Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:14:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159696 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: November 13, 2017, 03:26:23 PM »

It'd be the best forgery I've ever seen.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1651 on: November 13, 2017, 03:28:38 PM »

Courtesy of Josh Barro:

Moore's signature now.

Message from 1977.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1652 on: November 13, 2017, 03:31:25 PM »

This is when the cookie crumbled.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1653 on: November 13, 2017, 03:32:33 PM »

The signature is damning.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1654 on: November 13, 2017, 03:33:04 PM »

Moore down to .43 on PredictIt. Jones is favored now. Strange back up to .13.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #1655 on: November 13, 2017, 03:33:16 PM »

I think we all owe the "SJWs" an apology. They were onto something with their complaints about a Rape Culture.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1656 on: November 13, 2017, 03:33:28 PM »

The Bible may not have specified age restrictions on romantic and sexual relationships, but it does have a commandment that states: Thou shalt not lie. Or will the Evangelicals defending him explicitly disregard the 10 Commandments now too?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1657 on: November 13, 2017, 03:35:51 PM »

The Bible may not have specified age restrictions on romantic and sexual relationships, but it does have a commandment that states: Thou shalt not lie. Or will the Evangelicals defending him explicitly disregard the 10 Commandments now too?

He actually didn't deny dating or approaching young girls in his early 30s when asked explicitly about it on Hannity. He just deflected and made non-denial denials.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1658 on: November 13, 2017, 03:36:06 PM »

Who was the poor guy here that put $500 on Moore? Jesus.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1659 on: November 13, 2017, 03:38:03 PM »

PredictIt is good for trading, not actually holding to redemption. Holding to redemption is essentially gambling unless you're an insider with more information than the rest of the market. If you put $500 on Moore when he was in the 50s and sold when he was in the 60s, that'd be good trading.

If you want to make money on this election, you should be trading Strange.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1660 on: November 13, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »

Oh I'll be ecstatic if I lose that money
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1661 on: November 13, 2017, 03:40:10 PM »

I think we all owe the "SJWs" an apology. They were onto something with their complaints about a Rape Culture.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1662 on: November 13, 2017, 03:41:58 PM »

I doubt that McConnell really believes the accusers, but it is the necessary thing to say for reasons of optics. If Moore gets elected, he will take his seat and be a regular member of the Republican caucus.

Yep. You saw the same cowardice with these Republican clowns throwing Trump under the bus after Access Hollywood only to kiss the ground that he walks on after he became President. They'll do the same with Moore and say the same PC talking points (he should step aside, I believe the women, this is very disturbing, etc.) but once he wins, they'll just go on like it was Tuesday.

Disagree.  I'd say it's very possible that Moore is expelled from the Senate, because it's a relatively "free vote" for Republican Senators.  Most of the constituents of Lamar Alexander or Cory Gardner or Roy Blunt or whoever don't care about Moore.  Many probably don't even know who he is.  So it's not the same as if they were to vote to remove Trump from office, because their voters care a lot more about Trump than Moore.

And removing Moore means that he's replaced by another interim Republican Senator, who's probably going to play ball with them more than Moore does.

Sure, once a second special election is held, Moore could just run in that one too.  But it's not clear at all that he'd win a GOP primary re-do now that this stuff is out.  Republican voters are sticking with him now because the alternative choice is a Democrat.  But in a primary, that wouldn't be the case.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1663 on: November 13, 2017, 03:46:32 PM »

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1664 on: November 13, 2017, 03:58:34 PM »

The sad thing is that it takes these kind of allegations to even threaten Moore's chances, which isn't even enough to guarantee he'll lose. His actions in the past defending racist parts of the Alabama constitution or ties to birtherism alone should have disqualified him.
swf541

« Reply #1665 on: November 13, 2017, 04:03:38 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1666 on: November 13, 2017, 04:13:50 PM »

The sad thing is that it takes these kind of allegations to even threaten Moore's chances, which isn't even enough to guarantee he'll lose. His actions in the past defending racist parts of the Alabama constitution or ties to birtherism alone should have disqualified him.

Agreed. That's a clear indication how polarized we have become and how much everybody is living in their bubbles / echo chambers. At least speaking for those who still support Moore.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1667 on: November 13, 2017, 04:15:09 PM »

John Cornyn has pulled his support from Moore:

This leaves just Cruz and Paul.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1668 on: November 13, 2017, 04:16:41 PM »

Watch Cruz stick with him until the end. I legitimately wouldn't be surprised if he's guilty of the same shenanigans as Moore.

In any case, I think the ball might finally be in Jones' court. The signature is a fatal blow.
DFL

« Reply #1669 on: November 13, 2017, 04:24:37 PM »

Watch Cruz stick with him until the end. I legitimately wouldn't be surprised if he's guilty of the same shenanigans as Moore.

In any case, I think the ball might finally be in Jones' court. The signature is a fatal blow.

If this signature doesn't end it for Moore...
I want to think Lean D, but don't know how many minds the signature will change.
EnglishPete

« Reply #1670 on: November 13, 2017, 04:29:02 PM »

Very dramatic. And after that, of course, the Iraqi soldiers came into the hospital, they took the babies out of the incubators and left them to die on the cold floor.

I wonder did he twiddle his mustache after that and say MWHAHAHAHA!

If Juanita Broderrick had said this none of you would have believed her.

What about...what about... What about ... What about... What about... What about... What about... What about...

This is despicable. Unfriended.

What about nothing. As I wrote on another thread I was already highly skeptical of this story in large part due to the pattern of behaviour in the accusation about molesting a 14 year old was so very different from the pattern of behaviour described in the other three cases. But at least in that case the story about the 14 year old could be considered a believable molestation story, if viewed in isolation.

In this case not only is the MO dramatically different from the stories of dating young women in their late teens its also dramatically different from the molestation of a 14 year old story.  And dramatic is indeed the word. It reads like a passage of bad fiction in a trashy novel. If you believe this BS then you're an idiot.

The uniparty establishment have obviously come to the conclusion the pointing and shrieking 'racist' at people they don't like isn't working as well as it used to so they're pointing and shrieking 'pedo'.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1671 on: November 13, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »

Very dramatic. And after that, of course, the Iraqi soldiers came into the hospital, they took the babies out of the incubators and left them to die on the cold floor.

What about...what about... What about ... What about... What about... What about... What about... What about...

What about nothing. As I wrote on another thread I was already highly skeptical of this story in large part due to the pattern of behaviour in the accusation about molesting a 14 year old was so very different from the pattern of behaviour described in the other three cases. But at least in that case the story about the 14 year old could be considered a believable molestation story, if viewed in isolation.

In this case not only is the MO dramatically different from the stories of dating young women in their late teens its also dramatically different from the molestation of a 14 year old story.  And dramatic is indeed the word. It reads like a passage of bad fiction in a trashy novel. If you believe this BS then you're an idiot.

The uniparty establishment have obviously come to the conclusion the pointing and shrieking 'racist' at people they don't like isn't working as well as it used to so they're pointing and shrieking 'pedo'.

Why did he write that note in her yearbook, then?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1672 on: November 13, 2017, 04:32:41 PM »

So Putin's supporting Roy Moore?  Can't say I'm surprised.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1673 on: November 13, 2017, 04:36:16 PM »

This guy from the UK is more plugged into the opinions of Alabama voters than 90% of Americans here are, lol.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1674 on: November 13, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »

Senator Gardner says if he wins the Senate should expel him:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Moore getting expelled from the Senate would be the perfect capstone to his career in "public service."
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies