What will be _____'s best department in the first French election round? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:51:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What will be _____'s best department in the first French election round? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What will be _____'s best department in the first French election round?  (Read 2488 times)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« on: April 16, 2017, 05:06:38 AM »
« edited: April 16, 2017, 05:16:27 AM by parochial boy »

Macron: Im going to say Ille et Vilaine. Bobos and young people in Rennes.very strong department for the liberal left

Hamon: Finistere, home turf

Melenchon: probaby Seine St Denis

Le Pen: Vaucluse, maybe Haute-Marne

Fillon: Alpes-Maritimes. Old, rich and conservative. no way will 92 be his best. Home boy Sarko only just won it. Remember that the 92 is Nanterre as wll as Neuilly sur seine.

NDA: Essonne

Lassalle: 64

Métropole only. In fact all the minor ones' probably do best in their home départements

I think it is really hard to predict how the rural left wing strongholds will split between Macron and Hamon, but judging by 2011 trends I think Mélenchon could get some big scores in the Massif Central and Pyrenees
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:57:15 AM »

I disagree that Sarthe will be Fillon's best. Remember that it voted Hollande in 2012, and that Le Mans is a strongly left wing university city. Somewhere in Alsace is a good shout, but it's too pro-EU. So I'm sticking with Alpes-Maritimes.

Write in Somme for giving a very high score to Mélenchon or Le Pen, given the whole saga over the Whirlpool factory in Amiens closing
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies