Orthodox Jewish trend in 2016 election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:06:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Orthodox Jewish trend in 2016 election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Orthodox Jewish trend in 2016 election  (Read 2311 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: April 09, 2017, 09:10:50 AM »
« edited: April 09, 2017, 09:24:42 AM by Torie »

Has anyone analyzed this? I ask, because it appears that Trump took a massive hit in Orthodox Jewish precincts in Rockland County, with double digit swings against him vis a vis Romney. There also appears to be erosion in the orthodox Jewish precincts in Brooklyn.

The first map shows how the precincts voted, the second map shows the swing. In the middle of a dark red area (that blue spot in the middle that is blue because I clicked on it), when one moves down to the swing map, the zone turns blue in swing even as it voted red. The precinct I clicked swung by about 7.5 points towards Hillary from Obama.  That red zone is a Jewish orthodox area, no?

[/URL]

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 07:07:57 AM »

Beverlywood in LA, along with a few blocks on Mansfield and Orange near Beverly Blvd, and a couple of precincts in North Hollywood in Valley Village, are orthodox Jewish enclaves.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies