After Her: A Collaborative 2016 Timeline (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:15:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After Her: A Collaborative 2016 Timeline (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: After Her: A Collaborative 2016 Timeline  (Read 9830 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« on: March 29, 2017, 01:32:09 PM »

Tammy Duckworth
(Democrat)
America, Stronger

U.S. Senator from Illinois since 2011

Background

When Duckworth was elected to the Senate in 2011 (with the outspoken support of rival presidential candidate Barack Obama) she was immediately seen as a Presidential contender for 2016. The disabled Iraq War veteran was to the left of Clinton, and therefore could appeal to Democrats who were upset with some of the more moderate positions of President Rodham Clinton. An immigrant, she appeals to immigrant families as well as veteran families and the progressive left. She believes she can form the widest coalition.

Announcement
"I stand before you, in the greatest city in the world, Chicago, to officially announce my candidacy for President of the United States! This country has made a lot of progress over the last eight years, and we can't let radical Republicans like Ted Cruz and John Kasich tear it up! We must take care of our veteran families, who have sacrificed so much for this country. We must have comprehensive immigration reform - and in my first 100 days in office, I'll get it done! We'll finish the job Hillary started by repealing the Hyde Amendment. And we'll keep the economy growing strong!

My friends, I know what it means to sacrifice. But nothing compares to the sacrifice of Americans who serve this country and come home to too little help from the VA. Which is why I will cut defense spending and move the savings into the VA!

People

Campaign staff

Duckworth has Kaitlin Fahey as her campaign manager and chief of staff, Ben Rhodeside as her policy director, Ben Gash Garmisa as her communications director and spokesman, and Kalina Balakov as Chair of the campaign.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 11:47:25 PM »

DUCKWORTH LAYS OUT PROGRESSIVE PLAN IN NH

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Senate Duckworth's best moment came when campaigning in Nevada. She came across a young girl who was terrified her parents would be deported. An obviously emotional Duckworth promised her that she would do everything in her power to make her not afraid.

However, controversy erupted when she tweeted a photo of her and the popular Governor of Illinois Barack Obama, leading some to believe Obama endorsed her. A spokesman later claimed that Obama was "supporting" Duckworth. Obama quickly put out a press release clarifying that he and Duckworth were friends but he was not endorsing her or anyone else at this time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies