UK General Election, June 8th 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:22:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election, June 8th 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Election, June 8th 2017  (Read 208679 times)
Klartext89

« on: April 18, 2017, 05:10:08 AM »

RIP LABOUR
Klartext89

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 06:04:54 AM »

YouGov (Apr 12-13)Sad
Con - 44% (+7 on 2015)
Lab - 23% (-7)
Lib - 12% (+4)
UKIP - 10% (-3)
Nat - 6% (+1)
Grn - 4% (NC)

Labour still ahead among remain voters, but Tories miles ahead among leave voters.

Not sure how accurate it is, but according to this website that yields:

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/swingometer/2015?CON=44&LAB=23&UKIP=10&LD=12&GRN=4

Con: 395
Lab: 164
Lib: 11
SNP: 56
Plaid: 4
Green: 1
UKIP: 0

Maggies 1983 number (397) is definitely in danger, the Tory goal is 400. I would be surprised if Labour stays above 150.
Klartext89

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 07:14:19 AM »

https://twitter.com/jonkay01/status/854300093142511621

Sorry for asking, but I don't know "Brenda from Bristol" and I can't find anything about her. Who's that Lady? Why is she famous?

Klartext89

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 08:11:30 AM »

https://twitter.com/jonkay01/status/854300093142511621

Sorry for asking, but I don't know "Brenda from Bristol" and I can't find anything about her. Who's that Lady? Why is she famous?

It's a 'vox pop'. You find random members of the public and ask them about political matters. She's not famous, but she certainly will be now.

Have I Got News For You is back on Friday and I would not be surprised to see that clip in it...

Thank you, I'm waiting for Gillian Duffy to give her view asap.
Klartext89

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 11:31:24 AM »

May will not participate in TV debates. Wise decision. She would have to destroy Corbyn  in everything to even just meet expectations though that's the thing, difficult one!
Klartext89

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 02:23:01 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2017, 09:18:54 AM by Hash »

My prediction is

Torie : 397
Labour : 121 (No way this low, at least above 170)
Lib Dem: 60(they come 2nd in popular vote ), noway they come 2nd in the popular vote
SNP: 54
UKIP:11 (If they didn't get 11 seats in 2015, they ceartinly ain't this time.
Others :7

Let me laugh, oh let me laugh again no.

Conservative: 41.5% (358)
Labour: 26% (183)
Liberal Democrats: 12% (31)
UKIP: 10.5% (2)
Greens: 1.5% (1)

CON: 47% - 423 Seats
LAB 22% - 141 Seats
LibDem 15% - 15 seats
SNP 47 seats
Greens 2 Seats PC 4 Seats
NI 18 seats
Klartext89

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 08:22:31 AM »

Heil EU!
Klartext89

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 02:43:21 AM »

Well, despite May and the Tories giving a lackluster campaign Performance, I'm sure it will be at least a 350 seat result. But it really shouldn't be that close.

Tight polling is also not bad cause it will bring out the Tory and Anti-Corbyn vote, the more "not energized" and "not interested" people vote, the better for the government.

Nevertheless, with every result, whether a 100 seat majority or a hung parliament, there will be pollsters who were spot on and pollsters who will have to explain a lot...
Klartext89

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 07:16:00 AM »

What is the tipping point where Labour could start winning back some of their old heartland seats in Scotland that all went SnP in 2015

Or they deliver seats like East Renfrewshire to the Tories by splitting the anti-Tory vote.
Klartext89

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 03:53:38 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2017, 04:01:58 AM by Klartext89 »

Indeed again very funny (and totally surprising of course) that Left-Wingers cry about "racism" because Diane Abbott, who is the only person in the world who lets Maxine-Waters and Nancy Pelosi look smart, is called what she is: The most incompetent and dumb politician ever, unfit to run an ice cream store and a threat to every British citizen.

Thank god, the nightmare will be over tomorrow and for the next 5 years, Britain will prosper and get their freedom with Brexit.
Klartext89

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 04:23:32 AM »

Indeed again very funny (and totally surprising of course) that Left-Wingers cry about "racism" because Diane Abbott, who is the only person in the world who lets Maxine-Waters and Nancy Pelosi look smart, is called what she is: The most incompetent and dumb politician ever, unfit to run an ice cream store and a threat to every British citizen.

Thank god, the nightmare will be over tomorrow and for the next 5 years, Britain will prosper and get their freedom with Brexit.

I voted Leave and I don't think we'll get anything approaching prosperity; the dear people in Brussels are too smart (in a malicious kind of way) to let that happen.

There's a pearl of wisdom in German:

"hast du einen Opa dann schick ihn nach Europa"
(Do you have a grandpa, send him to Europe)

In other words: The politicians in Brussel are mostly failed ones who got to Brussel to be "out of the lights" and earn some Money before retiring forever. They aren't smart, our economic leaders are and they want a good deal. Let the EU(dSSR) talk, no one really cares.

But one thing is clear: Merkel would eat Corbyn before breakfast. This lightweight would be a joke, but I'm totally relaxed and expect a large 350 seat Tory government.
Klartext89

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 04:24:52 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2017, 04:26:50 AM by Klartext89 »

I voted Leave and I don't think we'll get anything approaching prosperity; the dear people in Brussels are too smart (in a malicious kind of way) to let that happen.

I mean, whatever you think about Brexit, it is pretty clear that Theresa May is going to be absolutely taken for a ride by the EU negotiators - she is nowhere near as capable a negotiator as they are, and has already done enough to piss of the rest of the EU to severely dent any hopes of the UK getting a good deal.

Say what you like about Corbyn, but Keir Starmer would do far better at the negotiation table than the absolutely hillarious upcoming spectacle of May, Davis, Fox and BoJo being blown away Barnier and Verhofstadt.

That's maybe the most delusional posting I have seen on Atlas. Maybe ever.

Verhofstadt and the drunken man Juncker can't even blow a balloon, hope for you that you just made fun, otherwise you should consider a doctor.
Klartext89

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 04:29:09 AM »

so much was clear from the start, that's why i didn't get how any politically educated person could think about leave as a way to growth.

The reality Shows that you're still in denial while Britain is growing thanks to the joy of Brexit. But as a follower of the EU(dSSR) superstate, I understand why you're having a hard time with Brexit ^^

Ok guys, had enough fun. Just keep on telling yourself that reality is different and get ready for the wake up call tomorrow :-D
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies