Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:50:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159675 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 27, 2017, 03:20:58 AM »

Going forward, us non-alabamans that will be tracking this race need to remember that Roy Moore's views are not extreme within the prism of the alabama electorate.

It's also worth noting that Roy Moore isn't Christine O'Donnell, Sharon Angle, or any of the other failed fringe Tea Party candidates, nor is Alabama like Delaware, Nevada, or Indiana. The chances of Moore losing are very small since, like you said, Moore's views are hardly a substantive departure from those of most Alabama Republican voters.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 01:38:23 PM »

Southern populism and conservatism were never, ever meant to be on the same side.  Glad you guys are finally realizing it.

I HATE that Steve Bannon is supporting from Roy Moore because it detracts from Moore's message and makes people equate him with Bannonist factions.

-Moore's base is deeply religious, pro-life, very conservative on issues of family, marriage, and sexuality, and generally votes on Christian conservative values

-Bannon's base is largely irreligious, many pro-abortion for eugenic reasons, indifferent to liberal on issues of marriage and sexuality, and generally vote on restricting trade and stopping immiration.

We Moore Republicans are not the Bannon Republicans, and I wish people would stop making that false comparison!

I know, right?? Comparing Theocrats to Fascists - how offensive and absurd!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »

Southern populism and conservatism were never, ever meant to be on the same side.  Glad you guys are finally realizing it.

I HATE that Steve Bannon is supporting from Roy Moore because it detracts from Moore's message and makes people equate him with Bannonist factions.

-Moore's base is deeply religious, pro-life, very conservative on issues of family, marriage, and sexuality, and generally votes on Christian conservative values

-Bannon's base is largely irreligious, many pro-abortion for eugenic reasons, indifferent to liberal on issues of marriage and sexuality, and generally vote on restricting trade and stopping immiration.

We Moore Republicans are not the Bannon Republicans, and I wish people would stop making that false comparison!

I know, right?? Comparing Theocrats to Fascists - how offensive and absurd!

Here's comes the petty name calling again.

Remember that according to Atlas standards America was a Theocracy a few decades ago.

And also that being mean is literally fascism because fascists were mean.

Nah, America was never a Theocracy as it was never ruled by ecclesiastical authorities claiming to interpret God's laws. However, the intimate relationship between Protestant Christianity and the American government, at all levels, and the frequent reliance upon Protestant theology and Evangelical interpretations of Christian religious texts to justify and promote particular laws, and condone or condemn specific behaviors and peoples has a long (and often dark) history in America. Although that does not fit the technical definition of theocracy, the loosest interpretation of that term can serve as a stand-in for a lack of a better word. People like ExtremeConservative, along with future Senator Moore, would like to rebuild that ugly tradition in America of Protestant dominance of America using the powers of the government to impose their absurd vision upon us all.

As for Fascism supposedly being a term thrown about and used to slander anyone who's "mean," that's certainly not how I use it. Fascism is, essentially, albeit not technically, the dehumanization of the "other" and the desire to use force (social, physical, political, or military) to oppress or exploit those who've been dehumanized. The way folks like Bannon speak of Muslims, undocumented immigrants, and minorities in general (such as claims that "Western civilization" is superior and America's historic demographic majority must be maintained) is a form of dehumanization. Thus, they are Fascists, and I will label them as such.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 01:06:24 AM »

One thing's for sure: Jones can at least use this to obliterate what little African-American support Moore might have had up to this point.

Unfortunately, that only raises Jones's chances of victory from about 5% to 10%.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 08:54:43 PM »

Why Roy Moore supporters are standing by him, in their own words

You must be logged in to read this quote.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 03:01:51 PM »

When I get back home I’m going to teach you a history lesson,ALL of this stuff I’m posting will be facts I have learned from volunteering for the National park service as a costume history interpreter.

This is the best satire account ever
Want to know something I volunteer at fort Vancouver in Vancouver Washington and yes it’s a national park. In the 1820s-1860s the men who could read and write who were clerks they didn’t get married till they were 35-45 years old! They marrying young girls as young as 12! Roy Moore was not 40 dating 12-16 year olds he was dating 17-23 yearolds when he was 29-38. Moore has done nothing wrong yet!

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 03:16:57 PM »

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 03:19:54 PM »

Very dramatic. And after that, of course, the Iraqi soldiers came into the hospital, they took the babies out of the incubators and left them to die on the cold floor.

Oh look, Captain Deplorable has decided to disgrace us with his noxious presence. Should’ve known you’d crawl out of your lair to take sociopathic pop shots at sexually abused girls; it fits your cancerous character perfectly.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 03:24:36 PM »

“Fake news. Anyone could’ve forged that.”
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 03:33:28 PM »

The Bible may not have specified age restrictions on romantic and sexual relationships, but it does have a commandment that states: Thou shalt not lie. Or will the Evangelicals defending him explicitly disregard the 10 Commandments now too?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »

I am urging Roy Moore to drop out of the race right away.
While I’m still not convinced about the rumors it’s to risky I don’t want a possible child rapist in the senate again while I thank Moore for his service he should drop out.

Greedo the hunter

Ah hell, Moore lost the Senate GOP and Guido the hunter?? I fully expect him to bow out of the race no later than tomorrow. It's over. Now that Commie Jones is going to win and help the Democrats socialize America Sad
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 10:12:59 PM »

While I’m still not convinced about the rumors
Do you want video evidence? He signed a teen girl's yearbook and wrote her a f**king love letter

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies