Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:26:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159653 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: April 26, 2017, 02:57:38 PM »

As much as I would love to see Roy Moore in the Senate, I don't want to wind up with a competitive race in Alabama of all places
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 01:10:38 PM »

Brooks entering the race really f--ks things up for the conservative wing of the party and causes a vote split between Brooks and Moore. Strange would likely win, although I wouldn't be shocked if Democrats try to recruit just in case Moore wins the primary.

Alabama does primary runoffs, so the vote split isn't as important
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 11:00:34 PM »

I definitely want a Moore vs. Brooks runoff here, because I like them both a lot.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 09:48:57 AM »

Do you guys think that if Doug Jones and Roy Moore emerge as the nominees, this race could end up somewhat resembling Massachusetts 2010? It would give Democrats a pickup that they could hold just long enough that they have a slightly less steep hill to climb in 2018, and when they likely lose the seat in 2020, they will have picked up seats elsewhere.

The early polls(not that they're all that telling at this point in time) show it surprisingly close(at least for Alabama) and I think this could end up like a MA 2010 redux.

Massachusetts is more flexible in elections downballot than olympic gymnasts. Meanwhile, Alabama makes this guy look flexible by comparison:

lol, true. I feel like blue states in general are more open to electing conservatives/Republicans than vice-versa.

Then why are there 15 Democratic Senators from red* states and only 3 Republican Senators from blue* states?

*Red and blue are defined relative to the 2016 popular vote
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 05:48:08 PM »

Well, there we have it. Moore gets his and Pittman's voters, and Strange gets the balance. Result: Strange wins Runoff 54-46.

again.

why would brooks voters vote for Strange?

Both are establishment republicans.

The term "establishment" means nothing if you are going to use it to refer to a member of the Freedom Caucus.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 10:49:25 PM »

Ugh- I really like Roy Moore, but Steve Bannon is not a good endorsement to have in the slightest.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 09:44:04 PM »

I just got an email that the National Organization for Marriage has endorsed Roy Moore, not that that should come as a shock
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 10:33:15 PM »

I just got an email that the National Organization for Marriage has endorsed Roy Moore, not that that should come as a shock

What does the National Organization for Marriage even do now that SSM is settled law?

They host a March for Marriage on the anniversary of Obergefell that is modeled after the March for Life, for one.  They also seem to be focusing more and more on religious liberty and abortion.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 09:27:32 PM »

This view is only something that can get you elected if you are in West Virginia or Mississippi.

I, I don't even know what the hell to say to this.

http://ava.prri.org/#lgbt/2016/States/lgbt_ssm/3

A majority of residents in those 2 states think same sex marriage should be illegal.
In all the other states, that is not the case.

That's not what Wikipedia says

Another 2016 poll had only 20-some percent of Tennesseans approving of gay marriage, not 46%
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 09:53:51 PM »

Not a word has been said about this on any local news station tonight.

I would actually like to see audio of it.  I wonder if this site has an agenda and is mis-representing something or changing the context (since we don't actually see him ever mention execution in the OP).
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 11:26:02 PM »

Bret Baier doesn't want to give Jones any leverage. If Strange was safe in the primary, I could see Baier bringing up ExecutionGate to laugh at Moore even more, but given that there is a significant risk of Moore being nominated, representatives of the GOP must avoid criticizing him to avoid helping Jones gain support.
Bret Baier isn't exactly a "representative of the GOP".  According to a Harvard study, his show is virtually right down the middle- 51% anti-Trump and 49% pro-Trump (which makes it the most right-wing flagship telecast, but it is ever so slightly left-leaning).
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 05:14:56 PM »

The problem for Moore is that while amping up the alt-right, neo-nazi, ultra-conservative sector might get him a narrow runoff victory, it also gives plenty of ammunition to Jones for the general. Jones meanwhile has no clear gaffes yet and doesn't have significant baggage.

Do you know what the alt-right is?  Alt-right people are largely atheist, pro-abortion (for eugenics reasons), and indifferent to liberal on issues of sexuality.  That doesn't sound like the Moore base at all.  The Moore base is probably more similar to the Cruz base, especially if Trump wasn't on the ballot.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 07:27:41 PM »

Some results from Limestone, and Moore is over 60 in the county right now.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 07:37:58 PM »

So what's so special about Marshall? It's no going the same way as the rest of NA.

I wonder if that is just a fluke of a single precinct.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 07:39:56 PM »

Just got a huge dump from Montgomery at 57-43 Strange.  Moore's lead is down to 54-46.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 12:59:20 PM »

Southern populism and conservatism were never, ever meant to be on the same side.  Glad you guys are finally realizing it.

I HATE that Steve Bannon is supporting from Roy Moore because it detracts from Moore's message and makes people equate him with Bannonist factions.

-Moore's base is deeply religious, pro-life, very conservative on issues of family, marriage, and sexuality, and generally votes on Christian conservative values

-Bannon's base is largely irreligious, many pro-abortion for eugenic reasons, indifferent to liberal on issues of marriage and sexuality, and generally vote on restricting trade and stopping immiration.

We Moore Republicans are not the Bannon Republicans, and I wish people would stop making that false comparison!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 06:16:47 PM »

I don't know what to say.  If they are true, we should try to run someone else; if not, it is a real shame that someone would ruin someone's reputation with very serious allegations.

I don't want to believe this because I really liked Roy Moore, and I didn't believe it at first, but, the more I read, the more I think this is sadly true.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies