Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:06:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159616 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: September 15, 2017, 11:04:32 AM »

Bret Baier doesn't want to give Jones any leverage. If Strange was safe in the primary, I could see Baier bringing up ExecutionGate to laugh at Moore even more, but given that there is a significant risk of Moore being nominated, representatives of the GOP must avoid criticizing him to avoid helping Jones gain support.
Bret Baier isn't exactly a "representative of the GOP".  According to a Harvard study, his show is virtually right down the middle- 51% anti-Trump and 49% pro-Trump (which makes it the most right-wing flagship telecast, but it is ever so slightly left-leaning).

Special Report has always been a favorite of anti-Trump "Republicans". To call it left-leaning, even slightly, is hyperbole. It's a fair and serious, but center-right show that attracts a center-right audience.

Come on, man.  Can't be putting "Republicans" in quotes like that to describe people who don't go around saying they identify as Democrats like you, LOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 10:57:35 AM »

Southern populism and conservatism were never, ever meant to be on the same side.  Glad you guys are finally realizing it.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 11:42:49 AM »

Southern populism and conservatism were never, ever meant to be on the same side.  Glad you guys are finally realizing it.

Corruption and incompetence are conservative values?

1) Demonstrate how McConnell is corrupt and incompetent.  I won't dispute the claims if you articulate how.

2) No, but the rejection of mindless populism and insighting jealousy toward those with more than you (be that knowledge, education, talent, money, whatever) absolutely are inherently at odds with conservatism.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »

I mean not that I like Moore, but what does a Senate's candidate adult son getting arrested have anything to do with the party at large?

It's more the hypocrisy that tends to come out from the GOP. Poor people who defraud benefits are scum who ought to starve, but rich Republicans engaging in bribery is fine and GOP primary voters don't bat an eye. Abortion is murder and pregnant women should die rather than have one, but Republican politicians can encourage mistresses and daughters to get abortions and it's no problemo.

At the core of this is the fact that Republican law and order rhetoric is mostly a racist vendetta against ethnic minorities, while as long as the perpetrator is white they're fine with all sorts of crime being forgiven and running away from legal principles.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Gustaf...

Uh, it's not even remotely surprising that you would agree with what he just typed...?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies