Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:52:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159594 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: September 13, 2017, 10:37:47 AM »
« edited: September 13, 2017, 10:40:24 AM by Santander »

Bret Baier doesn't want to give Jones any leverage. If Strange was safe in the primary, I could see Baier bringing up ExecutionGate to laugh at Moore even more, but given that there is a significant risk of Moore being nominated, representatives of the GOP must avoid criticizing him to avoid helping Jones gain support.
Bret Baier isn't exactly a "representative of the GOP".  According to a Harvard study, his show is virtually right down the middle- 51% anti-Trump and 49% pro-Trump (which makes it the most right-wing flagship telecast, but it is ever so slightly left-leaning).

Special Report has always been a favorite of anti-Trump "Republicans". To call it left-leaning, even slightly, is hyperbole. It's a fair and serious, but center-right show that attracts a center-right audience.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »

The problem for Moore is that while amping up the alt-right, neo-nazi, ultra-conservative sector might get him a narrow runoff victory, it also gives plenty of ammunition to Jones for the general. Jones meanwhile has no clear gaffes yet and doesn't have significant baggage.

Not for Alabama, if anything that's a pro for Moore. Also prosecuting and jailing KKK members in Alabama is probably baggage in such a backwards state.

Uh, no it isn't. Alabamians are not proud of their state's past associaton with the Klan and hate them.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 03:53:36 PM »

Biden heading to Alabama for Doug Jones:

Ben Jacobs‏ @Bencjacobs
INBOX: Joe Biden to hold rally with Doug Jones in Birmingham, Alabama on October 3

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/910601880732094465

They're going to put y'all back in chains!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 05:56:58 PM »

The only way Jones can win is if Moore comes out as a black transgender lesbian in whiteface.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »

Wasting money on Alabama is criminal...if it were a gubernatorial race fine, but no Dem is getting sent to Congress from this state.

Republican strategists said the same thing about Massachusetts in 2010.

Scott Brown was one of the most talented politicians of his generation.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 07:47:50 PM »

Mark Green from Tennessee and Chris McDaniel from Mississippi are at the Roy Moore/Steve Bannon rally if that is telling for 2018. Paul Nehlen as well.

Gorka and Farage are there too.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 08:10:03 PM »

I mean, he ain't wrong.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 11:00:34 AM »

Southern populism and conservatism were never, ever meant to be on the same side.  Glad you guys are finally realizing it.

Corruption and incompetence are conservative values?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 01:30:09 PM »

Southern populism and conservatism were never, ever meant to be on the same side.  Glad you guys are finally realizing it.

I HATE that Steve Bannon is supporting from Roy Moore because it detracts from Moore's message and makes people equate him with Bannonist factions.

-Moore's base is deeply religious, pro-life, very conservative on issues of family, marriage, and sexuality, and generally votes on Christian conservative values

-Bannon's base is largely irreligious, many pro-abortion for eugenic reasons, indifferent to liberal on issues of marriage and sexuality, and generally vote on restricting trade and stopping immiration.

We Moore Republicans are not the Bannon Republicans, and I wish people would stop making that false comparison!

You do realize that Bannon's ideology fits North Alabama almost perfectly?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 03:29:58 PM »

claims that "Western civilization" is superior
Of course it is.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 10:02:11 AM »

I mean not that I like Moore, but what does a Senate's candidate adult son getting arrested have anything to do with the party at large?

It's more the hypocrisy that tends to come out from the GOP. Poor people who defraud benefits are scum who ought to starve, but rich Republicans engaging in bribery is fine and GOP primary voters don't bat an eye. Abortion is murder and pregnant women should die rather than have one, but Republican politicians can encourage mistresses and daughters to get abortions and it's no problemo.

At the core of this is the fact that Republican law and order rhetoric is mostly a racist vendetta against ethnic minorities, while as long as the perpetrator is white they're fine with all sorts of crime being forgiven and running away from legal principles.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Gustaf...
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 03:50:12 PM »

Doug Jones: "with the exception of college football, there is a hesitance to say you are from Alabama"

[url][http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/10/20/doug-jones-exception-college-football-theres-hesitancy-say-im-alabama//url]

Massive FF!

Doug Jones: "with the exception of college football, there is a hesitance to say you are from Alabama"

[url][http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/10/20/doug-jones-exception-college-football-theres-hesitancy-say-im-alabama//url]

True comment, similar one could be said for west virginia minus the football

So true. Smiley

I would be extremely proud to be from either state.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »

This is because people have been browbeaten into hiding their true views, except in the privacy of the voting booth. The real percentage of approval for white-black miscegenation among whites is probably 75%, tops.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 10:39:43 AM »

Even in that survey, only 84% of whites approved. If the question was asked in the privacy of a voting booth, I guarantee you it would not be that high.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 12:57:10 PM »

I knew something scandalous from Moore's past would surface. I hope he wins now more than ever so that it proves how deplorable the voters are.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 01:09:11 PM »

Wow!  I had given Jones no more than a 10% chance of an upset, but this could change everything.

Yeah, his chances are no more than 5% now.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 01:24:51 PM »

Middle America already proved how misogynistic it was last year, so a bunch of Christians electing a child rapist is really nothing remarkable.

Alleged molester, not rapist.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 01:36:33 PM »

The devil made him do it. Thank God Moore found Jesus Christ just in the nick of time.

Meanwhile, Moore would probably support the death penalty for a black teenager caught with a bag of weed.

Slavery is still legal as punishment for a crime. Why not that?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 01:52:08 PM »

I’m calling fake news on this story,IF this were true then why didn’t these women come out and reveal this back in 2000 or 2012 or before the primary during the runoff oh right because it’s fake news!

I'm glad you posted. It's important for the forum to see how a majority of Alabama voters will view this story.

This is the unironic truth.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 02:06:31 PM »

I just dropped $500 on Roy Moore on PredictIt. I'm gonna get rich

While I don't doubt this is Moore's race to lose, I'd be too afraid of Martha Coakely the redux to drop that kind of money.

I mean, I hope I'm wrong. But I'm of the belief that Moore could rape  a child on television or hold a Klan rally and he'd have a 100% chance at winning

Just about the only thing he could do that would hurt his chances is if he came out as gay.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 02:08:53 PM »

I think this might actually be the career-ender for Moore. If Gianforte had been hit with Assaultgate this far out in the special election, he would've been DOA, too.

No. These are the kinds of people Republicans support. Assaulting a liberal reporter is not viewed negatively. Personal morals don't matter as long as it makes liberals mad.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »

I’m calling fake news on this story,IF this were true then why didn’t these women come out and reveal this back in 2000 or 2012 or before the primary during the runoff oh right because it’s fake news!

Did you even read the article?

He did not.
Yes I read the article I’m not understanding why they (WAITED) 40 years to reveal this that’s why it seems like BS fake news.
One of the victim children were still in school she did not want to disrupt them from having a childhood. Be considerate and leave the partisan defense alone for once.
The people are that hackish. It's not terribly hyperbolic to say that Roy Moore could molest a minor on live TV and Republicans would dismiss it as fake.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 02:23:41 PM »

This is not the sort of issue that just goes away.

He's already been forgiven by Jesus Christ, and that's all that matters. Who are you to judge?

Let's not go there. Wink
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2017, 02:46:06 PM »

I love how it's always the "Shoot the gays" Family Values candidate who ends up being a disgusting perv. The wisest decision the RNC could do right now, especially since it is run by a woman, is to disavow Moore and to call him to step aside. It would look incredibly bad for them if they continued to back him.
lol please, she's not a real woman.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 03:50:51 PM »

I still endorse Roy Moore. (R)
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies