Bernie Sanders And Tom Perez Planning National Tour
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:00:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bernie Sanders And Tom Perez Planning National Tour
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders And Tom Perez Planning National Tour  (Read 1389 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2017, 09:37:37 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-national-tour_us_58e6f28be4b0cdad578e7a52?section=politics

This actually sounds pretty awesome and like a great thing, but more likely many here will swear off Sanders over it due to his affiliation with the SUPER EVIL Tom Perez.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 09:46:09 PM »

Bernie continues to allow the establishment to use him as a prop. First Cuomo, then Booker, now Perez. Though I guess we shouldn't expect great moral leadership after he endorsed scumbag Schumer for leadership.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:04:11 AM »

But but but Perez is a corporatist establishment DLC sellout!
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 11:10:38 AM »

Bernie continues to allow the establishment to use him as a prop. First Cuomo, then Booker, now Perez. Though I guess we shouldn't expect great moral leadership after he endorsed scumbag Schumer for leadership.

You literally just proved BRTD's point.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 11:15:33 AM »

You literally just proved BRTD's point.

BRTD has no point. Saying "I'm sure people are going to criticize this" does not invalidate said criticism.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 11:17:39 AM »

Bernie is a pragmatic politician. That much should be obvious. There's a difference between being a sellout and a pragmatist, although some people won't see it that way.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 11:19:48 AM »

Bernie is a pragmatic politician. That much should be obvious. There's a difference between being a sellout and a pragmatist, although some people won't see it that way.
Seriously I don't think Bernie cares if someone like Cuomo is doing things like free college in order to win his supporters in 2020 over he actually believes in issue as long as this issue gets passed an thus moves the dem party left
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 11:25:11 AM »

Seriously I don't think Bernie cares if someone like Cuomo is doing things like free college in order to win his supporters in 2020 over he actually believes in issue as long as this issue gets passed an thus moves the dem party left

This. Bernie is probably living it up right now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 12:10:51 PM »

...the fact that some people are even comparing Perez to Cuomo shows how ridiculous this is.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 12:13:07 PM »

...the fact that some people are even comparing Perez to Cuomo shows how ridiculous this is.
I wasn't trying to make a comparison I was saying Bernie doesn't care if the intents behind stuff like this is calculated or genuine (I think genuine Perez is liberal) as long as the party starts being more liberal
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 01:30:07 PM »

Part of the reason for this is that, now that Warren is considered "establishment" by much of the left, he's really the only person with enough street cred in his wing of the party to be worth holding a "party unity" event with. I mean, holding a rally with Raul Grijalva or Zephyr Teachout and the like might be half way there, but it would probably just lead to more accusations of them being a sellout, rather than a genuine coming-together of different ideologies and strategies.
James Monroe

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 02:12:32 PM »

Why doesn't Perez planned a tour with Hillary or the real Democratic coalition(WOC)? We literally need to cut this not Democrat out of any future party gatherings. Bernie doing more damage to our party future then many people have realized.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 02:46:46 PM »

Why doesn't Perez planned a tour with Hillary or the real Democratic coalition(WOC)? We literally need to cut this not Democrat out of any future party gatherings. Bernie doing more damage to our party future then many people have realized.

LOL. Bernie is the most well liked politician in the country.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 03:23:52 PM »

HP but it's 2017 and we have to move past the dreaded primary.

Take your own advice and grow up.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »

There's a difference between being a sellout and a pragmatist, although some people won't see it that way.
James Monroe

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 04:12:00 PM »

It's not my fault that someone who was appointed by Schumer to head Democratic outreach has spent hostile to the principles of the party. Saying Trump voters weren't racist/misogynist was the final straw in my forgiveness to Bernie and many of his supporters.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 04:29:14 PM »

It's not my fault that someone who was appointed by Schumer to head Democratic outreach has spent hostile to the principles of the party. Saying Trump voters weren't racist/misogynist was the final straw in my forgiveness to Bernie and many of his supporters.

"Hostile?"  This is a man who has the balls to compete for votes in places Democrats haven't even bothered to in years.  He's done far more for the progressive movement and the Democratic Party in recent memory than any so-called 'real Democrat' has, which is as much of a testament to Bernie's strengths as it is to the failures of the politically irrelevant joke that is the modern Democratic Party.  He is the most popular politician in the country right now and the party would be digging an even deeper hole for itself to throw him under the bus.  Even Chuckles and the other establishment cucks realize that and that is why he was put in charge of outreach.  His job is not to please you.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 09:27:52 PM »

For the record my point in posting this is to point out that Perez is not the devil incarnate.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 11:42:56 PM »

Wasn't Perez considered the most liberal person in Obama's cabinet?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 11:50:27 PM »

The hate of Perez is ridiculous.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 11:53:39 PM »

Remember, if they can't have the prize, nobody can. This is why they're still convinced the primary was rigged.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 12:10:28 AM »

Gomez supports a Single Payer & he is no longer liberal enough in CA-34. Perez has some problems, not just TPP, he is too old school, is for closed primaries, is tied to big money (acc to Sanders' supporters), etc. Overall he is better than most Democrats though.

And Perez is now the DNC Chair, he should be given a fair chance & his work should be evaluated after 2 years!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 02:17:06 AM »

Hilda Solis was the only liberal ever in Obama's cabinet.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 02:23:31 AM »

r u ok
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 02:28:16 AM »

"all TRump voters are misogynist racists! Write them off as lost causes!"

"how did we lose 2020 by the same margin? Shocked "
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies