Gillibrand introduced Social Security bill with Sanders in Feb - 2020 plans?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:53:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gillibrand introduced Social Security bill with Sanders in Feb - 2020 plans?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gillibrand introduced Social Security bill with Sanders in Feb - 2020 plans?  (Read 825 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2017, 01:57:33 AM »
« edited: April 09, 2017, 02:13:39 AM by Shadows »

Main Content - Lifting the cap on taxable income which will keep Social Security solvent for decades & will expand benefits.

Sanders & Gillibrand introduced it - Was Sanders' bill & Gillibrand was the lone co-sponsor.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
February 16, 2017
Mr. Sanders (for himself and Mrs. Gillibrand) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance!

Bill - S.427

Gillibrand is trying to establish herself as a strong progressive & anti-Trump force for 2020 !
RedPrometheus

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 02:09:49 AM »

I would be quite surprised at this point if Gilibrand didn't run.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 02:30:01 AM »

A Gillibrand/Sanders ticket would be very strong in theory, but all of Sanders's supporters would see it as too bottom-heavy, while the rest of the party would be wondering if we'd need a vice-vice president in waiting due to Bernie's age. Still, if they want to go for it, they'd have my vote.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 02:33:17 AM »

A Gillibrand/Sanders ticket would be very strong in theory, but all of Sanders's supporters would see it as too bottom-heavy, while the rest of the party would be wondering if we'd need a vice-vice president in waiting due to Bernie's age. Still, if they want to go for it, they'd have my vote.

Bernie Sanders would never be a VP to Gillibrand! If he is ready to serve as VP then he is ready to POTUS & in that case he will run for the primary. I don't see him losing to Gillibrand in the primary.

I would also advise Gillibrand to take on a younger Merkley. Many Bernie supporters would not accept him as VP to Gillibrand anyways.

The reverse ticket could work - Sanders/Gillibrand but I think Bernie prefers a Warren or a Merkley & he may too old for 2020, so no use speculating !
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 10:26:40 AM »

I think Gillibrand/Brown, Gillibrand/Klobuchar, or Gillibrand/Bullock would be far more likely. 
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 11:04:25 AM »

I think Gillibrand/Brown, Gillibrand/Klobuchar, or Gillibrand/Bullock would be far more likely. 

Gillibrand will probably lose anyway but I think if she is smart she should go for a strong progressive rather than a Bullock or Klobuchar type candidate because there will be severe backlash from the Sanders' wing if a Merkley or a Warren doesn't win (assuming Sanders doesn't run) & could see huge defection to Greens/3rd party.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 01:03:20 PM »

She’s also co-sponsoring the latest drug import bill:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259797.msg5590027#msg5590027

and advocating single payer health care:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261333.msg5595860#msg5595860

and co-sponsoring the new bill to eliminate tuition at public universities for families making less than $125,000:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261835.0

Oh, and she’s been more critical of Trump’s Syria attack than most other Dems, and of course, she voted against confirmation for almost all of Trump’s Cabinet.

In the BRTD mold, she seems to be trying for “all liberal, all the time”.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 01:55:46 PM »

She’s also co-sponsoring the latest drug import bill:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259797.msg5590027#msg5590027

and advocating single payer health care:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261333.msg5595860#msg5595860

and co-sponsoring the new bill to eliminate tuition at public universities for families making less than $125,000:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261835.0

Oh, and she’s been more critical of Trump’s Syria attack than most other Dems, and of course, she voted against confirmation for almost all of Trump’s Cabinet.

In the BRTD mold, she seems to be trying for “all liberal, all the time”.

This is going to make Booker look so bad in the Democratic Debate when everyone from Cuomo to Gillibrand to O Malley look super lefty - Maybe it will help him get the right wing conservative vote in the primary!
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 02:15:34 PM »

She's running.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies