kyc0705 for Lincoln Assembly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:35:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  kyc0705 for Lincoln Assembly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: kyc0705 for Lincoln Assembly  (Read 3783 times)
kyc0705

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »
« edited: March 28, 2017, 06:18:54 PM by kyc0705 »

I am considering a run for the Lincoln Assembly as an independent. I have a history on this board as a rational, well-respected, and civil moderate, and I would like to bring that reputation to the decision-making process of Atlasia.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 05:58:23 PM »

Glad to see this Cheesy
kyc0705

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »

Thank you!
kyc0705

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 06:19:20 PM »

I have officially decided to run for a seat in the Lincoln Assembly for the April elections. I am currently standing as an independent candidate.
kyc0705

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 03:18:16 PM »

OPENING OF THE CAMPAIGN OFFICE

As of today, I have opened my office for the upcoming election, and will use this thread to post any relevant statements or comments that may have to be issued in the next few weeks. Welcome to kyc0705's campaign headquarters.
kyc0705

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 03:19:02 PM »

STATEMENT ON THE WRITE-IN VOTES RECEIVED IN THE MARCH/APRIL 2017 LINCOLN ASSEMBLY SPECIAL ELECTION

I am pleasantly surprised to have received the support of several individuals in the recent special election to the Lincoln Assembly, and graciously accept their votes. I congratulate Hoosier Nick on his victory, and hope to work with him in the legislature very soon.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 05:23:48 PM »

If Eharding were still eligible I'd completely endorse you Smiley
BUT HE'S NOT YUSSSS
Good luck on the election though, I'm sure you agree with me on a majority of issues.
kyc0705

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 05:37:19 PM »

If Eharding were still eligible I'd completely endorse you Smiley
BUT HE'S NOT YUSSSS
Good luck on the election though, I'm sure you agree with me on a majority of issues.

Thank you!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »

What do you make of proposal to index the minimum wage to the cost of living?
kyc0705

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 06:21:02 AM »
« Edited: April 04, 2017, 12:01:56 PM by kyc0705 »

This is the kind of thing that I would support, at least as a theoretical guiding philosophy. In any case,  I do not believe in a “one-size-fits-all” approach to the minimum wage. It should be adjusted on a sliding scale, with considerations including inflation, the cost of living, and the age of the employee in question (i.e. acknowledging that 16-year-olds will have different financial needs than 30-year-olds.)
Rjjr77
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »

Will you be another rubber stamp, as the current assembly is?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 01:40:36 PM »

This is the kind of thing that I would support, at least as a theoretical guiding philosophy. In any case,  I do not believe in a “one-size-fits-all” approach to the minimum wage. It should be adjusted on a sliding scale, with considerations including inflation, the cost of living, and the age of the employee in question (i.e. acknowledging that 16-year-olds will have different financial needs than 30-year-olds.)
Thanks! I'm not sure I agree that indexing the minimum wage to the age of the worker in question is a good idea (it seems like that would encourage companies to hire minors over adult workers, and thus decrease employment opportunities for the 30-year-olds you mention), but I appreciate the detailed response. Good luck with your campaign!
kyc0705

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 02:18:11 PM »

Thanks! I'm not sure I agree that indexing the minimum wage to the age of the worker in question is a good idea (it seems like that would encourage companies to hire minors over adult workers, and thus decrease employment opportunities for the 30-year-olds you mention), but I appreciate the detailed response. Good luck with your campaign!

Thank you! For whatever it's worth, I do not believe that the age scale would be detrimental to hiring older workers, as they are more likely to have valuable work experience going into a position.
kyc0705

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 02:21:22 PM »

I will be an active member who will exercise his right to scrutinize, debate, and discuss.
Rjjr77
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »

I will be an active member who will exercise his right to scrutinize, debate, and discuss.

youre guaranteed to get my vote if you say at some point you'll vote against the majority.

The simple fact that the assembly has only had one vote that wasn't unanimous, and it was about expanding the assembly, basically makes it a Politburo.
kyc0705

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 04:14:22 PM »

youre guaranteed to get my vote if you say at some point you'll vote against the majority.

The simple fact that the assembly has only had one vote that wasn't unanimous, and it was about expanding the assembly, basically makes it a Politburo.

Obviously I can't predict what kind of bills will come to the floor, but I will give each one its due diligence, and will not hesitate to vote against it if I feel the legislation is not in the best interest of Lincoln and its citizens.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 07:55:04 PM »

Will you write legislation as well as vote on it? And what are your opinions of the bills that the Assembly has voted on/will be voting on during the current session?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 09:16:02 PM »

Glorious news!
Rjjr77
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 10:26:25 PM »

Obviously I can't predict what kind of bills will come to the floor, but I will give each one its due diligence, and will not hesitate to vote against it if I feel the legislation is not in the best interest of Lincoln and its citizens.
Endorsed.
kyc0705

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 06:18:41 AM »

Will you write legislation as well as vote on it? And what are your opinions of the bills that the Assembly has voted on/will be voting on during the current session?

I would absolutely be open to writing legislation. As for bills that are currently being deliberated, or have been passed, I generally supported major reform packages, such as the Education Act.
kyc0705

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 06:55:57 AM »

Endorsed.

Thanks!
kyc0705

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 05:12:58 PM »

STATEMENT ON THE UPCOMING LINCOLN ASSEMBLY SPECIAL ELECTION

Upon the news of Spark498's intention to resign from the Lincoln Assembly, I hereby announce my intention to run in the special election to fill the seat.
kyc0705

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 11:04:37 PM »

STATEMENT ON THE OPENING OF THE POLLS

To my supporters, I am excited to announce that the polls for the Lincoln Assembly special election are now open! Please cast your ballot for me, and together, we can break the mold of traditional politics and create a new, pragmatic way of legislating that will benefit all citizens of Lincoln.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2017, 08:02:16 AM »

Fully endorsed and voted for. It's great to have independent, and pragmatic voices in the Assembly 
kyc0705

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2017, 08:05:27 AM »

Fully endorsed and voted for. It's great to have independent, and pragmatic voices in the Assembly 

Thank you!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies