Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:31:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 159724 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: September 22, 2017, 02:49:06 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LMAO
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:37:25 AM »

Not really an "outlier" if you look at Jones' percentage. He's been pretty consistently in the 42% range for awhile now. The margin in polls is being affected solely by those "Alabama Indys" who are almost all Republicans and who just like to pretend they're thoughtful, rational creatures.

You see the same thing to some degree in Trump's national numbers: his approval number is considerably more static in the aggregate than his disapproval number. there's a segment of people who basically go from "disapprove" to "not sure" and back again (most of whom would still vote for him if the election were held today).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 02:13:23 PM »

What was Doug Jones doing in 1979? What a great contrast that'd make for a campaign ad!

Alabamified:

"In 1979, Doug Jones was prosecuting violent felons to keep Alabamans safe. In 1979, Roy Moore was soliciting sex from a 14 year-old white girl."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpzMQ-z-QsY
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 02:40:19 PM »

So, does Jones win if Moore is decertified? I imagine there'd be a less-than-insignificant share of AL voters who'd insist on voting for Moore anyway, as a big "f[inks]k you" to the spineless RINO establishment or whatever. I mean, just look at Martha Roby's election results in 2014 and 2016 after she withdrew her endorsement of Trump last October.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 12:17:26 AM »

The more I hear about these allegations, the more I believe they are true. Moore needs to step aside.

I applaud you for putting country before party, we need more Republicans like you.

Don't confuse such a statement as a repudiation of Moore as a candidate for whom he will vote. Such is the reality of "Alabama independents".
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 12:17:50 AM »

What the fuck does "Benjamin Harrison he is w" even mean?

Was trying to type "Benjamin Harrison he is woke" but fell asleep before he could finish
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 07:35:39 PM »

The question of "why now?" has a simple answer. That answer is that with the downfall of people like Harvey Weinstein and Louis CK and Kevin Spacey, women now feel empowered to speak the truth about people who sexually assaulted them. This is new in our culture.

I mean more about what exactly the sheriff and other powerful county officials were doing sitting on their ass knowing Moore was up to this kind of behavior.

The legacy of the Good Ol' Boy system, of course - back when everybody (including Moore) was a good, god-fearin' Dixiecrat. Of course, since all of those people more or less became good, god-fearin' Republicans around the same time, nobody in the club was ever outed or harmed for their transgressions due to partisan or political motivations.

It's frankly pretty dumb for people who have lived through that culture and know it all too well to question the legitimacy of the system and accuse it of corruption in one breath, and in the next, ask why one hand of power didn't slap the other - as if that implies it isn't true.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies