Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:54:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159570 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: September 26, 2017, 09:43:37 PM »

You just gotta love Doug Jones! One of the first quality candidates of ours in a long time there. What a gentleman! Come on guys, Moore is gonna win, but let's not just sit back and take it.

Jones will lose by 20 points

Depends on whether Moore puts his foot in his mouth so bad that he blows it like Akin and Murdock. (And given that it's Alabama, would have to be worse than either of those.) I don't think that's much that Jones can do other than hope Moore somehow epic fails.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 04:05:00 PM »

That last line HAS to be tongue in cheek
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 04:14:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Jesus Christ (no pun intended.)

Joseph was Jesus' biological father??? This is news to me.

Yes. The virgin birth was made up decades later as a tie  in to prophecy and mythology. And I say this as a Christian.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 06:15:56 PM »

And the thing about this is, Doug Jones winning won't flip the Senate, and it wouldn't completely halt the Republican Party's ability to legislate, and it's not like Jones is by any means favored to keep the seat if he won it, either..
I would like to add that if Doug Jones is serious about keeping this seat he won't exactly be in the chambers championing far left legislation. Doug Jones could be persuaded to vote with Republicans on some things and work with the President when it benefits his constituents. Trump won this state by 28 points. Jones won't be completely hostile to the Republican agenda.

Nah, he definitely gets Blanched no matter what if he wins so he needs to go out in a blaze of progressive glory.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies