Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:41:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159714 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: July 09, 2017, 10:30:07 AM »

The Luther Burger vs. Mediocre Mo vs. Religious Radical Roy: Senate Race of the Century
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 09:32:20 PM »

Lmao at Kennedy getting destroyed
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 12:18:35 PM »

I mean not that I like Moore, but what does a Senate's candidate adult son getting arrested have anything to do with the party at large?

It's more the hypocrisy that tends to come out from the GOP. Poor people who defraud benefits are scum who ought to starve, but rich Republicans engaging in bribery is fine and GOP primary voters don't bat an eye. Abortion is murder and pregnant women should die rather than have one, but Republican politicians can encourage mistresses and daughters to get abortions and it's no problemo.

At the core of this is the fact that Republican law and order rhetoric is mostly a racist vendetta against ethnic minorities, while as long as the perpetrator is white they're fine with all sorts of crime being forgiven and running away from legal principles.

That's insane. Are you sure that you guys aren't the racist ones for insinuating that this law and order rhetoric focuses on minorities?
What’s the outcome of ‘law and order’ exactly?

Why are black drug users disproportionately represented in our prison system when drug use is the same for blacks and whites?

Your idea of law and order is colored by your background and your interactions with law enforcement. Different communities do not get the benefit of that doubt that you and I get.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 02:07:08 PM »

It's pretty funny in retrospect that people on Atlas were arguing Jones could win before this news broke considering the race is now merely tied despite Moore being an exposed pedophile.
It's been one day you dipsh*t
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 02:28:49 AM »

I actually really dislike Moore.  But I will not agree to turn the Senate over to the Democrats.
Could be Atticus Finch (D) vs Jeffrey Dahmer (R), it don't matter to this enlightened soul!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 02:45:31 AM »

Greedo to the police: "Actually, it's hebephilia! Not pedophilia!"
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 03:14:13 AM »

Greedo, you should be ashamed of yourself for this political hackery and if you run for anything in Atlasia again, I will vote against you.
Really making some serious threats here, wulfric
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 03:18:13 PM »

https://twitter.com/AlexSilverman/status/930161839677296640

Signed her textbook,  "Roy Moore, DA". Wow.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 03:24:20 PM »

Should note that, unless radical leftists have invented time travel to forge Moore's signature, there's no way this could have been faked. It matches up well with Moore's penmanship throughout the years.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »

Moore down to .43 on PredictIt. Jones is favored now. Strange back up to .13.

Who was the poor guy here that put $500 on Moore? Jesus.

Oh I'll be ecstatic if I lose that money
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 10:03:23 PM »

While I’m still not convinced about the rumors
Do you want video evidence? He signed a teen girl's yearbook and wrote her a f**king love letter
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 10:38:55 PM »

What needs to happen is that Luther Strange must immediately resign. A new senator would be appointed to fill his seat, and a new special election would be called. Unfortunately, it's too late to take Moore off the ballot at this point. Strange gives no indication that he'd do this, but it would be the right thing not only for the GOP but for America. If he doesn't, the best thing that can happen from a republican perspective is Moore winning then being forced to resign, which would also lead to another special election.
Your moral ineptitude is not our problem

you, that would be everything wrong with America's electoral system if we did that.

I don't like the system forcing people to make a last minute decision on whether or not they believe allegations about events from decades ago that conveniently only pop up right before the election (not like Moore hasn't been in the public eye for a long time). Had these come out before the primary, it would have been Brooks over Strange in the runoff or had they come between primary and runoff, Strange would have won.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies