Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:39:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 73
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159713 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: November 11, 2017, 11:17:33 PM »

What amazing times we live in for an Alabama megathread to have 60+ pages, with a second thread likely needed through election day.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1501 on: November 11, 2017, 11:19:30 PM »

What amazing times we live in for an Alabama megathread to have 60+ pages, with a second thread likely needed through election day.

Can I please extend my co-ownership of this current thread to the next one? I have a very big ego.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1502 on: November 11, 2017, 11:20:31 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The only reason the Bushes are irrelevant is because they are both failed presidents. Hell, if Dubya hadn't been such a failure, Jeb Bush might be president right now.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1503 on: November 11, 2017, 11:22:45 PM »

I never even voted for Ted Kennedy, but ok.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1504 on: November 11, 2017, 11:23:14 PM »

Can I please extend my co-ownership of this current thread to the next one? I have a very big ego.

Sure, why not. Create a new one now even (and just let it go empty until needed), and when this one gets to 77 - 78 posts, PM me with the link again and I will sticky it/etc
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1505 on: November 11, 2017, 11:24:53 PM »

I never even voted for Ted Kennedy, but ok.

It just typical whataboutism.

The fact remains is that people like Arkansas are ok with having a pedophile represent them in the US Senate.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1506 on: November 11, 2017, 11:30:01 PM »

Considering how the VA-Gov thread added 50+ pages in the last two days, I wouldn't be surprised if we end going through 3 threads by December 13th Tongue
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #1507 on: November 11, 2017, 11:32:17 PM »

I actually really dislike Moore.  But I will not agree to turn the Senate over to the Democrats.

Again please do not preach morality to me when you folks elected Ted Kennedy over and over for over 40 years.  You also wanted to sneak Bill back into the White House.  I am not sure you will not try that again.

At least Republicans decked the influence pedaling Bushes. You still have to get rid of your influence pedaling Clintons. Take care of your own business.

I know we still need to get rid of the Bush grandchild in Texas.

Instinctively, I will never believe the Washington Post, a house organ of the Democrat Party, did not have the story before the primary.

I would respect my fellow Republicans a lot more if they didn't do stupid ass deflections like this.

Can we please have some morals?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1508 on: November 11, 2017, 11:39:47 PM »

Do we know if the poll Enten alluded to is the JMC one due to come out tomorrow?
Cynthia
ueutyi
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -3.63

« Reply #1509 on: November 11, 2017, 11:49:22 PM »

Martha Coakley!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1510 on: November 12, 2017, 12:14:16 AM »

Martha Coakley, if Martha Coakley had been found to have molsted teenage boys.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1511 on: November 12, 2017, 12:56:14 AM »

Expect to see a lot more of this in next year's elections.

Anyway, pretty obvious that the Senate is in play now, and that's precisely what Republican Senate candidates in some of those "red" states should emphasize in 2018. This really seems to be a cursed Senate class for the GOP.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1512 on: November 12, 2017, 12:58:41 AM »

^ The Senate is only in play if Moore actually loses, or if Phil Bredesen runs in TN. Ceiling is 50-50 otherwise; Dems don't have a strong candidate in UT and thinking TX will flip is silly.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1513 on: November 12, 2017, 01:04:06 AM »

Do we know if the poll Enten alluded to is the JMC one due to come out tomorrow?

I would guess so.

John Couvillon‏ @WinWithJMC
ALABAMA SENATE POLL: Poll release time tomorrow 11AM Central #ALSEN
9:46 PM - 11 Nov 2017

Justin Godfrey‏ @justingodfrey4
Replying to @WinWithJMC
Is it going to be interesting?
9:47 PM - 11 Nov 2017

John Couvillon‏ @WinWithJMC
Replying to @justingodfrey4
9:48 PM - 11 Nov 2017

https://twitter.com/WinWithJMC/status/929541424080719872
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1514 on: November 12, 2017, 01:11:10 AM »

^ The Senate is only in play if Moore actually loses, or if Phil Bredesen runs in TN. Ceiling is 50-50 otherwise; Dems don't have a strong candidate in UT and thinking TX will flip is silly.

Not really, no. UT and MS could certainly become competitive, maybe TX as well (though that is unlikely). And the average voter is not a political junkie, lol.

So the literal city councilwoman that dems are nominating in Utah is going to beat Hatch/Romney? ROFL
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1515 on: November 12, 2017, 01:14:42 AM »

Harry Enten of 538 says Doug will lead in new poll tomorrow :

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/929551200361607168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.democraticunderground.com%2F10029833091
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1516 on: November 12, 2017, 01:16:11 AM »

Not really, no. UT and MS could certainly become competitive, maybe TX as well (though that is unlikely). And the average voter is not a political junkie, lol.

So the literal city councilwoman that dems are nominating in Utah is going to beat Hatch/Romney? ROFL

If Hatch retires and Romney runs, it's over. But if Hatch runs again, all bets are off, because he's even less popular with the Utah base than Trump was last year.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1517 on: November 12, 2017, 02:27:42 AM »

When I get back home I’m going to teach you a history lesson,ALL of this stuff I’m posting will be facts I have learned from volunteering for the National park service as a costume history interpreter.

This is the best satire account ever
Want to know something I volunteer at fort Vancouver in Vancouver Washington and yes it’s a national park. In the 1820s-1860s the men who could read and write who were clerks they didn’t get married till they were 35-45 years old! They marrying young girls as young as 12! Roy Moore was not 40 dating 12-16 year olds he was dating 17-23 yearolds when he was 29-38. Moore has done nothing wrong yet!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1518 on: November 12, 2017, 02:28:49 AM »

I actually really dislike Moore.  But I will not agree to turn the Senate over to the Democrats.
Could be Atticus Finch (D) vs Jeffrey Dahmer (R), it don't matter to this enlightened soul!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1519 on: November 12, 2017, 02:31:22 AM »

When I get back home I’m going to teach you a history lesson,ALL of this stuff I’m posting will be facts I have learned from volunteering for the National park service as a costume history interpreter.

Want to know something I volunteer at fort Vancouver in Vancouver Washington and yes it’s a national park. In the 1820s-1860s the men who could read and write who were clerks they didn’t get married till they were 35-45 years old! They marrying young girls as young as 12! Roy Moore was not 40 dating 12-16 year olds he was dating 17-23 yearolds when he was 29-38. Moore has done nothing wrong yet!

APPEAL TO HISTORY IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR EXPLOITING AND SEXUALLY ABUSING YOUNG, VULNERABLE GIRLS

APPEAL TO HISTORY IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR EXPLOITING AND SEXUALLY ABUSING YOUNG, VULNERABLE GIRLS

Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1520 on: November 12, 2017, 02:34:42 AM »

Listen I agree it’s extremely odd that at fort Vancouver 40 year old men were hooking up with 14 year olds.
Okay but here is a serious question if you’re 17 and you marry or date a 30 year old man does that offend you?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1521 on: November 12, 2017, 02:42:42 AM »

Yes? There's a reason why these older men date teenagers; they are creepy and seek power and affirmation by exploiting girls who do not know better or are unable to act because that man holds a position of power (cough cough ROY F[INKS]ING MOORE the assistant DA cough cough). Women these men's ages won't date them, so these men go and prey on young girls.

Also, don't try to lie and make it seem like Moore was dating women 17-23. He was dating women aged 16, 17, and 18. He initiated sexual contact with a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL. He was preying on these young girls BECAUSE he knew they wouldn't be able to do anything about, or know to do something about it.

I don't understand why you are trying to protect a man who used his age, power, and status in the community to manipulate and exploit teenagers for his own sexual pleasure.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1522 on: November 12, 2017, 02:45:31 AM »

Greedo to the police: "Actually, it's hebephilia! Not pedophilia!"
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1523 on: November 12, 2017, 02:47:14 AM »

Can we please not bother replying to Greedo? It's clear he and Arkansas Yankee have no real problem with child molesters in the US Senate, so let it be.

We have reached Peak Greedo, just put him on ignore and he's been essentially defending pedophilia here.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1524 on: November 12, 2017, 02:49:41 AM »

Can we please not bother replying to Greedo? It's clear he and Arkansas Yankee have no real problem with child molesters in the US Senate, so let it be.

We have reached Peak Greedo, just put him on ignore and he's been essentially defending pedophilia here.
Dude if the stuff with the 14 year old gets comfirmed then I will not support Moore but right now we’re false accusing him.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies