Trump Scandals Make His Voters Like Him More
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:41:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Scandals Make His Voters Like Him More
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump Scandals Make His Voters Like Him More  (Read 1939 times)
I Won - Get Over It
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2017, 01:35:16 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 02:07:58 PM »

This (clap) is (clap) because (clap) they (clap) are (clap) stupid (clap clap).
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 02:14:25 PM »

Say it with me boys an girls a cult
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 02:23:26 PM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

His voters are idiots.

We can just try to outnumber them right back, and hopefully win enough elections that matter to shut the idiots and their users down. Or flee, like Germans in the 30s.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 03:06:34 PM »

We can work the margins.

As a conservative on foreign policy and a liberal on just about everything else, I can hit Trump from the Right on that issue. So will many others in 2020 and even in 2018. 
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 04:49:21 PM »

I think this is more on point than some other comments here. It's really about having a certain point of view (for many a more paranoid point of view than is realistically justifiable) more than it is a matter of intelligence. Some of these are things I react to with "who care", such as the inauguration crowd sizes. Some of these things genuinely bother me, like discussing confidential information in a non-secured environment.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 04:50:08 PM »

As he gets more and more unpopular, less and less people will admit they voted for him. Alot of republicans became independents because of George W. Bush and then went back to being republicans in 2010.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 06:27:25 PM »

Wait until their health care is taken away by Trump. Then they'll all die off anyway, so who care?
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 06:27:48 PM »

Because if Democrats and the establishment Republicans hate it, then Trump voters are for it.  Hardcore Trump voters are sociopaths, like their cult leader.  It's not about what's good for them, or good for the country, it's about what makes libruls and RINOS furious.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 06:45:10 PM »

But guys, Hillary's emails.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »

Welcome to Iowa.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 01:54:48 AM »

We're allowed to say this again?

About time.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 02:45:43 AM »

Something something 'we won get over it' something something
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 04:13:21 AM »

They really need to lay off the possum for dinner.

I used to pity these people (being surrounded by so many of them), but they're just as someone else just said: a cult. Lump them in the same category as the Mansons and the Westboro Baptist Church f***tards. I hear it on a daily basis: anything that anyone says that contradicts the Dear Leader is a cuck/snowflake/libtard/butthurt Hillary supporter/and some other names that I can't post or I'll get infraction points.

I think many of them are still living in the campaign zone: they think that they're still running against Hillary/Obama, who is the epitome of everything that Trump opposes, so anytime some of these "scandals" originate, they see it as being orchestrated by the enemy (namely, the "fake news" that's been in the tank for Democrats/liberals/Hillary/Obama from Day 1). At least, this is what the deplorables I'm surrounded by have conveyed, based upon my own experiences with them. Trump could say that the sky is green and if anyone said that it's blue, the Trump supporters would scream "fake news" and call you any of those aforementioned epithets.

Can we not institutionalize or quarantine them until they are no longer a threat to themselves or our country?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 05:05:44 AM »

We're allowed to say this again?

About time.

Nobody said you can't, you can do it without the classist attacks you yourself do.
Wakie77
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 09:04:16 AM »

The truth is that they don't care what he does.  He is the champion of White Trash America.  His win made them feel strong.  He could literally wipe his backside with the flag and they would cheer.  It isn't about him or anything he does.  It is about feeling that they are more important than anyone else.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 09:24:30 AM »

Because Trump supporters don't view these "scandals" as "scandals", you see.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 09:27:34 AM »

The truth is that they don't care what he does.  He is the champion of White Trash America.  His win made them feel strong.  He could literally wipe his backside with the flag and they would cheer.  It isn't about him or anything he does.  It is about feeling that they are more important than anyone else.

Lovely.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 09:30:35 AM »

Lovely.

This is actually true.  Unfortunate, but accurate.  While Trump may be a liar about absolutely everything else he's ever said, he was honest when he said he could shoot someone and his supporters wouldn't leave him; they would continue to support him, and come up with an excuse as to why the person needed to be shot.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 09:31:58 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2017, 07:04:19 PM by Intell »

The truth is that they don't care what he does.  He is the champion of White Trash America.  His win made them feel strong.  He could literally wipe his backside with the flag and they would cheer.  It isn't about him or anything he does.  It is about feeling that they are more important than anyone else.

Lovely.

The term white trash shouldn't be used, neither should the welfare mom or black insert term here, used by the right. Both are awful classist attacks on the working class and poor.
This is actually true.  Unfortunate, but accurate.  While Trump may be a liar about absolutely everything else he's ever said, he was honest when he said he could shoot someone and his supporters wouldn't leave him; they would continue to support him, and come up with an excuse as to why the person needed to be shot.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 09:33:01 AM »

Because Trump supporters don't view these "scandals" as "scandals", you see.
Exactly.

Trump = economy, immigration and law&order.

When anything of this will be screwed his approvals will sink. AHCA would screw up his voters personal economy and look at the polls...
Wakie77
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 09:37:20 AM »

Lovely.

Let me be very clear.  I'm not describing people from any specific area, economic group, etc.  I'm describing people who view education and knowledge as the enemy.  People who refuse to believe there is something wrong with racism.  People who buy into the "nuke 'em all" mentality.
mencken
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 09:41:56 AM »

I doubt it is the "scandals" so much as the hysterical outrage over them that makes Trump more liked.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2017, 09:48:17 AM by Grumpy Horrible Deplorable »

I doubt it is the "scandals" so much as the hysterical outrage over them that makes Trump more liked.

Correct.  Look at the news feeds on NBC News, USA Today and CNN (since I have those apps on my phone).  Just the headlines will cause his supporters to dig their heels in deeper.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 10:07:47 AM »

People interpret information in a way that supports their own preconceived biases.  Shocking.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies