AL-GOV: Ivey confirms she is NOT a lesbian alcoholic
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:10:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-GOV: Ivey confirms she is NOT a lesbian alcoholic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: AL-GOV: Ivey confirms she is NOT a lesbian alcoholic  (Read 27496 times)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »

I prefer Maddox to Sue Bell Cobb, but Cobb might be more electable because she's to the right of Joe Manchin.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2017, 11:38:28 PM »

I prefer Maddox to Sue Bell Cobb, but Cobb might be more electable because she's to the right of Joe Manchin.
How is she on abortion?  I don't know if Alabama voters will be so forgiving of her if she's as pro-choice as Doug Jones, assuming her opponent hasn't committed any sex offenses or doesn't have any other type of personal scandal.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2017, 11:06:18 AM »

How is she on abortion?  I don't know if Alabama voters will be so forgiving of her if she's as pro-choice as Doug Jones, assuming her opponent hasn't committed any sex offenses or doesn't have any other type of personal scandal.

I dunno. She's really religious, but it's more of a "left-wing" religiosity (even though she herself is not very left-wing). Couldn't find anything online. I'm sure we'll find out soon.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2017, 11:20:37 AM »

I dunno. She's really religious, but it's more of a "left-wing" religiosity (even though she herself is not very left-wing). Couldn't find anything online. I'm sure we'll find out soon.
So, the American version of a "Christian Democrat"?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2017, 12:17:39 PM »

Yeah, basically. Left-leaning on fiscal issues but socially conservative.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2017, 12:31:19 PM »

Would Maddox or Cobb be more conservative?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2017, 01:22:18 PM »

Would Maddox or Cobb be more conservative?

Cobb, but it’s not like either one is Elizabeth Warren.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2017, 09:00:25 PM »

Safe R tbh. Ivey is still quite bad but looks amazing compared to the state's past GOP governors.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2017, 09:03:32 PM »

I think she's basically JBE 2.0?
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2017, 09:04:53 PM »

I think she's basically JBE 2.0?
She's a little to his right, I would say. definitely a hardcore blue dog.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2017, 09:18:02 PM »

Safe R tbh. Ivey is still quite bad but looks amazing compared to the state's past GOP governors.

Isn't Ivey popular as of now? If so, Ivey shouldn't have too much to worry about (just yet).
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2017, 12:42:48 AM »

Isn't Ivey popular as of now? If so, Ivey shouldn't have too much to worry about (just yet).
Perhaps tying her to moore could work...she said she believed his accusers but was still voting for him.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2017, 08:10:24 PM »

Completely unrelated to anything but Richard Lindsey was the grand marshal of our county’s Christmas parade tonight. Great guy! And will be missed in the legislature.
I can’t believe he’s retiring. Richard Lindsey is a fine, honorable, and decent man, which is more than can be said of most politicians.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2017, 08:28:41 PM »

Perhaps tying her to moore could work...she said she believed his accusers but was still voting for him.

I've had the same thought. Ivey's stance on Moore was, in its own right, even worse than the idiots who decried the accusers as liars - it implies that Ivey knowingly and by her own volition preferred a pedophile to a Democrat.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2018, 08:14:58 PM »

http://www.autonews.com/article/20180109/OEM/180109768/toyota-mazda-to-build-1-6-billion-plant-in-alabama-report-says

Article mostly mentions Trump, but this is likely good for Battle as well.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2018, 04:27:46 PM »

Cobb endorsed Sessions last year.  That would TANK her with black voters, which are crucial for Democrats in a state like Alabama:

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/06/democrat-sue-bell-cobb-endorses-sen-jeff-sessions-ag/96241436/

I'll be rooting for Maddox.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2018, 09:03:38 PM »

Cobb endorsed Sessions last year.  That would TANK her with black voters, which are crucial for Democrats in a state like Alabama:

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/06/democrat-sue-bell-cobb-endorses-sen-jeff-sessions-ag/96241436/

I'll be rooting for Maddox.

She's made some weird decisions. I like her, but Maddox makes more sense to me
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2018, 10:29:51 PM »

http://www.al.com/expo/ERRY-2018/02/dd41fed9af/alabama_governors_race.html

Qualifying ended the other day. State Sen. Slade Blackwell (R) entered governor race a few minutes before deadline ended.

Slade Blackwell just dropped out of the governor’s race. Since he didn’t file for re-election, he will be leaving the state senate after his term.

LOL
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »

Why do so many TV stations call their coverage “Commitment?” Doesn’t “Campaign” or “election” work?
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2018, 10:15:06 PM »

Completely unrelated to anything but Richard Lindsey was the grand marshal of our county’s Christmas parade tonight. Great guy! And will be missed in the legislature.
I can’t believe he’s retiring. Richard Lindsey is a fine, honorable, and decent man, which is more than can be said of most politicians.
He's my state rep and I know the guy who's running to replace him.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2018, 12:05:48 PM »

She is not, but if she was and there was irrefutable evidence, mark my words, this race too would become tossup. Far as I am concerned, being gay in Alabama might be worse for public image than even a pedo. I personally do not agree with this at all, but I am looking strategically at the state of Alabama, and how it would be viewed there, and what would happened, and I think there would be a giant backlash.

And this would be if she even survived the primary (she would not, and it would then return to Strong Likely R).
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2018, 01:27:41 PM »

Alabama won't care about an alcoholic, but a lesbian, yes. Though I seriously doubt the validity of both claims.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2018, 11:08:05 AM »

Reading the Bentley text messages provides a good chuckle every time.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2018, 11:27:39 AM »

If a liberal Democrat can win a general in AL, then a lesbian Republican can win a primary.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »

In a wave I could see Democrats sweeping AL/SC/TN/GA/FL but still losing AR, which would be a complete reversal of 2010.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies