Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:41:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think Chez Nous will get seats?
No, they won't get even 2,5% in Wallonia and Brussels  (what would happen accoding to recent polls)

No, but they will get votes in the 2,5%-4,99% rango in Wallonia and/or Brussels

No. They will pass the 5% threshold in Wallonia and/or Brussels, but somehow they won't get seats.

Yes, they will get 1-2 seats

Yes, they will get more than 2 seats

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Belgian Politics & Elections: Federal, regional & EP elections on June 9, 2024  (Read 139302 times)
urutzizu
« on: October 31, 2019, 03:32:35 PM »

...the Morroccan (largely Berber origin) kids in Molenbeek are third generation immigrants, I'm a second generation immigrant myself. We are as Belgian as each other...why they are amalgamated with Syrian refugees while I am not is where the racism really lies.

Among the the second/third generation Immigrants, would you say is there a tendency to Identity strongly with the Country of Belgium and Belgian Unity or rather do they Identify as Flemish/Walloons? (or neither/with their country of origin?)
I remember, in Britain Immigrants are likely to Identify with "British" as opposed to the Whites who identify as English, Welsh, etc. Is Fleming/Walloon similarly percieved to be a ethnic indicator?
Do you think that the lack of a strong Belgian identity/patriotism is partly responsible for issues like Molenbeek?

Thanks!
urutzizu
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 12:37:57 PM »

I mean if the position of the Belgian government parties, is that yes, they are commiting genocide, but we are not going to call it that, nor will we condemn it in any meaningful way aside from signing on to vague UN statements, nor will it have any consequences for our economic relationship and we are going to go ahead with ratifying an extradition treaty with them anyway, and we will let them build a massive logistics hub and their technology into our critical security infrastructure,

then the PVDA-PTB who actually do genuinely believe, for naivety or whatever reason, that there is no genocide so closer ties with China is fine; I am not sure if the former is actually the more defensible position.

(Although granted, I don't know much about how China policy is in PVDA or in Belgian politics generally, so do feel free to correct me.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies