S1: Bessell-NeverAgain Transgender Rights Act of 2017 (Tabled)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:18:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S1: Bessell-NeverAgain Transgender Rights Act of 2017 (Tabled)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S1: Bessell-NeverAgain Transgender Rights Act of 2017 (Tabled)  (Read 327 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2017, 10:41:21 PM »
« edited: March 29, 2017, 11:36:56 PM by Speaker fhtagn »

AN ACT
to recognize the reality of
transgender identity on
government documents

Section 1 (Title & Definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Bessell-NeverAgain Transgender Rights Act of 2017." It may be cited as the "Bessell-NeverAgain Act," the "Transgender Rights Act," or as "TRA."
ii. For the purposes of this Act, the "gender identity" of an individual shall refer to their actual gender, such as they themselves determine it to be.
iii. For the purposes of this Act, the "official gender" of an individual shall refer to their gender as noted on documents issued by the Southern Region or by the States thereof.

Section 2 (Protections)
i. Citizens, legal residents, and resident aliens of this Region shall have right to request their official gender be corrected to match their gender identity.
ii. The correction of an individual's official gender shall apply to all documents and forms of identification issued by the Region of the South and by the States thereof.
(a). Whenever an individual requests the correction of their official gender, their birth certificate shall be amended to list both their gender at birth and their current gender identity.
(b). The correction shall not apply to official records, other than birth certificates, made prior to the individual's request.
iii. There shall be no restriction on the number of times an individual may request the correction of their gender identity, but there will be a 6-month waiting period in between when a person may correct their identity.
iv. The correction shall take effect one (1) month following the entrance of the request.
v. No adult may request the correction of their official gender who is currently being charged with a misdemeanor or felony offense, nor who is currently incarcerated for conviction of the same. If incarcerated, they will go to whichever gender is currently their official gender.
vi. Any persons over 18, imprisoned for the above offences, shall be allowed to correct their legal gender, but shall be required to seek approval from a panel consisting of prison staff, medical professionals, and members of the parole board.
vii. Minors may still transition to their correct gender, if passing requirements set in Section 4.

Section 3 (Official Gender)
i. Persons may choose to have their official gender noted as any of the following designations:
 (a). Female (F)
 (b). Male (M)
 (c). Neutral (N)
 (d). Other (O)
 (e). Intersex (I)

Section 4 (Age and Parental/Guardian Consent)

i. At or over age 18, any person may request a change to their gender identity.
ii. For individuals under the age of 18, who desire a identity change, without one or both legal guardians approval, a guardian ad litem will be assigned to help come to a consensus opinion between them.

Section 5 (Limits and Requirements to Identity Change)
i. You must live within the Southern jurisdiction (state) where the name change petition will be filed. To file within the South, you must have lived in the region for at least six months prior to filing.
ii. Identities under the 'Other' category cannot be or be for any/all of the following:
 (a). To avoid debts and obligations.
 (b). To defraud any other person.
 (c). To capitalize on the name/identity of a famous person.
 (d). To an identity that would be intentionally confusing.
 (e). To a number or punctuation mark.
 (f). To a racial slur.
 (g). To an identity that includes threatening or obscene words, or words likely to incite violence.

sponsor: NeverAgain

*here's to hoping I did this right. Though I'm sure I'll find out rather quickly whether that is the case or not
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 10:45:32 PM »

I now open the floor for debate.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 11:03:13 PM »

Not to intrude into this debate, but you have to introduce legislation in the order it is introduced not the order you may of wanted it introduced.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 11:08:52 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2017, 11:11:33 PM by Speaker fhtagn »

My bad.

This is what I get for Atlas-ing on my phone vs my laptop.
Was difficult to read the date stamps of introduced legislation, that and sorting through which stuff was introduced already last session, and sorting through bickering in the legislation thread.

Let me try this again on a computer.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 11:11:42 PM »

I'm not sure if this is technically open for debate because it wasn't introduced in order, but I'd like to go on the record as strongly in support of this measure.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 11:14:19 PM »

My bad.

This is what I get for Atlas-ing on my phone vs my laptop.
Was difficult to read the date stamps of introduced legislation, that and sorting through which stuff was introduced already last session, and sorting through bickering in the legislation thread.

Let me try this again on a computer.
Thanks.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 11:32:22 PM »

Tabling this for when it actually comes time for this to be introduced.

Once again, I apologize for the confusion and for making the mistake.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 11:57:01 PM »

Bills have to be passed in order.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies