The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:57:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
Author Topic: The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread  (Read 45877 times)
GlobeSoc
The walrus

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: June 20, 2017, 09:17:32 PM »

U Can't Handel This.

I suspect an amazing victory in GA-06 will result in Yuge Trumpmentum to pass Obamacare repeal.

Good luck getting affordable health insurance that covers your pre-existing conditions of herpes
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #676 on: June 20, 2017, 09:22:08 PM »

U Can't Handel This.

I suspect an amazing victory in GA-06 will result in Yuge Trumpmentum to pass Obamacare repeal.

Good luck getting affordable health insurance that covers your pre-existing conditions of herpes

Only losers depend on chance.

Who needs luck when you have skill, gerrymandering, a great map for the US Senate, and President Trump?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #677 on: June 20, 2017, 09:51:19 PM »

U Can't Handel This.

Only losers depend on chance.

Who needs luck when you have skill, gerrymandering, a great map for the US Senate, and President Trump?

but you? Not so much? I unxerstand the comforts of the vicarious life.

Never thought I would live to see the day an American bragged about rigging elections, though.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #678 on: June 20, 2017, 10:09:28 PM »

Never thought I would live to see the day an American bragged about rigging elections, though.

I do not think Trump or myself needs luck. Trump won with a 2-1 money disadvantage. Trump can always invoke tribal politics, and the left has no counter for their own tactics. This is like 5 time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady going after a rookie safety, and it is so good.

I do not know what election rigging means...Claire McCaskill engaged in a curious tactic known as rat****ing to ensure a desired opponent in the 2012 election. Does that count?

Barry ranted about whining about election rigging in October 2016. Shall I provide the video?
Link

Plenty of folks agree with my take!
Link
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #679 on: June 20, 2017, 10:39:10 PM »

I don't think the underlying fundamentals behind the vote change. GA 06 being what it is a disappointment but SC 05 suggests that the GOP is putting itself at risk with passing the AHCA. We'll see next week of course.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #680 on: June 20, 2017, 11:47:10 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2017, 01:43:08 AM by TD »

An alternative sketch of why this law MIGHT pass. Polarization might be pushed to an all time in American politics, thus overriding other normal factors. It's quite interesting, really. I've constantly ignored polarizaton as a factor in American politics during this time.

So, for example, Republicans in Congress might make the assumption that they're better off passing the law and motivating the Republican base to turn out in 2018. Looking at GA 06 and SC 05, they may make the conclusion it's better to put the law on the President's desk and then motivate Republicans to turn out in 2018. Republicans didn't show up in SC 05 and they need a reason to show up in 2018 (and they showed up in GA 06 through infusions of millions).

I am really skeptical whether they'd really try to attack blue collar voters in WV and KY and elsewhere with this law and phase out the Medicaid expansion and threaten the health care market to the extent this law would. But they may just assume that to push the margins up in 2018, to keep Congress, it's worth it and try to hope for the best beyond 2018.

But I don't think we should foreclose the possibility of passage. EDIT: I definitely want to see what happens next week. GA 06/SC 05 definitely introduce new variables to think about and I still think the law will fail… but I'll wait and see what wins out first, polarization or popularity.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #681 on: June 21, 2017, 05:59:00 AM »

I do not think Trump or myself needs luck. Trump won with a 2-1 money disadvantage. Trump can always invoke tribal politics, and the left has no counter for their own tactics. This is like 5 time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady going after a rookie safety, and it is so good.

I do not know what election rigging means...Claire McCaskill engaged in a curious tactic known as rat****ing to ensure a desired opponent in the 2012 election. Does that count?

Barry ranted about whining about election rigging in October 2016. Shall I provide the video?
Link

Plenty of folks agree with my take!
Link

Bragging about being ahead is not the same as not letting your opponents vote.

Are you Larry?
Eh, just like a football fan or the girl who doesn't do anything and watches VH1. It appears that all of your analogies to winning is an escape for a life that isn't going so well?

That's what a lot of the Kekistani thing is about. Its a "brand".
An alternative sketch of why this law MIGHT pass. Polarization might be pushed to an all time in American politics, thus overriding other normal factors. It's quite interesting, really. I've constantly ignored polarizaton as a factor in American politics during this time.

So, for example, Republicans in Congress might make the assumption that they're better off passing the law and motivating the Republican base to turn out in 2018. Looking at GA 06 and SC 05, they may make the conclusion it's better to put the law on the President's desk and then motivate Republicans to turn out in 2018. Republicans didn't show up in SC 05 and they need a reason to show up in 2018 (and they showed up in GA 06 through infusions of millions).

I am really skeptical whether they'd really try to attack blue collar voters in WV and KY and elsewhere with this law and phase out the Medicaid expansion and threaten the health care market to the extent this law would. But they may just assume that to push the margins up in 2018, to keep Congress, it's worth it and try to hope for the best beyond 2018.

But I don't think we should foreclose the possibility of passage. EDIT: I definitely want to see what happens next week. GA 06/SC 05 definitely introduce new variables to think about and I still think the law will fail… but I'll wait and see what wins out first, polarization or popularity.

That's what I am thinking. They may now think the Democratic leadership is toxic enough to motivate the base because of the (((Coastal Elite))) leadership of the Democrats hasn't changed beyong Harry Reid leaving and now think Democrats are not going to be a threat because they are now "passing the torch".
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #682 on: June 21, 2017, 01:10:15 PM »

Guys seriously stop responding to krazen
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #683 on: June 22, 2017, 09:36:19 AM »

So what's the dealio now?