Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:23:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 73
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 158470 times)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: October 12, 2017, 11:56:50 AM »

I dont think this race is winnable, but Moore should be embarrassed he's not crushing Jones.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #751 on: October 12, 2017, 12:18:35 PM »

I mean not that I like Moore, but what does a Senate's candidate adult son getting arrested have anything to do with the party at large?

It's more the hypocrisy that tends to come out from the GOP. Poor people who defraud benefits are scum who ought to starve, but rich Republicans engaging in bribery is fine and GOP primary voters don't bat an eye. Abortion is murder and pregnant women should die rather than have one, but Republican politicians can encourage mistresses and daughters to get abortions and it's no problemo.

At the core of this is the fact that Republican law and order rhetoric is mostly a racist vendetta against ethnic minorities, while as long as the perpetrator is white they're fine with all sorts of crime being forgiven and running away from legal principles.

That's insane. Are you sure that you guys aren't the racist ones for insinuating that this law and order rhetoric focuses on minorities?
What’s the outcome of ‘law and order’ exactly?

Why are black drug users disproportionately represented in our prison system when drug use is the same for blacks and whites?

Your idea of law and order is colored by your background and your interactions with law enforcement. Different communities do not get the benefit of that doubt that you and I get.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #752 on: October 12, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »

I mean not that I like Moore, but what does a Senate's candidate adult son getting arrested have anything to do with the party at large?

It's more the hypocrisy that tends to come out from the GOP. Poor people who defraud benefits are scum who ought to starve, but rich Republicans engaging in bribery is fine and GOP primary voters don't bat an eye. Abortion is murder and pregnant women should die rather than have one, but Republican politicians can encourage mistresses and daughters to get abortions and it's no problemo.

At the core of this is the fact that Republican law and order rhetoric is mostly a racist vendetta against ethnic minorities, while as long as the perpetrator is white they're fine with all sorts of crime being forgiven and running away from legal principles.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Gustaf...

Uh, it's not even remotely surprising that you would agree with what he just typed...?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #753 on: October 13, 2017, 03:53:37 AM »

That's insane. Are you sure that you guys aren't the racist ones for insinuating that this law and order rhetoric focuses on minorities?

Lol. This really went over your head didn't it? I guess you got too triggered to think competently. Tongue
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #754 on: October 13, 2017, 04:25:26 PM »

Cashew
United States

« Reply #755 on: October 14, 2017, 04:12:07 PM »

lol

How else can you explain the inconsistency regarding crack and heroin addicts?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #756 on: October 16, 2017, 03:10:38 AM »

Why would the same people who stuck with Moore (or Trump, or...) through the countless stuff way more horrible and outrageous than this be moved by it? The answer is they won't be.

Dems obviously have no chance here (sane). The only intrigue is Moore's victory margin.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #757 on: October 16, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »

I mean given that one of their Congressmen jumped and started pounding another man’s face before the election, the Republicans can’t be said to care about the law.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #758 on: October 17, 2017, 05:07:58 PM »

Fox News Freedom Poll

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #759 on: October 17, 2017, 05:10:45 PM »

Outlier until we get confirmation.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #760 on: October 17, 2017, 05:10:53 PM »

Trump's approval rating is only +1 in Alabama according to the poll and it's only RV.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #761 on: October 17, 2017, 05:11:35 PM »

Fox also says with likely voters jones is up 1 point
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #762 on: October 17, 2017, 05:11:56 PM »

Like I said I The VA thread - throw in the average.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #763 on: October 17, 2017, 05:12:22 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/17/fox-news-poll-alabama-senate-race-all-tied-up.html
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #764 on: October 17, 2017, 05:12:26 PM »

I will lol if D's win AL, but lose VA.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #765 on: October 17, 2017, 05:12:28 PM »

Probably true, but nevertheless....wow.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #766 on: October 17, 2017, 05:12:50 PM »

I will lol if D's win AL, but lose VA.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #767 on: October 17, 2017, 05:18:39 PM »

Trump's Approval is not 48-47 in Alabama.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #768 on: October 17, 2017, 05:20:36 PM »

Moore is leading by 5-10 probably
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #769 on: October 17, 2017, 05:21:09 PM »

Trump's Approval is not 48-47 in Alabama.

You're right.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #770 on: October 17, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »

Elections for governor are just different.  They can be uncorrelated with the national environment or the state's partisan lean. 

VA-GOV 2013 went the complete opposite way of the 2014 midterms, same thing with VA-GOV 2001 and the 2002 midterms.  And VA-GOV 2005 was a Dem winning by basically the exat same margin as 2001.  That leaves only the McDonnell landslide in VA-GOV 2009 and the 2010 GOP wave midterm that remotely match.  It's not well correlated.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #771 on: October 17, 2017, 05:53:40 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2017, 05:59:13 PM by Mr.Phips »

Elections for governor are just different.  They can be uncorrelated with the national environment or the state's partisan lean.  

VA-GOV 2013 went the complete opposite way of the 2014 midterms, same thing with VA-GOV 2001 and the 2002 midterms.  And VA-GOV 2005 was a Dem winning by basically the exat same margin as 2001.  That leaves only the McDonnell landslide in VA-GOV 2009 and the 2010 GOP wave midterm that remotely match.  It's not well correlated.

There were a couple of situations that made 2001 and 2013 non-predictive of the next midterm.

In 2001, 9/11 basically froze the political environment to where it was prior to 9/11 with Warner leading.  Rove was not yet able to nationalize the elections around terrorism.  

In 2013, you had the government shutdown that briefly made the environment pro-Dem until the healthcare website issue turned it back to Republicans, which didn't happen quite early enough to swing the race to Cuccinelli.  

Other than those years, the VA GOV race is a pretty good predictor of the lean of the next midterm.  You could argue that Gilmore's win in 1997 should have led to 1998 being a good GOP year, but I would argue that Gilmore's win was more a function of the pro-incumbent environment (Gilmore basically ran as George Allen's clone) that continued through the 1998 election (the most pro-incumbent year in both Houses other than 1988).  
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #772 on: October 17, 2017, 07:07:50 PM »

Does Fox News do their own polls?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #773 on: October 17, 2017, 07:23:11 PM »

They use an outside pollster, usually either Opinion Dynamics or (as in this case) a joint operation by Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R).  Their poll results have generally been pretty good.  538 gives Fox/Opinion Dynamics a B rating with an R+0.5 bias, and the Anderson Robbins/Shaw combo an A with a D+0.4.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #774 on: October 17, 2017, 08:29:32 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2017, 12:36:59 PM by Virginia »

DOUG JONES IS TIED WITH ROY MOORE HE'S ACTUALLY GONNA PULL A SCOTT BROWN PRAISE JESUS
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies