Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:10:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159564 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 14, 2017, 05:28:40 PM »

A better question is why aren't you tbh
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »

My family just went out to vote. Half Pittman, Half Jones.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 12:58:37 PM »

Wasting money on Alabama is criminal...if it were a gubernatorial race fine, but no Dem is getting sent to Congress from this state.

Republican strategists said the same thing about Massachusetts in 2010.

Scott Brown was one of the most talented politicians of his generation.
Doug Jones is nowhere near as charismatic as Brown.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:30:56 PM »

This is not going to be too close, IMO. I'd be surprised if the margin is under 10%.

Called it!
I did it!
But the margin WAS under 10.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 01:52:12 PM »

NYT: Doug Jones passes 1 Million dollar mark (for entire campaign)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 10:01:31 PM »

It's not like he's been shy about his being pro choice on his website. Tbh, this election was never about Jones somehow winning over mythical Alabama swing voters. It's all about turnout in a December off year election. The only way Jones wins is if dems turn out and republicans stay home. Maybe being strongly pro choice will be a motivating factor for AL dems.

If anything, being strongly pro-choice will be a bigger motivating factor for AL Republicans.
Being ProChoice destroys him. My family in Alabama (who voted against Moore consistently in every the  election so far) was considering voting for Jones. I showed them the article where he defends abortion rights. They won't vote for him anymore or even consider it (they'll likely abstain or bite their tongue and vote Moore). There are many other people like this in Alabama I assume and in other southern states.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 10:31:40 PM »

It's not like he's been shy about his being pro choice on his website. Tbh, this election was never about Jones somehow winning over mythical Alabama swing voters. It's all about turnout in a December off year election. The only way Jones wins is if dems turn out and republicans stay home. Maybe being strongly pro choice will be a motivating factor for AL dems.

If anything, being strongly pro-choice will be a bigger motivating factor for AL Republicans.
Being ProChoice destroys him. My family in Alabama (who voted against Moore consistently in every the  election so far) was considering voting for Jones. I showed them the article where he defends abortion rights. They won't vote for him anymore or even consider it (they'll likely abstain or bite their tongue and vote Moore). There are many other people like this in Alabama I assume and in other southern states.

Absolutely.. A pro-choice candidate cannot win in the state of Alabama.. Jones's strong pro-choice views will motivate Republicans to turn out against him.
I would bet that a sizable chunk of Alabama democrats are ProLife too.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 08:30:28 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2017, 08:05:17 PM by Silent Cal »

Basically, make gains around the Black Belt, the Mobile metro and the Huntsville metro.
There is absolutely 0 chance that Jones wins Mobile, even if he won statewide in a fantasy universe. Mobile voted Moore over Strange.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 08:05:28 PM »

Basically, make gains around the Black Belt, the Mobile metro and the Huntsville metro.
There is absolutely 0 chance that Moore Jones wins Mobile, even if he won statewide in a fantasy universe. Mobile voted Moore over Strange.

FTFY
Thanks for fixing that.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 11:59:02 AM »

Nationalization of this race will hurt, not help. Just look at the Georgia special election VS South Carolina.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 09:29:56 PM »

Very strange background. A living room would have been better. The ad starts off strong. "Washington's broken" is always a good move, but Jones doesn't really say anything substantive here that would rally anyone or convince anyone. He also is pretty bland and uninspiring. Overall, I give the ad a 5/10. He just isn't the right fit for Alabama, so he has nothing substantive to say that would help him.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 10:20:30 PM »

Even if the poll was accurate the unsure voters are going to Moore.
Jones needs to be leading with over 50 to win. A tie is a Moore winning poll, especially one with a trump approval at +1
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 11:39:46 PM »

Alabama is not Virginia.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »

Horrible. He should withdraw and crawl into a hole. Hypocrite. Predator. Never a US Senator.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 05:49:47 PM »

I don't think Roy would do it. Would Roy do that?
No one is offering testimony for his character. It would be different if there were some kind of uproar. The thing is...there isn't. I know people deeply involved in Alabama politics. They told me Roy Moore was fake. I did not realize- and I do not think they did- it was to such a horrible extent. If something comes out and I have to eat my words, I will. Until then, I will give these accusers the benefit of the doubt based on what I know about Moore.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 06:05:51 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2017, 06:08:51 PM by Young Conservative »

The main thing that is telling here: where are the character witnesses for Moore? Where are those who are saying he is honorable and just? The most we have heard is: "Liberal attacks! Leftist lies!" or even worse "Even if...I will not vote for Jones." No one is choosing to testify on behalf of Moore, just attempt to undermine these women's credibility.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 09:28:29 AM »

Stop comparing a tape of Donald Trump saying something that he apologized for with accusations from multiple women that Roy Moore pursued sexual relations with a girl at fourteen. There's not a comparison. Just because two things are bad does not mean each is equally bad. One of these is clearly worse
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »

Talked to may family. Of those I have spoken to, none will vote for Moore. All are evangelical Christians and most are Trump voters.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 10:58:29 PM »

Talked to may family. Of those I have spoken to, none will vote for Moore. All are evangelical Christians and most are Trump voters.
Are they abstaining? Voting Jones? Writing in someone?
Abstaining. The Democrats are obviously voting for Jones, but the Republicans will abstain (unless a write in candidacy emerges)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 11:40:35 PM »

Can you really trust the detailed accusations corroborated by 31 people if a guy who took money from a charity disputes them? Partisanship makes it harder to see who is credible.

I didn't see anything about how Moore says he knew two of them and also admits to dating teenagers in the last few pages of the thread. He still hasn't confessed to doing the things they said he did, but it's not like he would do that. Yet the sound bite if "I don't dispute that" can't help him.
Him dating 17-20 year olds is not a crime they both admit nothing happened.
If he was lying wouldn’t he have denied all of it?
Something not being technically illegal does not make it moral or ethical. If someone went up to my 17 year old sister and was 32 asking her on a date, I would grab a shot gun.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 05:39:31 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2017, 05:41:46 PM by Young Conservative »

I actually really dislike Moore.  But I will not agree to turn the Senate over to the Democrats.

Again please do not preach morality to me when you folks elected Ted Kennedy over and over for over 40 years.  You also wanted to sneak Bill back into the White House.  I am not sure you will not try that again.

At least Republicans decked the influence pedaling Bushes. You still have to get rid of your influence pedaling Clintons. Take care of your own business.

I know we still need to get rid of the Bush grandchild in Texas.

Instinctively, I will never believe the Washington Post, a house organ of the Democrat Party, did not have the story before the primary.

Even if Jones wins, Republicans will still have the Senate until 2021 minimum, when Jones will lose re-election or retire anyway.

It doesn't matter. A temporary 3-year Senate seat in Alabama is absolutely worth it.

In any case, Jones probably gets an appointment somewhere if he wins this year and a Democrat wins in 2020.
For Democrats, he might be fielded for AG.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies