Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:13:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159603 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

« on: April 26, 2017, 02:17:29 PM »

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 08:12:59 PM »

BREAKING: Sen. Trip Pittman, R-Montrose, will seek Alabama's US Senate seat.

https://twitter.com/lyman_brian/status/864951142597496832
Clown car primary basically.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 04:04:05 PM »

Sorry if we've already seen this, but Wikipedia reports a GCS poll of Moore vs Jones

https://surveys.google.com/reporting/survey?survey=sb6hd2iw5onn4qekyzq4fqbnoi

On the wiki page the report is incorrect, it is approximately 55 Moore - 45 Jones, although nearly a majority of those surveyed say they won't vote.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 08:06:47 PM »

Mary Maxwell surging! Southern Kusty will win!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 10:12:23 PM »

If I were the Jones campaign, I'd try to quietly contact as many Hillary voters as I can, and try to increase black turnout as much as possible, perhaps through church networks. Winning over Republicans is a fool's errand.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 10:22:42 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2017, 10:25:51 PM by Kamala »

If I were the Jones campaign, I'd try to quietly contact as many Hillary voters as I can, and try to increase black turnout as much as possible, perhaps through church networks. Winning over Republicans is a fool's errand.

Not enough democrats in the state to win based on that alone.

I think turnout will be depressed among all groups, just because it's a special election in an off year and an off month. Also, if Strange is the nominee, Republicans will also not be really inspired to turn out to vote.

There were 795,696 Obama 2012 voters in Alabama.

In 2014, Sessions received 795,606 votes, uncontested.
2014 House elections:
Republicans - 704,000 votes
Democrats - 331,000 votes, which means nearly 100,000 Democratic voters voted for Sessions.

This leaves us with about 700,000 Republican midterm votes, approximately 41% turnout . If turnout is higher than SC-05 (18%), lets say 25% (with Republicans) , that means about 430,000 votes for the Republican. This means that Jones needs to have turnout of 54% of Obama 2012 voters. A difficult task, nigh-impossible, but just nigh.

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 05:02:45 PM »

Does anyone think Sue Bell Cobb would be doing better than Jones atm?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 05:17:36 PM »

Just like Trump feels like a throwback to the '80s, this guy sure epitomizes a certain strand of Republican politics that was popular in the '90s.

The 1890s?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 02:42:55 PM »

I mean, when he made that statement, homosexual conduct was only legal nationally for two years. Still makes his statement despicable, but historical context at least gives us insight.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 02:27:01 PM »

A Strange internal poll found that McConnell's favorability was just 10% among AL Republicans.

https://twitter.com/arogdc/status/913119533094903810

If Jones could somehow tie Moore to McConnell and the Republican establishment, he could stand to gain bigly.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 03:42:29 PM »

Man, you two sure love defending fascists.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 10:06:32 PM »

If there was a competent third party candidate running who was to Jones's right on Abortion, it would be very tempting to endorse that candidate instead of Jones.

Go ahead and endorse this theoretical candidate. Maybe he'll benefit as much as your other endorsements.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 03:54:51 PM »

Kay Ivey is a Democratic plant.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 09:32:38 PM »

Quoth Big Luther, "Never Moore."
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 01:58:27 PM »

Reality has jumped the shark.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 08:58:27 PM »

Literally disgusting.

A middle finger to women everywhere - doesn't matter if you tell the truth, men in power will never be brought down.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 10:15:40 PM »

"Who did he vote for?" - Grumps, probably.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 10:59:19 PM »

Listen if I lived in Alabama I would probably lean Moore but if Moore stuff comes out and actual proof I would either write in Mo Brooks or not vote at all.

"Moore stuff" literally came out. This is stuff coming out.

What kind of proof is necessary? There are 30, now 31 independent interviews regarding his inappropriate actions and Moore's non-denial on Hannity. Do you need a written testimony from Moore saying "I sexually abused a 14 year old girl"?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 11:26:59 PM »

Listen if I lived in Alabama I would probably lean Moore but if Moore stuff comes out and actual proof I would either write in Mo Brooks or not vote at all.

What kind of proof is necessary? There are 30, now 31 independent interviews regarding his inappropriate actions and Moore's non-denial on Hannity. Do you need a written testimony from Moore saying "I sexually abused a 14 year old girl"?
Well I want tapes or people he worked with saying yes it’s true. Why should I believe these women without giving any proof.

Why would he tell someone he worked with (at the DA office, of all places) that he committed a blatantly illegal act?

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 11:33:12 PM »

Well I want tapes or people he worked with saying yes it’s true. Why should I believe these women without giving any proof.

Why would he tell someone he worked with (at the DA office, of all places) that he committed a blatantly illegal act?

I don’t know tell me why Bill Clinton admitted to a disgusting act on TAPE?

Was despicable but not illegal? Also... wasn't he under oath?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 11:44:00 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2017, 11:50:11 PM by Kamala Claus »

Can you really trust the detailed accusations corroborated by 31 people if a guy who took money from a charity disputes them? Partisanship makes it harder to see who is credible.

I didn't see anything about how Moore says he knew two of them and also admits to dating teenagers in the last few pages of the thread. He still hasn't confessed to doing the things they said he did, but it's not like he would do that. Yet the sound bite if "I don't dispute that" can't help him.
Him dating 17-20 year olds is not a crime they both admit nothing happened.
If he was lying wouldn’t he have denied all of it?

A thirty-something year old man dating a 17 year old may not be illegal, but it is predatorial.

A thirty-something year old man who is in a position of power (like assistant DA) is a recipe for silencing victims. It's textbook abuse.

As for why he would not deny all of it, maybe it's so mouthbreathers like you believe him for every thing he says? He admits to only doing things that weren't explicitly illegal - so that people think he is completely honest on everything because he admitted something that he could've denied.

People who commit such acts are sociopaths and the subtly lying tactics that Moore is using is incredibly sociopathic.

also uhhhhh boy Clinton was impeached? He was acquitted.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2017, 12:03:03 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2017, 12:04:53 AM by Kamala Claus »

Can you really trust the detailed accusations corroborated by 31 people if a guy who took money from a charity disputes them? Partisanship makes it harder to see who is credible.

I didn't see anything about how Moore says he knew two of them and also admits to dating teenagers in the last few pages of the thread. He still hasn't confessed to doing the things they said he did, but it's not like he would do that. Yet the sound bite if "I don't dispute that" can't help him.
Him dating 17-20 year olds is not a crime they both admit nothing happened.
If he was lying wouldn’t he have denied all of it?
Something not being technically illegal does not make it moral or ethical. If someone went up to my 17 year old sister and was 32 asking her on a date, I would grab a shot gun.
I agree it’s very odd and creepy but this is 40 years ago he has been married for 35 years if it turned this happened within the past 35 years I would unendorsement because then he’s cheating on his wife.

Really? Cheating is the straw that breaks the f[inks]ing camel's back? Not statutorily raping a 14 year old girl or committing sexual assault and then lying about it?

I'm a partisan hack, and you're the f[inks]ing worst hack I've ever met.

F[inks] you for enabling predators like Moore
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 12:18:54 AM »

Sue Bell Cobb really would’ve locked up this race at this point. Shame she’s running for a governor and not for this seat.

Or Walt Maddox.

But Jones is a good man and the antithesis of Moore. Jones would probably be one of the best people in the senate if he gets elected.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 12:55:43 AM »

My wife said she heard the governor of Alabama had some power to delay the election. Is that correct?

You know the internet well enough to find this site but using google is a little too much?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 01:42:19 PM »

Ivey has been a no-nonsense Governor. Probably the best we could get with an R in Alabama .
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies