After Her: A Collaborative 2016 Timeline (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:24:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After Her: A Collaborative 2016 Timeline (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: After Her: A Collaborative 2016 Timeline  (Read 9800 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: March 28, 2017, 11:01:57 AM »
« edited: March 28, 2017, 10:18:11 PM by We're never gonna have it so good! »

Donald J. Trump
“Make America Great Again”

Campaign Theme: Trump will campaign on a nationalistic platform of “making America great again” which means a non-interventionist, America First foreign policy, a serious immigration enforcement agenda, and opposition to sovereignty stripping, job killing free trade treaties. Trump will campaign on an eclectic mix of right left, and centrist positions ranging from support for a bold healthcare plan that covers everyone to the construction of a border wall and mass deportations that will tackle America’s illegal immigration crisis.

Announcement: Trump’s decision to run for President dates back to his flirtation in 2011; Trump, who controversially questioned President Hillary Clinton’s role in the death of Vince Foster, was mocked by Clinton at the White House Correspondents Dinner. President Clinton cracked “be careful, or Seal Team Six will go after you.” The confusing, enigmatic joke elicited crickets, but made Trump a national running gag the following morning when the world reacted to the death of Bin Laden. The incident was the end of Trump’s 2012 flirtation, though he wasn’t finished yet.

Forming a small campaign staff with Americans for Prosperity’s New Hampshire Director, the young Corey Lewandowski as his campaign manager, Hope Hicks as Spokesperson, and Dan Scavino as social media director. Trump announced his 2016 candidacy in Trump Tower following his infamous “escalator ride” before his controversial speech:

Wow. Whoa. That is some group of people. Thousands. So nice, thank you very much. That's really nice. Thank you. It's great to be at Trump Tower. It's great to be in a wonderful city, New York. And it's an honor to have everybody here. This is beyond anybody's expectations. There's been no crowd like this.

Our country is in serious trouble. We don't have victories anymore. We used to have victories, but we don't have them. When was the last time anybody saw us beating, let's say, China in a trade deal? They kill us. I beat China all the time. All the time. When did we beat Japan at anything? They send their cars over by the millions, and what do we do? When was the last time you saw a Chevrolet in Tokyo? It doesn't exist, folks. They beat us all the time. When do we beat Mexico at the border? They're laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they're killing us economically. The US has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems, and that has to change.

It's true; these aren’t the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They're sending us not the right people. It's coming from more than Mexico. It's coming from all over South and Latin America, and it's coming probably-probably-from the Middle East. But we don't know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don't know what's happening. And it's got to stop and it's got to stop fast.

And President Clinton doesn’t have a clue about the border and neither does Obama. I know that for a fact. Look at how we handled Iraq. I said, “at least let’s get our money’s worth and take the oil” but nobody listened. And folks, we should’ve taken that oil, because it was all based on a lie and it was a big, big, big waste of money. These guys-these Iraqi soldiers we trained, they’re cowards. All ISIS has to do is to fire a shot into the air and they run.

So now ISIS has the oil, and what they don't have, Iran has. And in nineteen-ninety something I said this, and I will tell you this, because I said it very strongly, years ago: I said-and I love the military, and I want to have the strongest military that we've ever had, and we need it more now than ever. But I said, "don't take out Iraq," because you're going to totally destabilize the Middle East. I said if we take out Iraq, then Iran is going to take over the Middle East. Then we’ll have nothing and Iran and somebody else will get all the oil, and it turned out that Iran is now taking over Iraq. Think of it. Iran is taking over Iraq, and they're taking it over big league. Bigly.

We spent $2 trillion in Iraq, $2 trillion. We lost thousands of lives, thousands in Iraq. We have wounded soldiers, who I love, I love-they're great, aren’t they? They’re all over the place, thousands and thousands of wounded soldiers. And it was all for a lie, and we gained nothing. Nobody listened to me.

Last quarter, it was just announced our gross domestic product-a sign of strength, right? But not for us, it is not. It was below zero. Whoever heard of this? It's never below zero. This is what we have gotten under President Clinton. Our labor participation rate was the worst since 1978. But think of it, GDP below zero, horrible labor participation rate. And our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20%. Don't believe the 5.6% number. Don't believe it.

That's right. A lot of people up there can't get jobs. They can't get jobs, because there are no jobs, because China has our jobs and Mexico has our jobs. They all have jobs. But the real number, the real number is anywhere from 18 to 19% and maybe even 21%, and nobody talks about it.

Then there’s Hillarycare…..sheesh, I don’t even want to talk about that. “If you like your healthcare you can keep it” right? Jeez Louise! The Vice President is so scared of the truth that he didn’t run. Imagine that! A Vice President who doesn’t run to succeed the President! Only the bad Presidents don’t have their Vice Presidents run after them, like Bush…and yes, I’m a Republican and Bush was terrible. We don’t need no more Bush Republicans, folks!

Folks, our country needs leadership. That is why today I’m officially announcing my candidacy for President! Our country is in serious trouble, and I know what it takes to win. I’m a deal maker. I’m a negotiator. That’s what I do. And I’m gonna put America first and we’re gonna win, folks, because the American people want leadership. They want our country to be as tough as our people. So I’m running for President, and we’re gonna win with your support. Thank You, God Bless You, and God Bless America!

Policy Positions
-Get tough on the border: expand the Border Patrol, increase deportations, end DACA, and build the wall!
-Renegotiate NAFTA and American membership in organizations like the UN, the World Bank, and the World Trade Organization in order to represent American interests. Reject globalism, put America first!
-End American involvement in the Middle East by withdrawing from Iraq after eliminating ISIS. No nation building or mass refugee resettlements.
-Repeal and replace Hillarycare with a healthcare system that provides quality care for all Americans.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 04:02:37 PM »

Is that some kind of game where people can play roles or do we just propose the candidates we want to run in this timeline?
We play as the candidate. We build their schedules, collect endorsements, debate each other, etc, etc. The 1972 game (on pause as of now) was really good. The divided convention was crazy awesome too. I'd look into some of those to get the general gist.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 04:19:08 PM »

Can i do a fictional version of someone?
I don't make the rules (that is Progressive's job) but I highly recommend taking a certain former Florida Governor who Trump can bully Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »

Trump tackles questions at New Hampshire Forum.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 12:12:06 AM »

OOC: I don't think it's fair that we claim endorsements. If we do, I claim the RNC's endorsement. I win Tongue.

The moderator should decide whom endorses who as per usual in these games.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies