW Bush entered the white house during a time of double digit unemployment, double digit inflation , 20% interest rates  , our citizens captured as hostages in Iran and the Soviet Union growing their empire. By the end of the decade we were in the midst of the greatest economic boom in our history which would last until 2000, and we won the Cold War(Applause) .

Today we face challenges as well but we will solve them . Our economy today has been stagnant for the past 3 years but it will bounce back but to do so will require us to go back to the policies what worked(Applause). Now Democrats go around blaming Ronald Reagan, my dad , the Republican Party for this economic mess , but what they forgot to tell is that they have controlled the white house for the past 12 years(Laughter). From 1993-2001 they raised taxes, increased spending during good times, putting the country on auto pilot while riding the tech boom our and then when the economy fell into recession , we got record deficits, and higher unemployment , and slow growth  and its still the Republicans fault(Laughter). Learn to take Responsibility like true leaders do, and that is what I pledge to do(Applause). The solutions to these problems are simple , cut taxes and unnecessary regulations and our economy will grow just like it did in the 1980s. Then we must cut wasteful spending(Applause) and reform many programs to balance our budget(Appaluse)  . Now to do this it will require bipartisianship which I pledge to do as we arent Republicans or Democrats but Americas.

Lastly is we are fighting a War on Terror and we must win the war not lose it. This means we must keep the pressure on insurgents in Afghanistan to make sure they dont return to power , and harbor terrorists again(Applause). This war is key to our safety as terrorists can do great harm like they did on that on 9/11 when they killed thousands of our people in this great city. Seeing what they did makes me cry ,and mad at the same time , as it was an act so unconscionably evil that it was stunning to see it. They believed they could destroy the American Spirit with those attacks, and they were wrong because while they were able to destroy a building they will never be able to destroy our country(Applause). To make sure this never happens again , we must not only stop the insurgents from retaking power , but stop existing governments like the Syrian one to stop harboring them. This is why I will change existing policy, and tell Assad to end his Weapons of Mass Destruction Program , and stop funding Hamas or we will remove you from power . This will not be negotiable as these actions  by them must stop now . It is critical that we win this war and we will.

God Bless You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #313 on: December 08, 2017, 03:48:15 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 01:43:12 AM by Old School Republican »

Polls after RNC

Bush vs Gore :

Bush/Giulani 351 55.5%
Gore/? 147 41.1%

Bush vs Feingold

Bush/Giuliani 324 57%
Feingold/? 131  42%

Bush vs Landrieu

Bush/Giulani 329 54%
Landrieu/? 74 39%

Brokaw: Wow these look like Landslides

Russert: Yes they do, but remember these 3 things: the Republicans got an 6-8 point bounce off this convention which is just slightly better than last time, while Democrats still dont have their nominee or convention. Is Bush favored Yes , but he likely wont be leading by nearly this much 3 weeks after the DNC.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #314 on: December 09, 2017, 05:53:48 PM »

Howard Dean endorses Former Vice President Al Gore

Statement by Dean:

Vice President Gore got more votes than anyone else in our primary, so for that reason, he should be our nominee. I have requested that all my delegates vote for Vice President Gore at the convention, as he was the choice by our voters and the party's delegates should abide by the will of the voters.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #315 on: December 11, 2017, 01:16:35 AM »

Breaking News: Former Vice President Gore wins Nomination on 3rd Ballot. and selects Jay Rockefeller as his Running Mate

Tim Russert: There you have it, former Vice President Gore will be the Democratic Nominee as he officially crossed the 2164 delegate number he needed to win the nomination. He also selected Jay Rockefeller as his running mate prior to the 3rd ballot, as it seemed like he wouldn't have enough to win before the voting began and the selection of Rockefeller swung many delegates to Former Vice President Gore.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #316 on: December 12, 2017, 04:25:41 AM »

2004 DNC Highlights: Feingold and Landrieu's Concession Speeches

Feingold's Concession Speech:

Landrieu : A Short While Ago I congratulated Former Vice President Al Gore for winning our party's nomination for President (Applause). While Vice President Gore and I dont agree on all the issues, he will definitely make a better President that Governor Bush, and for that reason, I have decided to endorse Former Vice President Gore for President.

Former Vice President Gore, and I believe that to solve our nation's problems we must do so in a nonpartisan manner, so we don't further divide our country. The Republicans, on the other hand, want to ram down their agenda of serving the rich down our throats. Former Vice President Gore will not to do that, as he knows to help the country we must focus on the issue what help the people, and not just the politicians( Applause) . While the Republicans may try to obstruct everything we do over the next 4 years, their voters dont stand with them on all the issues. Republican voters just like Democrats dont support cutting Social Security, and believe we need to spend more money on infrastructure to help state likes Lousinia.

Thank You to all my supporters, and God Bless America.
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #317 on: January 02, 2018, 09:43:04 AM »

Please keep updating this…I have so much fun reading it and want to see more
MycroftCZ

« Reply #318 on: January 02, 2018, 07:21:31 PM »

Please keep updating this…I have so much fun reading it and want to see more
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #319 on: January 03, 2018, 01:57:49 AM »

There will be new updates for this timeline on Saturday or Sunday
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #320 on: January 07, 2018, 02:05:16 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2018, 02:22:34 PM by Old School Republican »

President Clinton's DNC Speech:

Clinton : Thank You , Thank You for all the support you are giving me tonight and have given me throughout my political career. It has been an honor of being the President of this great country over the past 12 years(Applause) , and now it is time for the torch to be passed to someone else. The person I would like to pass the torch to is the person who served with me as Vice President for 8 years , Al Gore (Applause). He understands more than anyone else the successes of our administration, as well as the failures and how we can make sure to continue the successes of the past 12 years while avoiding the failures. Vice President Al Gore also understands the problem of Globel Warming more than anyone else, and I am confident he will deal with that issue better than I have. Now  the Republicans on the other hand claim that our administration has been a failure, so let's look at the record shall we.

Over the past 12 years our country has created 23 million new jobs , which is more jobs created than in any 12 year period in our history (Applause ). It is also 5 more million new jobs created than under the 12 previous years of the so-called great Reagan/Bush economic presidency(Laughter ) . Now while presidents Reagan and Bush created a lot of jobs they also quadrupled the debt in doing so , while we didnt and to Governor Bush's credit he doesn't want to go back to those policies he just wants to put them on steroids (Laughter). Our administration also reformed our nation's education system to make sure every child no matter which school they attend can succeed, made prescription drugs more accessible to our seniors and cut our nation's violent crime rate nearly in half (Applause) . This is what the Republicans call a failure (Laughter).

Now the Republicans are also criticizing our foreign policy as well. They claim that we are losing the war on terror, and our too weak. I just want them to now that our nation has destroyed both the Taliban and Al-Qaeda, punished the perpetrators of 9/11, while overseeing 2 democratic elections in Afghanistan(Applause). Shame on you for putting politics over our nation's foreign policy , and anyone who does that shouldn't be our commander in chief. Vice President Gore never put politics over our foreign policy successes, and that is why in the 1980s when he was Senator he refused to attack President Reagan while Reagan was in the middle of negotiations with the Soviets(Applause) , because he puts our nation before politics (Applause). Governor Bush you should apologize for claiming we are losing the war on terror just so you have a better chance of winning this election. Now while we havent finishing dealing with Syria yet, we are getting closer and usually, it takes time for problems to be solved, and I am confident Vice President Gore will solve them as President.

Lastly a Presidential candidate  must choose a running mate when running for President and Al Gore chose Senator Rockefeller who will be a wonderful Vice President. He has been a great governor and Seantor of West Virginia and Im sure he will be a great Vice President . He has been a fighter for the people of West Virginia his entire career , knows the ins and outs of the Senate better than most politicans and that is why he should be the next Vice President of our nation(Applause ) . Thank You again , and may god Bless our Great nation.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #321 on: January 08, 2018, 02:56:48 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2018, 03:16:36 PM by Old School Republican »

2004 DNC Highlights : Rockefeller and Gore's Acceptance Speech

Excerpts from Rockefeller's Acceptance Speech:

Gore: Thank You, Thank You very much to all the voters and delegates in the Democratic Primaries for giving me the honor of being your nominee for President, and I accept your nomination(Applause ). I also want to thank the people of Tennesse for giving me the honor of being your senator for 8 years , and President Clinton for giving me the opportunity of being this country's Vice President for 8 years (Applause).

Tonight we gather here in a time of great challenges, but also at a time where we are experiencing many successes. After 12 years of President Clinton leading our country through a Post Cold War World , and an age where there have been major changes in our economy thanks to the Internet , we all owe him our thanks as he has done a fantastic job in leading our country through those changes(Applause). Though that doesnt mean our job is over yet as the next President must make sure our country victories in Afghanistan over the past few years werent for nothing and the only way to do that is to ensure Afghanistan remains a stable democracy(Applause). We also must continue on President Clinton efforts to disarm the Syrian Government as our goal now must be to stop terrorist groups before they can become a threat and the only way to do that is by disarming governments who arm them (Appluase). We must also must continue to grow our economy so the next generation of Americans have the same opportunity to succeed as the previous ones did , and last but not least we must deal with the issue of Global Warming because if we don't it will lead to terrible consequnces in the future .

Now dealing with those issues wont be easy but they will be dealt with as we have dealt with even worse issues in our history . The first thing we must do to deal with these issues is to continue to improve our relations with foreign nations all across the globe because much of the issues we face today cant be dealt with in isolation, and must be dealt with the world coming together to face these different issues. This means we cannot do as Governor Bush says, and ignore the United Nations,  when we see fit as if we do so , and withdraw from the Kyoto Protocol because if we do so, it will be harder for our nation to lead the world in solving the issue of Global Warming, and defeating Terror .

Governor Bush also believes that we must give huge tax breaks for the Wealthy will revive the economy . Well the last 12 years should prove that wrong as President Clinton created 5 million more jobs than Reagan and his father did an did so without quadrupling our debt. What we must do instead is we must cut taxes for working families to give them more disposable income which will be used to stimulate our economy. It is indeed the working class who make our economy strong and we must insure that our economic recovery continues to benefit them as well , and not just the top 1% in our nation.

Thank You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #322 on: January 08, 2018, 03:29:23 PM »

Polls after DNC:

Bush/Giuliani  259 52%
Gore/Rockefeller 170 45%

Brokaw: The Democrats have gotten a 7 point bounce out of the convention

Russert: Yes and its clear now that the Democrats are back in the game which looked lost after the RNC as not only did they get a 7 point bounce  out of the convention , they have knocked the Lean,Likely and Safe Bush states below 270 electoral votes. The fact is this race will get closer as the DNC was able to unite the party despite the fact , their convention was contested.

Brokaw: I agree , as now you will see many Democrats who were willing to vote third party or  not vote at all come home for Gore which could make the race much closer .

Russert: Dont get me wrong , the race still favors Bush , but now the race has become winnable again for the Democrats .
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #323 on: January 08, 2018, 04:38:40 PM »

Breaking News : Green Party decides to nominate Ralph Nader as their Presidential Nominee and David Cobb as their Vice Presidential Nominee
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2018, 05:02:53 PM »

Gore 2004, Giuliani 2008?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to: