Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:29:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 73
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 157076 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: October 18, 2017, 11:27:02 PM »

^ Off-Topic, but you seem to be saying that something like 80% or 90% of Trump supporters are deplorables. That's beyond silly. Mainstream Republicans who endorsed Trump like Pat Toomey, Chuck Grassley, Paul Ryan, Rick Perry, etc. may not exactly be your cup of tea, but they're hardly "deplorables", at least not in the sense Hillary was using that term, and they exist in large numbers across the country. Trump's 46% probably breaks down something like this:

~22% Deplorables (in the sense Hillary used the term - outright racists and sexists who display it proudly)
~20% Mainstream Republicans who supported Trump because they just always vote republican - no racism. Not saying this group is winnable for dems - but they don't fit in with the deplorables.
~4% People who couldn't decide right up until the end, and held their nose for Trump.

It's also silly to move literally 100% of the "not sure" into the approve column. No Presidential Approval Poll ever has 100% saying yes or no, unless they take that option out of the poll. There's always 2-4% of the country who literally is living under a rock and knows literally nothing about politics. It's silly to place them in either category.

Your middle group doesn't exist. That they're in denial about their own xenophobia, bigotry, etc doesn't mean it isn't the prime motivator for their votes. All the rest is just rationalizing.

The GOP consists of a huge herd of carefully cultivated deplorables, and a small percentage of amoral capitalists. The only faction to truly break from Trump were the fraction of amoral capitalists (roughly half, I'd guess) who think he's going to burn their capitalist utopia down around them.

The Dems are only better in that they lack a Trump, and have failed to induce quite so much unthinking ignorance as the GOP (although they're moving that way with identity politics).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #801 on: October 19, 2017, 12:15:15 AM »

If only anyone cared what Bill Kristol thinks.

Has anyone gotten David French's take yet? lol
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #802 on: October 19, 2017, 01:44:43 AM »

You've really changed from last year. You used to be optimistic about dems everywhere except OK, KY, WV - and those 3 were understandable since you hate coal. Now you've taken an amazingly pessimistic take on anything to do with the democratic party.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #803 on: October 19, 2017, 01:45:17 AM »

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/452760/conservatives-guide-2017-2018-nba-season

Here's a horrible NRO piece on basketball in which David French calls Roy Moore, "Crazy enough to win, crazy enough to lose.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #804 on: October 19, 2017, 02:52:49 AM »

You've really changed from last year. You used to be optimistic about dems everywhere except OK, KY, WV - and those 3 were understandable since you hate coal. Now you've taken an amazingly pessimistic take on anything to do with the democratic party.

One thing I've been very consistent on is Bill Kristol's irrelevance. Just look at my posts in this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=237743.25
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #805 on: October 19, 2017, 03:01:56 AM »

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/452760/conservatives-guide-2017-2018-nba-season

Here's a horrible NRO piece on basketball in which David French calls Roy Moore, "Crazy enough to win, crazy enough to lose.

Haha, nice. I wasn't actually expecting a reply to that rhetorical.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #806 on: October 19, 2017, 09:51:15 AM »

Can we at least make the title punnier?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #807 on: October 19, 2017, 09:55:47 AM »

Getting tricksy in the Heart of Dixie?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #808 on: October 19, 2017, 09:58:57 AM »

Getting tricksy in the Heart of Dixie?

Well, I just meant the thing I did in my post. Tongue
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #809 on: October 19, 2017, 10:21:55 AM »

I'll try.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #810 on: October 19, 2017, 11:42:27 AM »

OK, the new one is really funny.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #811 on: October 19, 2017, 03:24:54 PM »

I would be pretty shocked if Doug Jones pulled this off, but I think Moore was by far the most vulnerable Republican of the primary candidates. He only won his last SC race by like 3% which is an utter embarrassment in a state as red as Alabama.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #812 on: October 20, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »

Moore stands up for another cherished American value: not paying your taxes.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #813 on: October 20, 2017, 05:24:25 PM »

Very sad to see wannabe war criminal Bill Kristol being given a voice. I hope Jones disavows his endorsement.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #814 on: October 20, 2017, 06:26:34 PM »

Very sad to see wannabe war criminal Bill Kristol being given a voice. I hope Jones disavows his endorsement.

If you are expecting left wing partisanship in Alabama, then I have a bridge to sell you in Alaska.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #815 on: October 20, 2017, 08:00:17 PM »

If you are expecting left wing partisanship in Alabama, then I have a bridge to sell you in Alaska.

Wow, really? A whole bridge???

fr tho Jones should disavow the endorsement just because no one likes Bill Kristol/ the DC never trump nerds, not because he wants to kill millions of people for his abstract failed notion of American empire.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #816 on: October 20, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »

Wow, really? A whole bridge???

fr tho Jones should disavow the endorsement just because no one likes Bill Kristol/ the DC never trump nerds, not because he wants to kill millions of people for his abstract failed notion of American empire.

As others have pointed out, Kristol didn't actually endorse Jones by name; he's just been vociferously anti-Moore.  So there really isn't anything for Jones to disavow.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #817 on: October 20, 2017, 08:26:12 PM »

Doug Jones: "with the exception of college football, there is a hesitance to say you are from Alabama"

[url][http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/10/20/doug-jones-exception-college-football-theres-hesitancy-say-im-alabama//url]
swf541

« Reply #818 on: October 21, 2017, 08:31:44 AM »

Doug Jones: "with the exception of college football, there is a hesitance to say you are from Alabama"

[url][http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/10/20/doug-jones-exception-college-football-theres-hesitancy-say-im-alabama//url]

True comment, similar one could be said for west virginia minus the football
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #819 on: October 21, 2017, 10:16:37 AM »

I don't think this hurts Jones. If anything it reinforces his message of "Moore is embarrassing".
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #820 on: October 21, 2017, 03:32:55 PM »

That could easily hurt Jones. People tend to take pride in the state they live in.

Jones has such little room to mess up.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #821 on: October 21, 2017, 03:43:56 PM »

Massive FF!

So true. Smiley
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #822 on: October 21, 2017, 03:50:12 PM »

Massive FF!

So true. Smiley

I would be extremely proud to be from either state.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #823 on: October 21, 2017, 03:54:50 PM »

That could easily hurt Jones. People tend to take pride in the state they live in.

I think the only people likely to care very much about this are already planning to vote for Moore.
Hydera

« Reply #824 on: October 21, 2017, 05:22:09 PM »

I think the only people likely to care very much about this are already planning to vote for Moore.

I hate the double standard where republicans can get away with saying their country/state is terrible and we can do better. But if a democrat does it its automatically a travesty.

Heck Trump said the people of Iowa were stupid because cruz won and they voted for him by a sizable margin in the general election.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies