Cuomo gets free college up to $125K, NY 1st state to do so. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:55:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Cuomo gets free college up to $125K, NY 1st state to do so. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuomo gets free college up to $125K, NY 1st state to do so.  (Read 2093 times)
MM876
Rookie
United States

« on: April 09, 2017, 12:11:24 AM »
« edited: April 09, 2017, 01:36:56 AM by MM876 »

How progressive does he have to pretend to be before he accidentally turns himself into a progressive?

Credit where credit is due, though, if I'm not missing something this is a good step on his part. I hate to admit it, but if he keeps this up I'll keep an open mind for 2020. There's always the possibility he pulls an LBJ and for some crazy reason goes from HP to FF.
MM876
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 11:02:00 PM »

The poor were mostly paying fees and not tuition anyways, since TAP covers up to 90% of tuition but 0% of fees. So this doesn't do much for the poor.
Oh, boo hoo. Some people will never be satisfied until we have full blown Communism.

It's not about communism, it's about having an effective program. If the goal is to increasing availability of education, this is a loophole that should be examined, not dismissed. If we're trying to make education available we're probably doing it because we want a benefit from that--economic growth through providing education to low-income areas (or something like that, I'm no economist).

And if the goal behind the program is missed, the program is pointless. From your comment I doubt you like the program already, but surely you would agree that if we want to implement a program to fix a problem, we should at least try to make that program effective?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies