Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:36:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159602 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: September 12, 2017, 03:31:45 PM »

Alabama should be forcibly expelled from the union if it puts this psycho in the Senate.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 06:00:31 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2017, 03:39:19 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

I'm sure this has been asked before, but can Strange pull a Cochran and get Democrats to vote for him in the runoff?  I don't know what Alabama law says on runoffs.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 12:41:09 AM »

Not a word has been said about this on any local news station tonight.

I would actually like to see audio of it.  I wonder if this site has an agenda and is mis-representing something or changing the context (since we don't actually see him ever mention execution in the OP).

Most sane people wouldn't reply "I don't know" if asked if they believe gay people should be executed, but y'know.

Also, anti-sodomy laws were federally abolished as recently as 2003.  I don't know anyone who supports bringing anti-sodomy laws back, but it wouldn't surprise me that such people still exist.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 03:44:18 AM »

Not a word has been said about this on any local news station tonight.

I would actually like to see audio of it.  I wonder if this site has an agenda and is mis-representing something or changing the context (since we don't actually see him ever mention execution in the OP).

Most sane people wouldn't reply "I don't know" if asked if they believe gay people should be executed, but y'know.

Moore is disgusting, but you all are completely misreading the line.

"Well I don’t, you know", which is the same as saying, "As you know, I don't... (support executing gay people)".

That is different from saying, "well I don't know", which is what you guys are reading it as.

But seriously, why let a little thing like grammar get in the way of a good crusade of righteous outrage. Tongue

I'll admit to misreading what he said in the article, though obviously the fact that Moore seems okay with anti-sodomy laws is a testament to how awful he is.

Which thankfully isn't to say it's going to matter much in the grand scheme of things.  Moore will likely have little real influence in the Senate and McConnell certainly has no reason to treat him charitably.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 09:47:27 PM »

So we all agree that Roy Moore's imminent election to the Senate hurts any conceivable remaining chances of repealing Obamacare, yeah?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 09:07:12 PM »

Biden to campaign for Jones on October 3rd
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 12:07:13 AM »

Can you really trust the detailed accusations corroborated by 31 people if a guy who took money from a charity disputes them? Partisanship makes it harder to see who is credible.

I didn't see anything about how Moore says he knew two of them and also admits to dating teenagers in the last few pages of the thread. He still hasn't confessed to doing the things they said he did, but it's not like he would do that. Yet the sound bite if "I don't dispute that" can't help him.
Him dating 17-20 year olds is not a crime they both admit nothing happened.
If he was lying wouldn’t he have denied all of it?
Something not being technically illegal does not make it moral or ethical. If someone went up to my 17 year old sister and was 32 asking her on a date, I would grab a shot gun.
I agree, it’s very odd and creepy, but this is was 40 years ago.  He has been married for 35 years.  If it turned this happened within the past 35 years, I would unendorsement because then he’s would have been cheating on his wife.

F

See me after class.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies